• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So I have really curly hair like curly 3a or 3b kind of curly. It used to be so long but in middle school I straightened it ALL the time, causing a lot of damage, and now it barely touches my shoulders naturally. I cut it after 3rd grade and kept it at medium length but I miss my dark bouncy curls! Now that I've learned to embrace my curly hair, I wish it was longer.

I don't really care if you recommend professionally products, but do you know any DIY's that I can try out. I would like to try out DIY's (that actually work) before going straight to actual products. Any tips?

Posted

Try pure coconut oil. I use coconut oil and massage my hair the night before i wash my hair and it seems to work.

Posted

I have 2A (wavy) hair despite being Chinese. I used to despise my hair a lot. My hair has been really damaged because I used to striaghten it a lot, but I have tried to embrace it and use products that are tailored to wavy/curly hair. I use John Freida Dream Curls styling spray on damp hair after my shower and scrunch it to get desired waves and I have been enjoying my hair for once. I have only used a straightener once a month, as opposed to using it twice a week in the past. I have also stopped washing my hair as often so the natural oils in my hair have aided it in growth. I have noticed that my hair went from a little above my chest to past it in about 3 months. 

Posted

Thank you guys so much! I have tried using coconut oil but I was never constant with it, so I think I'm might go back to trying it.

Posted

not washing it as much is good like dimsumgirl said but only use the oil on your scalp before shampoo i recomend hot oil treatment you can add some avocado/olive oil in there and wash hair with cold water .... i do both oils once a month for about two hours accompanied by an egg or two only when the oils are cooled and i only use the yolk part because of the biotin in it my hair reaches almost past my butt cheeks when straitened which i rarely do now ...I eat an egg daily and some hair skin nail vitamins from spring valley very affoardable... i dont recommend layering your hair i did that mistake and no coloring hair either we all should learn to love what we were born with from the beginning have a nice hair journey. 

ps. the coconut oil avocado/olive oil egg mix does seem to tame frizz and a good dose of conditioner  all with cold water you dont wanna cook eggs in your hair and scalp massages help too with a lil avocado oil in case your scalp gets dry, and patience a lot of patience...

i wanna try reverse shampoo which is you do conditioner first then shampoo and your hair stays supposedly softer

Posted (edited)

i had a significant stagnation in hair growth until i was diagnosed with anemia, i got iron pills that made my hair grow almost 10 cm in two months, I kid you not. Some people also do well on biotin or other supplements. Not sure about external treatments.

Edited by tachibana

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by mislaid

Posted

i had a significant stagnation in hair growth until i was diagnosed with anemia, i got iron pills that made my hair grow almost 10 cm in two months, I kid you not. Some people also do well on biotin or other supplements. Not sure about external treatments.

wait iron pills can grow hair fast? i mean not really fast. i have anemia myself but i don't take pills that often cos i always forgot and become lazy to do so. i have curly hair and i have a struggle to grow it out for years.

Posted

imma drop my two cents in. 

ONIONS. I blend onions and put the juice on my head. Sure, I'll be stinky for a day, but onions have sulfur. That's insanely good for hair. When I was 4, I put Veet on my hair and lost 50-70% of what I had. It never grew back. I tried onions for a couple of months now, and it's growing back steadily. It's also becoming thicker and the damage I had done to my hair is almost gone. Also, I'm stocking up on biotin pills and coconut oil on my hair.

You can try amla (gooseberry) oil. It's from India, but it works pretty well. Navaratna hibiscus oil cools you down and makes it shine so it's a double deal. Castor oil makes hair thicker as well. 

And yes, iron pills make your hair grow faster. It stimulates blood flow towards the cells that trigger hair growth and more oxygen equals better body functions, which also inncludes hair growth. Anemia causes hair loss.

this was long, sorry