Toxic Vision Complaints

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This page is designed to be a place where people who have purchased Toxic Vision to get together and share their negative experiences. Please post appropriate content relating to the topic. This is in no way a "hate page" so please don't come on here trying to White Knight Sharon. That is not the purpose of this page.. I would like everyone to shed light on her faulty business practices, her customer service, and the true quality of her clothing.

For those who aren't familiar, Toxic Vision is an independent clothing label created by Sharon Ehman. Her business was established in 2004 where she began creating metalized clothing for females. She has worked very closely with bands such as Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Watain, Tyr, etc. Many people have had issues in the past with her customer service as well as the overall quality of her items. I often see people commenting on her Facebook asking where their items are, if Sharon could respond to their email, If Sharon received their email, and if she has shipped their item. I have noticed that Sharon deletes these comments off of her profile, and it is not known if anyone has received a response from her. I have also seen people write on her Tumblr profile asking where their items are. I myself have had issues with Sharon and her customer service as well. I almost did not receive $2000 worth of her clothing.. I have spoken to others about this and they have said the same thing. I have been buying from Sharon for many years, so I am also very much familiar with the quality of her clothing. I have had instances where I would wear a pair of pants for a day and the seams would already be coming apart. I am extremely gentle with all of my handmade goods, so for the pants to just come apart just didn't make any sense to me. Its not like I was doing any strenuous activities or anything crazy either.. I wear her pants to go food shopping for god sakes. I have also noticed incomplete seams and seams that were crooked. When I would email about the quality of the pants, I would never get a response back.. I have been finding with my recent purchases, they do not look anything like the picture. The colors of the garment would not match the description of the listing on her website, or the fabric I received would not match the description, which ultimately resulted in me losing money.. I created this page to bring awareness to these issues, and for people to really be cautious when purchasing from her. I do not believe that it is fair for someone to spend that much money on her clothing only for it to be poor quality, or for it to never arrive..

One more time, this is not a hate page

Edited by beelzebub666
Needed a better description..

Posted

Hey there, I think a more detailed summary of what is Toxic Vision and why this is something to discuss might be very useful. Without a detailed description it's hard for readers to label something as snowflakey behavior.

In general I think it's not a good idea to focus only on complaints or negative reviews. A good conclusion should never be based on only side of a topic. That's why I would suggest a more neutral title. 

Posted

To be honest I was really surprised to see this topic. I've always heard nothing but good things about Sharon, and how her business has brought her closer to the international metal scene.

Her items are really beautiful in photos but sadly they are too expensive.

Like what coffeejunkie said, it would be good if you could provide a detailed summary on her poor customer service. I wish I could provide information but I have only "good" information about her.

Posted

On it right now. Thank you for your input

Posted

Her costumer services simply not exist. Means when you wrote to her email contact thst you find on her webshop. You never get an answer back. Same with contact her on all her social media.  We are talking here about getting order information. Offten her items arive damaged.. big holes.. loose seams. Poorly stitches or lose studds/buttons.. colors are different as discripted or even the matetial is not like the discription says.. no one want a damaged item for this High prices.. and it's absolutely unprofessional when you try to contact sharon and she simple ignore you.. in the end you have lost your money and have an item you can't wear.. course it's damaged as fu**...

Posted (edited)

