• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

4984 posts in this topic

Posted

Her hair was so pretty in 2015~16, but now its so fried and dead.

Posted

I think it was more of her actually taking care of herself where as now she seems to be a mess. She doesn't take care of her hair, her skin, her outfits don't match. She even said in her latest video how she just buys things she sees in the window of shops, get bored with them super fast and that's it. She doesn't have a style anymore.

That's quite bad. So bad for the environment that she would buy things she doesn't really need or want and then gives up so quickly... Clothing was is a serious problem. And it's so privileged to just spend so frivolously... I'm going to be honest: I don't think well of her.

Posted

That's quite bad. So bad for the environment that she would buy things she doesn't really need or want and then gives up so quickly... Clothing was is a serious problem. And it's so privileged to just spend so frivolously... I'm going to be honest: I don't think well of her.

Sure her shopping behaviour is damaging for the environment but let's be honest, almost everyone does stuff on a daily base that's not an absolute necessity but damaging to the environment. I know I do.

Posted (edited)

Sure her shopping behaviour is damaging for the environment but let's be honest, almost everyone does stuff on a daily base that's not an absolute necessity but damaging to the environment. I know I do.

We do, but how much in comparison to her? I rarely buy clothes, with the last time being a year ago to get pants. I have only a few articles of each, and make them last 5+ years. I bike and walk everywhere, and take transit occasionally. I'm not perfect, but I try not to be wasteful or frivolous. I'm not into buying things for the sake of buying them and then discarding them because I'm bored of them like her. The average person may not be like me, but I don't think they'll be like her either. Although, her behaviour suggests an emptiness in her life she's trying to fill with retail therapy. It's still very privileged and wasteful.

Edited by Xinxinsong

Posted

I feel like this is the outfit of someone who spilled something on their nice shirt or pants/skirt and had to change into whatever was available in the closest shop. :notimp: I’ve defended her oversized look but this... idk. 

Posted

We do, but how much in comparison to her? I rarely buy clothes, with the last time being a year ago to get pants. I have only a few articles of each, and make them last 5+ years. I bike and walk everywhere, and take transit occasionally. I'm not perfect, but I try not to be wasteful or frivolous. I'm not into buying things for the sake of buying them and then discarding them because I'm bored of them like her. The average person may not be like me, but I don't think they'll be like her either. Although, her behaviour suggests an emptiness in her life she's trying to fill with retail therapy. It's still very privileged and wasteful.

I mean good for you that you're doing so well, I applaud you for that, but I can say with certainty that I don't know any people myself included that only buy clothes once a year. And the average person I know doesn't care about not being wasteful unless it's for their own benefit of saving money.

I'm not condemning her behaviour but I also don't think that she deserves having people nag about her wastefulness time and time again when it doesn't directly have anything to do with her channel and the average person doesn't exactly have an eco-friendly mindset either.

Posted (edited)

I mean good for you that you're doing so well, I applaud you for that, but I can say with certainty that I don't know any people myself included that only buy clothes once a year. And the average person I know doesn't care about not being wasteful unless it's for their own benefit of saving money.

I'm not condemning her behaviour but I also don't think that she deserves having people nag about her wastefulness time and time again when it doesn't directly have anything to do with her channel and the average person doesn't exactly have an eco-friendly mindset either.

That's a really cynical to believe that the average person isn't concerned or feel guilty about the waste they produce unless it's about saving money. I don't know if it's where you live (if you're an American I might understand that because they're still debating whether Climate Change is a real thing), but most everyone I know are actually concerned. They may buy clothes more frequently than I do, but let's be honest, the average person is busy with their life and don't have disposable income thanks to being unemployed and married to a super wealthy guy like in Taylor's case. Climate Change is a serious thing, and many (dare I say most) people are concerned and want to reduce their impact.

Taylor is a person who has decided to put herself in the public's eye and wants to be seen as an inspiration and a role model to others (hence why she wants to write a book about her life and did that lecture to that class). So I absolutely think it's fair for her to be criticized, especially if she's doing something that is empty and wasteful, with having a negative impact on the environment. She likes to pretend to be "woke" about various social issues, and I believe started using reusable metal straws to get on the green-washing bandwagon. If that's the case, I don't see anything wrong with pointing out that her shopping and disposing habit is not environmentally healthy.

