• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jenn Im | imjennim | clothesencounters

784 posts in this topic

Posted

She looks more curvier than usual here? If I remember correctly she used to have straighter hips in line w her waist? now it seems like she has a smaller waist/wider hips......just an observation

5EF0F782-4BCD-443D-9B15-13DCCB677796.png

86980185-EE62-46BF-A43E-9EB31C5EE266.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I used to adore the 2010-2012 her. She came off as a lot more mature and calm and she was a lot less presumptuous in her "vlogs." I don't know if it was because she rehearsed a script before hand and she's just happier (though less intelligent-sounding) now or what but honestly, I prefer her when she was scripted.

Little things about her like that piss me off now.

Remember when she used to say "Hi, my name is Jenn," at the start of every video? Now she acts like we're supposed to know her tastes and preferences, "you guys know me, I love me a vodka, lime, and soda." And she should really go back to having black hair and bangs, this new look isn't working for her. I also have no idea why she started wearing falsies the size of the syndey opera house and no eyeliner??? I hate her new style too. No fashion sense at all. She also doesn't know fashion because she dubbed one of her wigs "Anna Wintour's classic bob," when her wig was more girly, delicate, wavy, and of a Korean style with clips than Anna's simplistic straight bob made for a CEO woman. Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but who thinks she actually looks good. She doesn't even know what she's talking about and yet she's supposed to be "influencing" people.

And just the way she and Sophia Chang shriek when they see each other or make appraisal noises, it's so annoying!!! I think Christine Sydelko put it best, are you reacting to dinnerware or the second coming of Jesus Christ?! It's that that ticks me off the most. Why is she yelling all the time as a reaction? She can't dance, she can't pose for pictures (what is that open-mouthed stare???), and now she can't contain herself.

I don't care if you smoke cigarettes or weed or whatever. Just please. Make videos where you actually sound intelligent for once. Not ones that grate on people's nerves!

this lolll

i used to LOVE her style, she could rock jeans with 10 holes cut up in them. if you saw her story next to chaileeson, Jenn looks like the girl in a clique no one pays attention to right now. sooo different from how she used to be, she was actually eye-capturing and charismatic before. 

Edited by whateverrr

Posted

She looks more curvier than usual here? If I remember correctly she used to have straighter hips in line w her waist? now it seems like she has a smaller waist/wider hips......just an observation

shes crossing her legs, which makes hips wider looking. She still has no waist.

Posted

I used to adore the 2010-2012 her. She came off as a lot more mature and calm and she was a lot less presumptuous in her "vlogs." I don't know if it was because she rehearsed a script before hand and she's just happier (though less intelligent-sounding) now or what but honestly, I prefer her when she was scripted.

Little things about her like that piss me off now.

Remember when she used to say "Hi, my name is Jenn," at the start of every video? Now she acts like we're supposed to know her tastes and preferences, "you guys know me, I love me a vodka, lime, and soda." And she should really go back to having black hair and bangs, this new look isn't working for her. I also have no idea why she started wearing falsies the size of the syndey opera house and no eyeliner??? I hate her new style too. No fashion sense at all. She also doesn't know fashion because she dubbed one of her wigs "Anna Wintour's classic bob," when her wig was more girly, delicate, wavy, and of a Korean style with clips than Anna's simplistic straight bob made for a CEO woman. Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but who thinks she actually looks good. She doesn't even know what she's talking about and yet she's supposed to be "influencing" people.

And just the way she and Sophia Chang shriek when they see each other or make appraisal noises, it's so annoying!!! I think Christine Sydelko put it best, are you reacting to dinnerware or the second coming of Jesus Christ?! It's that that ticks me off the most. Why is she yelling all the time as a reaction? She can't dance, she can't pose for pictures (what is that open-mouthed stare???), and now she can't contain herself.

I don't care if you smoke cigarettes or weed or whatever. Just please. Make videos where you actually sound intelligent for once. Not ones that grate on people's nerves!

lol the intro thing is so true. Now she always says something like "Hey, it's Yo GuRL JenN" 

Posted

Wouldn't be surprised if she photoshopped this. 

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't be surprised if she photoshopped this. 

tried to find a comparison (where she also crossed her legs*). her waist in her recent pic is a lot more “snatched” than her earlier posts though it may not be obvious to some but the difference is there...wouldn’t be surprised if she photoshopped her waist&hips..

6414594D-7270-4B52-8E5F-8D35E1ABCFDC.jpeg

E3235760-057D-4662-BF8D-F8469CA28FD2.jpeg

Edited by RiceIsLife
for the part in parentheses

Posted

tried to find a comparison (where she also crossed her legs*). her waist in her recent pic is a lot more “snatched” than her earlier posts though it may not be obvious to some but the difference is there...wouldn’t be surprised if she photoshopped her waist&hips..

lol I just noticed the gap between her legs in the second pic. I think it’s a subtle brag 

Posted

I think the waist/hips thing is a slight perspective trick. She's leaning back in the more recent photos where her hip to waist ratio is more noticeably different and the comparison shot is more straight on

Posted

Just saw her Instagram story when she's wearing the brown crop tube top... She still doesn't have a waist. It's so weird how I've never noticed that in her older videos but recently her style accentuates her lack of waist so much. 

Posted

I think the waist/hips thing is a slight perspective trick. She's leaning back in the more recent photos where her hip to waist ratio is more noticeably different and the comparison shot is more straight on

I agree the perspective is different but the change is too big of a jump to do THAT much. I don’t think perspective gets all the credit *cough* *photoshop*

Posted

long time lurker and first time poster on this thread. i admittedly watched a lot of her videos in 2017-- i remember a particular weekend where i just binge-watched her travel vlogs to japan and korea while doing homework. like a lot of people here, i really enjoyed her older content. i don't really watch youtubers or "influencers" because i expect them to be people of substance or to have some profound insight about the world; i watched jenn's videos because i thought that she had good style at the time. with that said, almost two years later, i really can't stand her now. i try to watch some of her vlogs or favorites videos (i don't really bother with her makeup tips, as there are more asian beauty gurus/makeup artists in 2019 than there were two years ago) hoping that i'll see a return to her older style of video-making: more heartfelt, charismatic, and relatable content that makes me feel like i'm talking to my older sister or an old friend. i also think that her popularity has stagnated since her continual disappointing clothing launches-- she reached 2 million subs in 2017 and has 2.4 in 2019. compare that to someone like bestdressed (who has her own problems), whose channel has grown exponentially in a fraction of that time. 

Posted

why does she always place her hair clips SO LOW like right by her ear???? she’s always doing that w her wigs too.. I’m confused why she thinks that’s the best placement..

CCEAC047-EAE3-4340-82DB-17255AECFE24.jpeg

Posted

maybe shes clipping her sideburns out of the way? dont know about the wigs though. thaya the only thing i can think of other than her thinking that it looks good.

Posted

Because she only cares what it looks like on Instagram and her YouTube vids and not about practicality. I guess she wants to look younger?? 

Posted

did anyone watch her video about the things that happened in august (her house having water damage, going to europe, breaking a tooth, etc)?

i actually felt sorry for her, and seeing ben's reaction to her cracking her tooth was sad too

but idk if the first reaction i'd have would be to vlog it... even if that was my job or if i thought that a lesson could be learned from this later on... that part seemed so odd to me. if i was in such a panic-inducing situation (in a foreign country no less) i wouldn't be like "WHERE'S MY CAMERA"