In an odd way I'm glad I'm not the only Toxic Vision customer that has had issues. I started to get very curious about Sharon's buisness practice when I didn't recieve an item I bought from her. It took her over two weeks to respond to my two short & straight to the point polite emails which I sent in two weeks. I was furious it took her so long to respond, yet relieved. Nonetheless, I never recieved my item. I emailed her again a few weeks later asking if my package had been shipped back to her. To this day she has not responded. My bank got my money back for me. I was so enraged I paid a large amount of money for something & never recieved. After that I was extremely skeptical about ordering from her again. And I didn't for a while. I think her designs are incredible looking, so I gave Toxic Vision another chance. I've recieved everything I've ordered since, thankfully. Although I'm always on edge, wondering if I'll actually get my stuff. I've had major issues with her shipping my things out much much later than her webstore states. She's suppose to ship within 7 days of cleared payment. I'm a Canadian customers that does not live far from Toronto, which is where she ships from. So why did it take over 6 weeks for me to recieve my stuff? If there's going to be a delay in shipping, she should be notifying her customers! Or at least responding to her customers emails. Her customer service is practically non existent, & extremely unprofessional. Very irresponsible of her as a business owner who sells her designs for obscene prices! Also being a Canadian customers, why am I being charged tax on her stuff? Not everyone pays tax purchasing from her. I've spoken with many Toxic Vision customers, & I've gotten plenty of truth. Also, why am I not being given my tracking number which is automatically included for packages shipped within Canada? At one point I didn't know it was included, & I emailed Sharon saying I want to purchase tracking, a few times, & I never got a response from her. The quality of her clothing isn't the greatest. I wear a pair of pants once & the stitching starts coming loose. The thread looks cheap. I'm a tiny woman, so what the heck! The jackets I have, & I have 13, are pretty well made, minus some loose stitching I noticed before wearing. I think she's an incredible designer, & an extremely terrible buisness woman. She has responded to a few of my emails, which was honestly shocking. I'm sure she gets a lot of emails, but it's not an excuse to not respond to paying customers. We spend a LOT of money on supporting her! It's infuriating! 

Edited by L-Valentine

Posted

This thread has been moved to Beauty and Fashion since it is targeted to a clothing brand rather than an individual. 

Posted (edited)

Also, I started investigating lol, when I didn't recieve my item. I noticed people commenting on her pictures, asking her to please respond. People saying they never recieved their stuff. And I did notice as well that some of her customers "complaints" get deleted. I spoke with one of her customers whom said she did not recieve her stuff on three separate occasions, & had PayPal return her money each time. I'm very curious as to why I'm being charged tax when buying from her webstore. I spoke with TV customers from other countries & they said they do not pay tax when buying from her. One of the people said a friend of hers also pays tax on her stuff, somewhere in Europe. And I'm being ripped off for shipping funds. It costs about $15CND to send a pretty large package to me from Toronto. So why did I pay about $100CND if not more (although sometimes I purchase multiple items seperately on her collection release days, but they're all shipped in the same package)? I love Sharon's designs, so it's really conflicting purchasing from her. She has the potential to be a good buisness woman I'm sure.... So fingers & toes are crossed that changes the way she does things. 

Edited by L-Valentine

Posted

I myself have never had to pay tax on any TV item I have purchased. And I live in the States. I am lead to believe she only taxes certain countries to squeeze more money out of her customers, which is insanely wrong..

Posted

I admire her work and how she started from nothing to be able to live from her art. Unfortunately, I am surprised she's not out of business yet because of her lack of customer service and the lack of quality of her clothes. The first time I ordered from her I bought two items and I only received one. I tried to contact her by email and by her clothing facebook page but no answer. I had to go to her personal facebook page, and leave a comment on one of her pictures because she wouldn't reply to her private messages! She deleted my comment quite fast, and replied to me by message saying she still had my item and that she didn't shipped it yet ( for some odd reason). She reassured  me that she would ship it immediately. To this day, 4 years later, I never received that item or any other messages from her. Oh, and the quality is terrible. The shirt was badly sewn and wasn't worth the price. You can get better quality at Walmart. It's a shame she sells her clothing that expensive, it's a ripoff. Her clothing might look good on pictures, with right lighting and some photoshop, but it's a different story when you have it your hands. That was my personal experience and I do not recommend anyone buying from her. You might never receive your item or you might receive it with holes and defects! Who knows! 

It's sad to say but I highly doubt she will change her customer service habits. She has been doing that for longer that 10 years and from what I know, it was always bad ( she has bad reviews on ebay from the time she was selling from there). She has good ideas and she is creative, but she can't deal with people at all or with any issues concerning her business.

Posted (edited)

Decided to update this thread and post what I've found while doing my own investigation.

I don't want people to think I am doing this because I am a "jealous haturrrr hurdurr". No. That's not what the point of this is. The point is to make people aware of her shady business practices by bringing to light evidence of her past scamming. She has blatantly ignored people, never sent out packages (claiming they got "lost" in the mail), sells things for high prices while the quality just isn't there, and doesn't give a fuck about anything besides making the next dollar.

