• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

4637 posts in this topic

Posted

Screenshot_20190324-010420.png

Is this for real?

it was a year ago

Posted

"Millenial Trends" lol :harharplz:

Taylor probably took the title alone as compliment because she's not a millenial at all...

Posted

Taylor probably took the title alone as compliment because she's not a millenial at all...

i can sense some sarcasm there - regarding the title perceived as a compliment by Tayliar. but how is she NOT a millennial at age 30? i'm in my mid 30s, and i barely made it in the demographic.. Surely she's one... Of course, Wikipedia is not the best source, but she seems to fit right in..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials#Terminology

Posted

Sure she is. In fact having been born at the end of 1988, she is pretty much right in the middle of the millennial years. Anyone born between 1981-1996 is considered a millennial.

i can sense some sarcasm there - regarding the title perceived as a compliment by Tayliar. but how is she NOT a millennial at age 30? i'm in my mid 30s, and i barely made it in the demographic.. Surely she's one... Of course, Wikipedia is not the best source, but she seems to fit right in..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials#Terminology

No you're right. Here's a pretty recent analysis done defining the boundaries.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/17/where-millennials-end-and-generation-z-begins/

Posted

At this point I am just excited to see her home improvements and cooking. Everything else is not interesting to me. Honestly I see her constant shopping as someone who is bored with no hobbies besides youtube. She loves to shop and her husband is an enabler cuz he's no different. On the topic with her style, she is a pretty woman and can dress way better than what she has now. Unfortunately she has told the viewers she has low self esteem. Notice most of her clothes are baggy. Last time I thought she looked amazing was on her trip to Thailand. I hope she finds a style that fits her and makes her happy. 

Posted

Millennials are now adults not college age🤦 I'm 29 and considered a millennial. 

it was a year ago

Honestly if I was on queer eye,ellen, or the news...this isn't how I would want to be know for...

Posted (edited)

Is she modelling for something?Screenshot_2019-03-25-09-40-00.thumb.png

Edited by Nanji21
Question

Posted

Is it for her Forbes Cover after she was on the Ellen Show ?? :haiplz:

Posted

Is it for her Forbes Cover after she was on the Ellen Show ?? :haiplz:

Obviously it's so she can be next to Kylie Jenner, since both of them are "self-made women" after all! The articles will be thrilling, talking about "she was slightly chubby as a kid once" but thankfully she has made their own brand now. No safety nets, no privilege. We stan a #bossbabe

Posted (edited)

She's probably doing headshots for her wannabe GOOP. Let's hope she avoids lawsuits, unlike Gwyneth. 

Edited by girlblunder

Posted (edited)

We do, but how much in comparison to her? I rarely buy clothes, with the last time being a year ago to get pants. I have only a few articles of each, and make them last 5+ years. I bike and walk everywhere, and take transit occasionally. I'm not perfect, but I try not to be wasteful or frivolous. I'm not into buying things for the sake of buying them and then discarding them because I'm bored of them like her. The average person may not be like me, but I don't think they'll be like her either. Although, her behaviour suggests an emptiness in her life she's trying to fill with retail therapy. It's still very privileged and wasteful.

If you are not contributing to the economy then you're contributing to companies shutting down and people on minimum wage and below losing their jobs and possibly their only way to eat. I'm sorry but there's nothing to congratulate about not spending money. If you have it then you should spend it so it circulates, there is nothing worse than rich people who hoard money. If companies don't make a profit they go under and everyone is out of a job. I cannot stand people who go on and on about the environment....but they probably drive a car, or take the bus, or eat cow, idk....it's all hypocritical. Like someone else said, we ALL ruin the world together, very very few people are holier than thou. There's nothing wrong with shopping!

That's a really cynical to believe that the average person isn't concerned or feel guilty about the waste they produce unless it's about saving money. I don't know if it's where you live (if you're an American I might understand that because they're still debating whether Climate Change is a real thing), but most everyone I know are actually concerned. They may buy clothes more frequently than I do, but let's be honest, the average person is busy with their life and don't have disposable income thanks to being unemployed and married to a super wealthy guy like in Taylor's case. Climate Change is a serious thing, and many (dare I say most) people are concerned and want to reduce their impact.

I live in Japan and we wrap our plastic bags in plastic bags. Nobody gives a crap. We have straws, glitter, plastic cups, nobody thinks twice. Neither do I, it's convenient and the world is shit already anyways, it's essentially too late to save it, the icebergs have started melting, the hole in the ozone isn't going to heal....I don't think the problem is so much whether people believe things are real but rather that it's done now, and there's no proof any of what the greenies are saying we should do will help anything whatsoever. I honestly couldn't careless...sorry to be honest but most people don't either even if they pretend to. All the Instagramers with their metal straws and bamboo toothbrushes are doing it for show- wanna bet they have regular plastic when the camera isn't rolling? I won't be alive when anything significant happens, I don't plan on leaving kids behind, and the world is going to blow itself up with World War III before the climate change does anything drastic. Today's youth absolutely SUCKS so I don't even feel bad for them.

