• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Jenn Im | imjennim | clothesencounters

728 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like her career/brand is becoming stagnant and she's falling more and more behind other fashion influencers. There was a point in time where I thought she might get to the level of Aimee Song and Chriselle Lim, but their actually improving and making moves.They go to fashion weeks all around the world. Has Jenn ever been invited to a fashion week? Aimee is going to be on the expert panel for the LVMH Prize, Chriselle is starting her second collection, what's Jenn doing? Oh yes, complaining and ranting about how hard it is to make videos. Girl, something needs to change (whether it's location or a change in attitude) something has to change or she's going to get left behind even more. 

She's not in the same league as Aimee/Chriselle (don't get me wrong, i don't care for neither of them, especially Chriselle who is known for her diva personality), and never will be. She's into fashion but she's your Forever 21, ASOS, Free People and occasionally a pair of designer shoes type of girl, while that is totally ok because if that's your style then that's your style. But the high fashion world unfortunately will never truly embrace someone who doesn't frequent high-end labels, it sounds totally stupid I know, but that's how it works. I mean Aimee will never be where she is now if all she wore were Topshop and the occasional Isabel Marant skirt.

--

What bugs me about her is I don't feel she's genuine. 

Posted

She's not in the same league as Aimee/Chriselle (don't get me wrong, i don't care for neither of them, especially Chriselle who is known for her diva personality), and never will be. She's into fashion but she's your Forever 21, ASOS, Free People and occasionally a pair of designer shoes type of girl, while that is totally ok because if that's your style then that's your style. But the high fashion world unfortunately will never truly embrace someone who doesn't frequent high-end labels, it sounds totally stupid I know, but that's how it works. I mean Aimee will never be where she is now if all she wore were Topshop and the occasional Isabel Marant skirt.

--

What bugs me about her is I don't feel she's genuine. 

It’s funny that you post this. I said something to this effect some time ago. I was looking on her Insta and I was coming here to point out that it seems that she’s changing her style a bit and tagging more higher end brands a lot lately. If she does keep it up, then a professional ‘tip of the hat’ to her choosing which world she’s going to immerse into. Her original viewers are growing up and presumably getting actual careers where they want to not buy cheap crap like Forever 21. However, I do agree with you on her not being genuine. 

Posted

Omg why does she keep making herself look like a gorilla?? Her eyebrows look like sharpie eyebrows. She looks so much better without makeup!

Posted

Jenn brought a few of her friends to Palm Springs for a "girls getaway", although Ben went as a free videographer most likely, and to have massages for Eggie's festival launch and I'm just confused. How will this trip benefit Eggie or its consumers? It just seems like an excuse to go to fancy villas and pamper themselves. Maybe they shot some advertorial content for Eggie there, but all those unnecessary massages and expensive looking meals? It's all so weird that she's enjoying even more now with Eggie when she should be hustling to grow her business. She could've put the money to better use like hiring a better designer or expanding her team. I hope her sales goes down because the high price is obviously not due to the high quality of her clothing, her buyers are just funding her massages and fanciful meals.

Posted

Jenn brought a few of her friends to Palm Springs for a "girls getaway", although Ben went as a free videographer most likely, and to have massages for Eggie's festival launch and I'm just confused. How will this trip benefit Eggie or its consumers? It just seems like an excuse to go to fancy villas and pamper themselves. Maybe they shot some advertorial content for Eggie there, but all those unnecessary massages and expensive looking meals? It's all so weird that she's enjoying even more now with Eggie when she should be hustling to grow her business. She could've put the money to better use like hiring a better designer or expanding her team. I hope her sales goes down because the high price is obviously not due to the high quality of her clothing, her buyers are just funding her massages and fanciful meals.

i guess she's doing all these is just for the sake of it u get what i mean? she's just using her brand name to invite EVERY of her friends to come and tag her brand. like u've said, massages and expensive meals are so freaking out of the topic. fancy villas MIGHT be acceptable cuz sometimes it's nice to have a nicer background for a few photos. but still.......

and honestly, spending so much time and money on something that's not beneficial to us people that would wanna buy, it's just bullshit. worse is that her clothing, either can't be worn or it's way over the budget. reasons why i don't support influencer's clothing line. what a waste tbh.

Posted

i guess she's doing all these is just for the sake of it u get what i mean? she's just using her brand name to invite EVERY of her friends to come and tag her brand. like u've said, massages and expensive meals are so freaking out of the topic. fancy villas MIGHT be acceptable cuz sometimes it's nice to have a nicer background for a few photos. but still.......

and honestly, spending so much time and money on something that's not beneficial to us people that would wanna buy, it's just bullshit. worse is that her clothing, either can't be worn or it's way over the budget. reasons why i don't support influencer's clothing line. what a waste tbh.

From her Instagram stories, I think they shot some advertorial videos and photos there but, this is Eggie. This isn't Revolve. Just seems so stupid that she held all those expensive launch parties and now this, for Eggie, a company that produces poorly-made, China-made clothes in low quality fabric. Makes me even angrier to know how overpriced her clothes are.  

Posted

Sulwhasoo ad was so fake... she uses mer and sk2!!

Posted

Sulwhasoo ad was so fake... she uses mer and sk2!!

yeah she frequently talks about la mer and sk-ii with the exception of that sisley eye mask. so it was very surprising that sulwhasoo sponsored her considering her loyalty to the first two brands.

Posted

hi, long time lurker on this site and i just made an account recently lol.

what do you guys think of the blonde hair?

Posted (edited)

bro i dont even remember what i said other than calling her out on copying vetements when her first clothing line dropped

3ef88a388f24e3676e54741befe60785.jpg 

edit

wait jk found it

funny seeing my support for her go down from 2014 

074d5cef59b7bc6e28139d5f543b6d81.png

Edited by f1ower

Posted

Woah I didn’t know you could get blocked. She hasn’ t blocked me yet. I mostly tweet at her in korean and get no response 

Posted

Woah I didn’t know you could get blocked. She hasn’ t blocked me yet. I mostly tweet at her in korean and get no response 

probably because she is illiterate in hanguel haha

Posted (edited)

i lost my respect for jenn when was she crying about being “overworked”while i do get everything gets too much etc....but idk rubbed me the wrong way when all she does is film,edits and models...and her content is now shit. its sad how much i did love her post 2014-2015

Edited by Yeobae

Posted

I’m so glad her mom told her to stop doing her eyebrows like that... she looks like a gorilla with those eyebrows 

Posted

I’m so glad her mom told her to stop doing her eyebrows like that... she looks like a gorilla with those eyebrows 

the brows she drew on with her mom's advice were a sight for sore eyes after all the videos with thick ass chicken strips.

speaking of her mom, i know jenn's trying to converse more in korean with her parents and all (and kudos to her), but idk i just want to mad nitpick about how it sounds cringey lol.