Not to mention, the admission that she buys things and then gets bored soon after seems to suggest something about her mental health as others have speculated. She doesn't seem to be happy with it as it's quite empty and superficial. So she's turned to retail therapy to fill that void, only to be disappointed soon after the purchase when it doesn't fix the real problem(s) causing her unhappiness.

Edited by Xinxinsong

Posted (edited)

For anyone who's trying reduce/minimize their consumerism, I really applaud you and we need more people like this. Thankfully the younger generation, like current high schoolers, are waking up and protesting climate change. It's really amazing to see how aware the youth are.  

I know people feel guilty if they can't be perfect 'zero waste', I do too if I can get something in plastic, so some people in the movement are changing to the word to 'low impact'. It's obviously ok to not be perfect, we know not everyone can, but we need more people imperfectly trying :)

I usually buy my clothes on from vintage shops, or ethical shops, or when I travel in India - as general rule I try not to buy anything new if not ethically sourced or from a fast fashion company. If you need tips or inspiration for buying clothes second hand I highly recommend Kristen Leo. If you're looking for low impact or ways to minimize consumerism I recommend Shelbizleee, she's an environmental scientist that has a lot useful and educational information. She also started anti-haul videos where she talks about things she talked herself out of buying (new) bc either she knows it's not needed or because she'll try to either make it or find it used somewhere else.

Kinda my asshole opinion but I think Taylor is the epitome wasteful living/consumerism lmao. When she lived in that big house in Japan, what did she do with all that furniture and decorations she bought? She only lived in that house for like 1.5 years? Did she just throw everything away? Why not just live in a smaller apartment suitable for 2 people? Plus hauls of make up and clothes. And all that junk she bought to decorate her dummy bedroom in the apartment. And didn't she buy a bunch of halloween Lush bombs before and threw each one in the water without using the bath? Like MAYBE she did one for every night... but the way she presented it.. it didn't feel like it lmao. Or all that junk for the videos when she copies youtube trends.

imo Taylor has her head buried in the sand and likes it that way. She has money and is good at using it lmao

Edited by Athena

Posted

Remember this was the girl who apologized for wearing the same outfit in her Japan videos for which is sad. 

Posted

She used to look so pretty when she was in Japan, and her overall style felt cohesive. Now she just looks like a shill for whatever trend's "in" with the Kardashian or whatever at the moment.

Also I know it's been said a million times before but damn I want to cut those rat tails off. Why does she do them? They don't hide her cheek fillers or anything. They just look gross.

Posted (edited)

Taylor is a person who has decided to put herself in the public's eye and wants to be seen as an inspiration and a role model to others (hence why she wants to write a book about her life and did that lecture to that class). So I absolutely think it's fair for her to be criticized, especially if she's doing something that is empty and wasteful, with having a negative impact on the environment. She likes to pretend to be "woke" about various social issues, and I believe started using reusable metal straws to get on the green-washing bandwagon. If that's the case, I don't see anything wrong with pointing out that her shopping and disposing habit is not environmentally healthy.

Honestly influencers like her who have all the disposable income and a platform of so many people who still choose to promote the fast fashion lifestyle are scum to me (not like she isn't already morally questionable) I work in the fashion industry and right now the problem of how much damage we are doing to the environment is no longer a thing to debate about or use as a marketing strategy. It's a prerequisite to even existing because at the rate we are consuming and thoughtlessly discarding as a culture we don't have much longer and there's no planet B for us to go to. People like Taylor who don't have to settle for buying cheaper made clothes out of economical necessity, yet choose to buy it in excess and promote that lifestyle to 1million plus viewers need to be criticised. It's 2019.   They need to wake up and realise that this whole "wear it a day, throw it away" mindset is extremely harmful and no amount of being 'woke' about metal straws or whatever is going to make a dent into her massive carbon footprint.

