• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

4324 posts in this topic

Posted

Her grandfather passed. Sad, man. I don't like Taylor that much anymore but losing a loved one always sucks. 

Screenshot_20190409-104446.png

Posted

</3 my condoleances Taylor

Posted

yeah same.

But...what a weird way to end a tribute. 

Posted

My condolences to Taylor and her family. I know how hard it is to loose a loved one.

Posted

yeah same.

I think in such situations there're not really weird ways. How we say goodbye to loved ones is extremely personal.

It is a very sad update from Taylor. I hope that she will remain strong during such difficult time.

Posted

Out of topic but the younger pics of her made me sad because she was cute without all those plastic surgeries. 

Posted

yeah same.

What was weird about it? 

Posted

What was weird about it? 

I thought it was sweet until she wrote "i know the last thing you searched was me" 

Posted

I thought it was sweet until she wrote "i know the last thing you searched was me" 

I mean- he was her grandpa.  She probably saw on his phone what he searched or someone told her. I dont think that's weird 

Posted

I find that weird as well.. She should be celebrating and mourning for him, not turning it back to herself again and again. I know everyone mourns differently but if Taylor was someone else, let's say Kenna, people would be pulling her head off for being so self-centered with her writing.

Posted

Sounds like they're back in Canada for the funeral. Hopefully she has some nice time with her family and rests.

Posted

I mean- he was her grandpa.  She probably saw on his phone what he searched or someone told her. I dont think that's weird 

Yeah, maybe I'm being too critical. Obviously everyone grieves in their own way and has the right to do that.

here's the explanation of why I found it kind of odd:

It was sort of off-putting to me that she ended by talking about how he followed her on IG, FB, and YT, and that she was his last search before he died. I found that weird, especially given that she's not his only grandchild. So when she mentions that, it sounds like she's almost bragging that she was the last thing on his mind, or the most famous one. I personally would not end a tribute to a beloved family member by making their death about me. 

But maybe she didn't mean it like that. idk I don't plan to dissect it any further.

Posted

I was lurking on her Twitter (Not something I usually do) but I realised the tweets are more motivational/better than the ones she posted whilst working in Japan...Those ones really annoyed me cuz they always started with 'What bath bomb should I try on guys?', 'Vote for which bath bomb' like can't you choose what stinkin' bath ball u want to use? -_- Even tho the motivational/inspirational quotes are things other famous people say/have said it's slightly better. But I feel on the other hand she acts like she achieved/accomplished something like wrote a biography book or helped fund a project but all she did is try to be generic Youtuber n eventually got noticed n married a rich Hong Kong guy who has a questionable past/work history 

Posted

I was lurking on her Twitter (Not something I usually do) but I realised the tweets are more motivational/better than the ones she posted whilst working in Japan...Those ones really annoyed me cuz they always started with 'What bath bomb should I try on guys?', 'Vote for which bath bomb' like can't you choose what stinkin' bath ball u want to use? -_- Even tho the motivational/inspirational quotes are things other famous people say/have said it's slightly better. But I feel on the other hand she acts like she achieved/accomplished something like wrote a biography book or helped fund a project but all she did is try to be generic Youtuber n eventually got noticed n married a rich Hong Kong guy who has a questionable past/work history 

I'm pretty sure that's just to encourage interaction lol