Sources:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=toxic_vision&ref=neg30

https://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/clothing-retail/toxic-vision-in-toronto-on-1288505/reviews-and-complaints/?review=true

http://www.reviewstalk.com/complaints-reviews/toxic-vision-l41980.html

https://tshirtslayer.com/forum/topic/toxic-vision

If you are someone, or knows someone who has had any sort of negative experience please contribute!

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

Edited by beelzebub666

Posted (edited)

Her business practices make me really angry. I first started investigating after not receiving an item I ordered and getting no response back from here about what was going on. On the surface, her business is spotless. The pictures she takes are incredible and the clothes look amazing. Both facebook and instagram comments are exclusively positive, and it started making me suspicious. I posted a comment on instagram myself after ordering for the second time, which I still regret I did but the shirt I wanted just looked to good not to give it a second try, and not receiving anything for a couple of months. I messaged her again and again and it took another moth for her to finally respond to one of my increasingly angrier emails. She said that my order somehow got lost and that she would ship the shirt out immediately. Fast forward another 8 months and I finally received the damn shirt. I was appalled and tbh also surprised that it even reached me at all. As for the shirt, it merely resembled the one I had seen in the picture. Length, color and print were all off and the quality was poor to mediocre at the very best. The seams weren't properly done and her work just made a very sloppy impression. I am very bad with textile work but even the work I did on some things back when we learned how to in secondary school looked better than what I saw on that shirt. Anyway, my comment on instagram complaining about her bad or almost non-existent customer service and everything else I just mentioned got erased almost immediately after posting, which just confirmed to me that probably dozens of people complain about her stuff on social media every day because that's the only thing that seems to evoke some sort of reaction from her even if that reaction is deleting the comment. I'm glad this thread exists now and hope that more people will become aware of her unprofessionalism and how she is constantly trying to rip people off and getting away with it because she erases any trace of fault on her part. 

Edited by ironmaiden

Posted

I have to agree with all complaints regarding Sharon and Toxic Vision. In photos her work looks great but in person it's really cheap and nowhere close to being worth the $ that she is selling it for.

I recently too, started looking into her reviews/complaints, came across this thread, and just wanted to confirm what everyone has stated so far. Few weeks ago I have ordered a few things from her easy wear collection, after 3 weeks of not receiving anything I messaged her via her website, multiple times requesting tracking number; NOTHING. Reached out via facebook asking for tracking; NOTHING. Reached out via Instagram asking for tracking; NOTHING. Waited several days then, I was going to file a dispute with my bank, when a package came in. Oh boy. Where do I even start? Items were poorly packaged not to mention she charged me about $30 for shipping yet the postage label on the package said it only cost $8. Why?! Why charge so much for shipping of such small/thin items? And yes, you read that correctly, THIN items. I cannot believe I spent $ on this. Quality is absolute garbage. Looked like someone took scissors to the thinnest material on this planet and then stitched it blindly and never even finished the job because the seams were already coming apart when I held it up. Being already disappointed bc of the $$ I spent on this crap, the shirt I got looked completely different from what she advertised on her website! Looked and felt so CHEAP.

I agree with you, ironmaiden, there must be dozens of people like us out there that went through a similar ordeal. It is very disappointing because I admired her clothing line.

I hope this thread helps out others as well

Posted (edited)

@IronDemon

sucks that you had such a bad experience as well. was actually thinking about ordering from the recent easywear collection because everything,once again,  just looked sooo fabulous in the pictures but I keep reminding myself that the ordeal I went through the last two times is just not worth a piece that will not even remotely live up to the expectations brought on by the pictures. Hell, my shirt was supposed to be a top and arrived as a t-shirt...

I think she only cares about customer service and quality clothing when she's working for bands or other celebrities like with the leather jacket she made for Kat von D recently. I have no doubts that that piece really was as good as advertised.

And yes, the pricing of especially international shipping is fucking ridiculous and then she doesn't even include a tracking number, saying if you want one you have to message her for a higher quote. yeah, good luck with that!

Edited by ironmaiden

Posted (edited)

She deleted one customers comment asking a SECOND time to please respond about their shirt problem. And also this other person is FURIOUS about not receiving purchased items yet. See how long it takes her to delete this angry customers comments. 

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

Edited by L-Valentine