• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jenn Im | imjennim | clothesencounters

784 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

the brows she drew on with her mom's advice were a sight for sore eyes after all the videos with thick ass chicken strips.

speaking of her mom, i know jenn's trying to converse more in korean with her parents and all (and kudos to her), but idk i just want to mad nitpick about how it sounds cringey lol. 

I don't think she's even trying. She can't even say "these are my eyebrows" in Korean. She's only speaking in Korean because her Kboo followers thinks it's cute. 

I really liked the concept she went for the Eggie festival lookbook. But that's the only thing I liked about it. 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

I'm still wondering if she really needs to throw a party every single launch. Like, her customers don't get any benefits from it lol. 

Posted

I'm still wondering if she really needs to throw a party every single launch. Like, her customers don't get any benefits from it lol. 

that's how I feel about every brand that takes influencers on luxurious trips all the time for every launch. it's like... watching undeserving influencers take a free trip to exotic locations does not make me want to buy your product any more than it did before.............. in the end, they just whine about how much "hard work" traveling and editing these videos for us are lol.

Posted (edited)

I just checked out her new collection and... it hasn't changed much. The clothes are still ill-fitted for body types different from hers, and there's a ton of crop tops and puffy sleeves still. When I was watching the lookbook, those clothes did NOT look good on Stephanie's body. I had a lot of hope for this drop, because I found her "truth about eggie" video to be sincere and thought that she would be making really big changes... but I was wrong.

I'm glad Jenn's made the step towards making the clothes 100% sustainable, though it'd be nice if she spoke more about that because without proof, I don't know if I can believe her.

And her first accessory is this super basic clear backpack that I can buy for $7 at Claire's or through wholesale.

Screen_Shot_2019-03-15_at_4.10.38_PM.thu

Edited by flaxseed

Posted

but GUYS she worked SO HARD for this collection! she deserved LUXURIOUS trips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Posted

Jenn really needs to re-think her target audience because her clothes are expensive for teens and young adults. Her new Eggie line looks like anything you can get at Forever21 but at least Forever21 still offers everyday casual/work wear and it's affordable to those audiences. I get it that she wants make 100% sustainable clothes which can be pricey, but at that price point it will not sell if your clothes is targeted at teens/young adults. Yes, I see she has some pants and blazers on her website but they look like it's for people who works in the fashion/creative industry, or if you're going to a fashion show or something. I work full-time in a somewhat conservative office environment and I would never want to wear her clothes out in public because for my age, it would feel too much like a costume or I'm trying hard to fit in with the younger generation. Maybe if I go to a party or something during summer - maybe. But none of her clothes are versatile for multiple occasions. She seems to be stuck in that "I'm still cool and young" phase. I stopped watching her videos a long time ago and occasionally go check out her channel and I'm sometimes surprised that she's a year older than me. 

Posted

I'm new to sustainable clothes, but im sure hers are way overpriced??? did you guys see that cheap plain looking cropped tank top selling at $42 just because it's sustainable? is it really worth that much?

Posted

I'm new to sustainable clothes, but im sure hers are way overpriced??? did you guys see that cheap plain looking cropped tank top selling at $42 just because it's sustainable? is it really worth that much?

someone in GG mentioned that it's not even fully sustainable

sneaky little bitch!!

94815ec5e26c636a9589d1fdbab0222f.png

Posted

just watched her new vid "becoming a boss", i actually really liked her speech

Posted

just watched her new vid "becoming a boss", i actually really liked her speech

Same, I actually like her speech too!

Just wish she didn't use the word 'damn' so much for this talk but that's just me being nitpicky. Also, not a huge fan of the outfit she chose to wear onstage. I felt like she could have gone for a chic office look - but I guess it's understandable since she's a fashion guru, but still...:alpacaworry:

Posted

They said eggie grossed 1 million or 5 million dollars ( I can’t remember ). I wonder how of it she receives 

Posted

They said eggie grossed 1 million or 5 million dollars ( I can’t remember ). I wonder how of it she receives 

let's be real, she probably paid her friends more in that eggie promo video than she does the factory workers in China. 

Posted (edited)

haven't finished watching yet, but thought this would be interesting for people who have an opinion (good and bad) about their relationship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BhLIOHjiI8

Edited by yams
oops

Posted

haven't finished watching yet, but thought this would be interesting for people who have an opinion (good and bad) about their relationship

the video was boring tbh... couldn't even finish watching the entire thing 

Posted

Once again her insecurities shines in this video. Makes me wonder what Ben means to Jenn when she said she'll miss his optimistic, positive mindset if he's gone. She didn't even list anything else whereas Ben said he'll miss Jenn's smile, holding her and basically her just being there with him. It feels like she's just using him to distract her from her pessimistic, negative mindset. 

And they had a fight because of how Ben uses paper towels... 

I really wonder what kind of person Jenn is in real life.