• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Taylor R - Social Media Updates

4434 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Of course she has an eating disorder! She looks far slimmer than I could ever been (she even looks like she could be underweight as it is), but somehow thinks she needs to lose more weight? It's just what happens when you're in the sorts of industries she's in for over a decade starting when you were young. Your looks become the only important thing about you because that's all you've been cultivating and using for years to stay marginally relevant in modelling, social media, acting, etc. Instead of picking up hobbies or other ways to improve oneself that are less superficial, instead of getting an education (and keeping up learning even after one's down school) and getting a job that can give you continuous purpose throughout one's life, she chose something that was incredibly superficial, competitive and short-term. As she ages, she's going to have a harder time dealing with how her body changes - getting older results in more wrinkles and sagging body parts, less energy and a harder struggle to stay in shape. Not to mention what happens to your body when one gets pregnant. And Asia is quite superficial - plastic surgery is quite normalized. She probably even has some worries about Tom in the future as she ages - what happens to her if he loses interest or meets someone else? So, I can't be surprised she would have body dysmorphia or an eating disorder.

Instead of focusing on dieting and exercise, I wish she would find new ways to cultivate her person. Go to school, pick up various skills or trades, find another career perhaps? My mother didn't marry rich, but she has the same sort of body dysmorphia. She's in her 60s and can't accept that she doesn't look like the 20-year-olds on TV. It's not very healthy... And has caused problem for us, her children and how we were raised to see our bodies and looks. We should all find (healthy) ways to take pride in and love ourselves. Our looks are not the only thing about us.

Edited by Xinxinsong

Posted

I wouldn’t say she has an eating disorder but maybe disordered eating. Most people have some forms of disordered eating, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they HAVE a disorder. Her job centered around her looks, her fiancé works in fashion, and honestly, most young women grow up with overly critical views of themselves. The media culture we are living in highly promotes very idealised and objectificed bodies of women. It’s not surprising at all. The more I consume a variety of media, the worse my disorder becomes. The less I consume it, I’m able to function a little better. My ED is not solely centered around media influences shoving 18-22 year old shopped and plastic bodies in movies/music/tv/social media, but it does negatively impact me and my mental well being. Unfortunately, it’s hard to escape. 

Taylor doesn’t scream ED to me, but I can believe she has disordered eating. I can imagine it’s hard to be an influencer who wants to be relatable by eating indulgent insta worthy food, and balance healthy clean eating into that while also remaining “picture perfect”

Posted

I'm surprised she feels like she has anything to lose in the first place

Posted

I know she's very insecure, but I think this time it may not be about her - if you look at his old pictures, he used to be much slimmer, his face is bit round now - maybe he simply wants to look 'better' on his wedding day and looks for advice from her? They seem to work out together more often. 

At the end since she's staying at home most of the time she can plan him healthy meals instead of take-aways all the time.

I may be wrong, but I think this time it's more about him getting in shape than her losing the weight :alpacaconfused:

Posted

She's just uploaded a photo of herself when she was a child, looking very slim. I thought she said she was an overweight kid?

Screenshot_20181106-104326.png

Posted (edited)

Might be the pose

I don't think she completed the nutrition program, did she? Was it even a degree or more of a certification course? 

I always thought it was a major but don't quote me on it, she didn't finish it tho no

Of course she has an eating disorder! 

Are you her doctor? :alpacaconfused: Have you studied to recognize all symptoms and make a diagnosis?

It's fine to speculate but let's not make your theory out to be a fact. At the end of the day what we see are only small glimpses into her world and I'm sure none of us are medically certified.

Edited by Couture
typo

Posted

I know this is a free speak forum but man it's so dangerous to just say someone has an ED based on a couple outside views. Please put it as just an opinion.

Posted

She's just uploaded a photo of herself when she was a child, looking very slim. I thought she said she was an overweight kid?

Screenshot_20181106-104326.png

Doesn't look very slim to me. :alpacaworry:

Posted

I wish Taylor would hire a personal trainer, start lifting and make a series out of it. Like a "get fit with me" thing. 

Also, she really does look underweight to me. She stated herself she wanted to gain some muscle. Why not do it properly? She could build muscle and lower her body fat percentage (which doesn't mean I think she should lose weight, not at all).

She already is so pretty, but if she feels she needs to improve, I hope she goes the fitness route.

Posted

doesn't look very overweight either...looks pretty average for a kid her age...tbh i was way chubbier than that as a kid, never thought it was something abnormal, like, i thought it was "baby fat" idk.

Her mom is very slim too though, so her mom could have influenced her when she was younger into thinking she was fat... I know parents who have called their kids fat and made them loose weight who weren't fat at all. ):

Posted

Her mum isn't slim... Nobody in her family is as thin as Taylor is, it's obvious it's not 100% genes imo.

Posted

Are you her doctor? :alpacaconfused: Have you studied to recognize all symptoms and make a diagnosis?

It's fine to speculate but let's not make your theory out to be a fact. At the end of the day what we see are only small glimpses into her world and I'm sure none of us are medically certified.

You're right in that because we only see snippets of her life, so if she does have an Eating Disorder or if her relationship with Tom is strong and genuine, we'll never know. As 800yen said, I now agree she definitely has disordered eating instead (as far as we can see). But she definitely has body dysmoprhia if she can look at her incredibly skinny body now (or as a child) and think she still needs to lose weight/ get rid of fat. Whatever it may be, she doesn't have a healthy self-image of her body.

Posted (edited)

I think her wanting to lose more weight even though she is super skinny is definitely a sign of an eating disorder and/or body dysphoria. I am also super skinny like her but unlike her I understand that I am underweight and tbh I don't really like it, I am insecure and wish I could weigh a "normal", healthy weight. If she was skinny naturally she would at least realize that there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to lose more weight. 

Edited by EggsAndHam

Posted (edited)

Doesn't look very slim to me. :alpacaworry:

To me she look really skinny here

Edited by La_Zelda