The reason people are unemployed is because people like you don't shop, don't use public transport, and in general don't give your money to struggling corporations who need people to keep spending in order to keep people employed.

Edited by daydreamcarnival

Posted

If you are not contributing to the economy then you're contributing to companies shutting down and people on minimum wage and below losing their jobs and possibly their only way to eat. I'm sorry but there's nothing to congratulate about not spending money. If you have it then you should spend it so it circulates, there is nothing worse than rich people who hoard money. If companies don't make a profit they go under and everyone is out of a job. I cannot stand people who go on and on about the environment....but they probably drive a car, or take the bus, or eat cow, idk....it's all hypocritical. Like someone else said, we ALL ruin the world together, very very few people are holier than thou. There's nothing wrong with shopping!

I live in Japan and we wrap our plastic bags in plastic bags. Nobody gives a crap. We have straws, glitter, plastic cups, nobody thinks twice. Neither do it, it's convenient and the world is shit already anyways, it's essentially too late to save it, the icebergs have started melting, the hole in the ozone isn't going to heal....I don't think the problem is so much whether people believe things are real but rather that it's done now, and there's no proof any of what the greenies are saying we should do will help anything whatsoever. I honestly couldn't careless...sorry to be honest but most people don't either even if they pretend to. I won't be alive when anything significant happens, I don't plan on leaving kids behind, and the world is going to blow itself up with World War III before the climate change does anything drastic.

The reason people are unemployed is because people like you don't shop, don't use public transport, and in general don't give your money to struggling corporations who need people to keep spending in order to keep people employed.

I'm only going to respond the once because this is discussion is largely off topic, but you are really reaching with your catastrophism, 

First of all, you make quite the assumption to assume I'm a "rich person hoarding money" because you equate my not buying clothes more than once per year as being the same as not spending any money ever (I believe this is called a "strawman argument"). You also incorrectly assume that I spend no money, and that if no one spends any money that companies will go out of business and minimum wage workers will lose their jobs and starve, all because I only buy clothes once per year (which you extrapolated to my not spending money at all). You also assume that the only way for people to have jobs and make money is through the existence of companies, and that without them we will all suffer in poverty. As for being concerned about the environment, I personally don't drive (I don't have a driver's license). I walk and bike every where. And as someone in the urban planning field, there's nothing wrong with taking the bus (although if they didn't rely on fossil fuels, that'd be great), and in fact public transportation is the better than driving cars as carbon emissions/ energy consumption per capita is a lot less than if individuals drive cars, and it saves a lot of space in cities that is otherwise dedicated to cars. As much as there are many different things we do that have a negative impact on the environment, and even if we are approaching the point of no return, there's nothing wrong or hypocritical about trying to reduce our environmental impact in light of climate change. 

Your second paragraph is just wrong. You're basically saying that there's nothing we can do about climate change, and so you're just giving up and because you think "...the world is shit already anyways..." I don't intend to have children either, but other people have. And I will do what I can to reduce detrimental consumption practice and damage to our environment to stop or reduce climate change, especially for other people who will inherit the world once I pass away. I may not be alive, but I sure as hell don't want to be the reason other people are suffering, especially when there are definitely things we can do now. 

"Don't give your money to struggling corporations". Yeah... you're reaching again with your strawman arguments. But to be frank, I don't care about corporations - just like they don't care about anyone or anything except for making their owners millions and billions of dollars. These are the same corporations that claim to be considered a "Person" the benefit from the law, the same that trying to pay their employees as little as legally possible (aka minimum wage) despite making profits of hundreds of millions of dollars annually. The same companies that donate large sums of money in to politicians to influence their vote in favour of their company and against the best interests of the country and its people. The same companies stripping the earth of natural resources and harming animals, forest and indigenous populations for their profit (looking at you Nestle and Monsanto, et al.) I support independent businesses as much as I can as those are the businesses in our communities that are struggling and need support. But you're really reaching by trying to claim that I don't shop (no, I do shop and spend money) and that I'm responsible for minimum wage works losing their jobs, and being homeless and starving. Um... okay there. That's quite a reaching.

Posted

I love the look for her photoshoot! 

Posted

guys, this whole thing is suuuper OT but like. there's not ethical consumption under capitalism. give it up. also, she can buy all the metal straws and shit she wants, and it won't make a big enough difference cause it's literally 100 corporations ruining the planet and shit like, give it up. this is some kenna thread level nitpicking holy shit. 

anyway

Is she modelling for something?Screenshot_2019-03-25-09-40-00.thumb.png

i hope she posts more photos in this outfit, she looks cute in this pic. also, her hair looks nice when it's kinda messy like this? idk. 

Posted

guys, this whole thing is suuuper OT but like. there's not ethical consumption under capitalism. give it up. also, she can buy all the metal straws and shit she wants, and it won't make a big enough difference cause it's literally 100 corporations ruining the planet and shit like, give it up. this is some kenna thread level nitpicking holy shit. 

anyway

i hope she posts more photos in this outfit, she looks cute in this pic. also, her hair looks nice when it's kinda messy like this? idk. 

Minus the sneekers, she should have worn this to her speech.