Taylor isn't buying her basics from zara because she can't afford better, wearing it until it falls apart like someone would out of necessity, Taylor is buying every tacky trendy piece of crap she sees to hit the next viral trend and fill the void in her life because she has literally nothing else going for her and no sense of who she is, only to maybe wear it once and never to breathe in it's direction again, rinse and repeat. I understand that most people don't have the resources to be zero waste or even always buy ethical clothing, and no one is perfect but Taylor has all the time, money and resources in the world yet she chooses to promote this lifestyle to her impressionable fans who then feel inadequate because they can't shop in  the sheer quantities she does. It's downright irresponsible of her. She wants to be seen as this ~mature 30 year old WOMAN who cares about social issues~ yet she shops like a 15 year old girl who first discovered F21 in 2007. Maybe I could be a bit more forgiving if she wasn't claiming to be some sort of woke self made fashion/lifestyle influencer. As seen through the MC debacle she's easy to brush off any blood on her hands as long as she can maintain her lifestyle. She should be ashamed to be living like this but of course she is not.

Edited by catmeowkun

Posted

That's a really cynical to believe that the average person isn't concerned or feel guilty about the waste they produce unless it's about saving money. I don't know if it's where you live (if you're an American I might understand that because they're still debating whether Climate Change is a real thing), but most everyone I know are actually concerned. They may buy clothes more frequently than I do, but let's be honest, the average person is busy with their life and don't have disposable income thanks to being unemployed and married to a super wealthy guy like in Taylor's case. Climate Change is a serious thing, and many (dare I say most) people are concerned and want to reduce their impact.

Not to mention, the admission that she buys things and then gets bored soon after seems to suggest something about her mental health as others have speculated. She doesn't seem to be happy with it as it's quite empty and superficial. So she's turned to retail therapy to fill that void, only to be disappointed soon after the purchase when it doesn't fix the real problem(s) causing her unhappiness.

No I'm not from America and yes I believe climate change is very real. There's nothing cynical about it for there's literally been done recent studies about people's concern with the environment in my country that show those results. I didn't just pull my statements out of thin air.

I don't agree that it's fair to critize her for this time and time again and I especially don't think it's justified to speculate about her mental health when those topics have nothing to do with her channel. She started using metal straws after seeing it mentioned here and even then, doing one eco-friendly thing isn't exactly jumping on the green-washing bandwagon or trying to pretend to be eco friendly. It's just that, using metal straws and nothing more.

Anyway I don't think this is the place for an infinite yes she deserves to be critized-no she doesn't discussion so 🤷 I'll just respect we have different opinons (and I think that's okay)

Posted (edited)

No I'm not from America and yes I believe climate change is very real. There's nothing cynical about it for there's literally been done recent studies about people's concern with the environment in my country that show those results. I didn't just pull my statements out of thin air.

I don't agree that it's fair to critize her for this time and time again and I especially don't think it's justified to speculate about her mental health when those topics have nothing to do with her channel. She started using metal straws after seeing it mentioned here and even then, doing one eco-friendly thing isn't exactly jumping on the green-washing bandwagon or trying to pretend to be eco friendly. It's just that, using metal straws and nothing more.

Anyway I don't think this is the place for an infinite yes she deserves to be critized-no she doesn't discussion so 🤷 I'll just respect we have different opinons (and I think that's okay)

Can you cite your source for your claim that people don't care about the environment unless it's to save money?

I think you're mistaken about what the purpose of PULL is if not to discuss and criticize people identified as Snowflakes, which are called Snowflakes for a reason. This site isn't intended to only discuss the Snowflakes as it relates to their channel or social media, as there would be very little to discuss. It's a gossip site where people discuss (talk about, gossip, criticize, etc) people in social media. often people misrepresenting themselves or doing questionable things, which includes Taylor. People wouldn't be talking about Tom and his business, as it has little to do with her channel (yes, he's appeared in videos, but he and his company are separate from the content of her channel). The only thing people would talk about is her fashion and makeup and her travelling and trying to go viral, etc. There would be almost nothing to discuss. Also, she barely posts videos, so there wouldn't be a discuss save for once every 3 weeks or so when a video comes out. It's not like
 anything I or anyone on this site discuss about Taylor that is unflattering for her is unfounded.

Edited by Xinxinsong

Posted

I feel like this is the outfit of someone who spilled something on their nice shirt or pants/skirt and had to change into whatever was available in the closest shop. :notimp: I’ve defended her oversized look but this... idk. 

I think the problem is that the sweater screams casual/sporty but the skirt is very feminine.  They don't "go" together.

Girl should hire a fashion consultant or personal shopper lol

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20190324-010420.png

Is this for real?

Edited by heckin_bork
Forgot my caption cuz I'm tired AF