Narumi Kataiama

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, I've been lurking here for months, and now I decided to expose post about Narumi Kataiama.

I don't post on forums since 2015, sorry for any stupidity, also, English isn't my mother tongue (feel free to correct my typos, via pm please).

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/narukataiama

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nanakataiama/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NarumiKataiama/

Who's That Girl? she's so fine.

Narumi Kataiama is a Brazilian Youtuber mainly recognized for her old ulzzang videos, since she's a very eclectic person I'm going to separate her in periods.

Ulzzang Period. 2013~

She started on YouTube posting a Ulzzang Make Up Tutorial . In her first video she looks very sweet/cute, during it, she starts to make jokes to look funnier. ~'k nothing weird until now.

Episode 1. Narumi Katagrana, The Thief ("Katagrana" is a pun for "cata grana", that means "picks money")

After getting famous she open a shop with her friends to sell Ulzzang related thing (wigs, sweaters, etc). But how does her shop works?

You basically deposit the money in her bank account and wait forever, because she doesn't have the products. Her items are from sites like Ebay and international orders take usually 3 months to arrive Brazil, and there's also taxes.

Well but she's just re-selling products, is that wrong?

If she actually delivered them, no.

Her shop was actually just to get people money, the reviews on it were fake and NOBODY received their orders, and after people contact her she just stops to reply (in some cases she even post photos with the products). After a shop fail, she open another one, she actually had 3 shops.

Episode 2. Ulzzangs, The Ultimate Race

In her free times, she likes to make fun of new Ulzzangs and Residents of the northeast region of Brazil (Context: Brazil have a lot of cultures, accents and biotypes in each region, and some people think that people in the northeast are black, dumb and poor). She even had a video with the title "Falsos orientais" (Fake easterners), but she removed it (I watched it a long time ago, I don't remember what the video was really about, I think it was about non-easterns following easterns tendencies or something like that, obviously with a pinch of racism). 

Human Doll/Cosplayer Period. 2014~

Episode 1. Is Misaki Mei considered a doll or I lost something?

A Brazilian television channel started to push Human Dolls (even with this kind of thing don't beeing popular here) and then Narumi started to be a Human Doll/Cosplayer too, they had a contest and she lost (the winner was a popular YouTuber called Lindsay Woods, I don't know anything about her), but she still appearing in the media sometimes.

One of her apparition as human doll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K59D0Qybzts

Episode 2. The Anorexic Doll.

People always point her weight and to avoid polemics involving anorexia she always says that she eats like a normal person and "eats everything", but in one of her interviews her mother says the opposite. I could not find this interview, If you know what video it is PM me!

??? Period - 2015/present~

Episode 1. "I don't know her"

In 2015 she started a new style that can't be defined and her videos were all about weird stuff/clothes from aliexpress/banggood and generic tags.

Episode 2. Falling in flop

After Narumi give up on Asia fashion and started to do repetitious videos her views dropped, also she was in a brazilian network called "Paramaker" that was sold around 2015. After beeing sold this network stole all the money from her videos and the frequency of new content decreased, she left this network in the middle of 2016.

Episode 3. Irrelevancy

Since she's not Ulzzang or either Cosplayer anymore she doesn't have been invited for any tv shows and she also doesn't have friends on youtube, her views are basically from her old subscribers.

Some sources

http://hoshiikuso.blogspot.com.br/2013/09/em-nome-de-todos-que-foram-roubados.html

http://sobrenarumikataiama.blogspot.com.br/2014/04/narumi-kataiama-e-os.html

https://www.facebook.com/narumicaloteira192/posts/958217357540512:0

Edited by U_M_R
typo

Posted

there's already an topic about her, but this summary is much better than the one i did

Posted

YEAH BOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ANOTHER ONE

giphy.thumb.gif.b091f3b079c34ba4e9cd1839

I knew she's not strange to me, I saw an old video from her teaching how to pierce your own nose lol I tried but I didn't succeed, so I went to a tattoo shop in the end lmao

have to be honest to you, never thought she would be this bad, like scamming people and being racist... I don't know, she has such a calm voice :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

there's already an topic about her, but this summary is much better than the one i did

Waah, sorry, I'm here for like 3 months and I never saw anything about her and since she's a Brazilian YouTuber I thought nobody here knew her. D:

YEAH BOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ANOTHER ONE

giphy.thumb.gif.b091f3b079c34ba4e9cd1839

I knew she's not strange to me, I saw an old video from her teaching how to pierce your own nose lol I tried but I didn't succeed, so I went to a tattoo shop in the end lmao

have to be honest to you, never thought she would be this bad, like scamming people and being racist... I don't know, she has such a calm voice :alpacaheadshake:

Calm voice? :haiplz:
https://youtu.be/mHI4YZzVhoo?t=642

Posted

Calm voice? :haiplz:

lol my bad hahahahaha she's so salty in this video

also, what's wrong with the whole "youtube network" thing? I remember there used to be a huuuuge drama about it on YT last year, something connected with Felipe Neto, i'm not sure... I never understood

Posted

I don't like this girl. Recently she started doing videos about politics and abortion that I particulary found really disrespectful. She thinks too highly of herself. These are sensitive subjects and she talks very rude. Go back to fashion and korea, gurl, please.

Posted (edited)

lol my bad hahahahaha she's so salty in this video

also, what's wrong with the whole "youtube network" thing? I remember there used to be a huuuuge drama about it on YT last year, something connected with Felipe Neto, i'm not sure... I never understood

Felipe Neto founded the network Paramaker around 2013 I think, but he sold it around 2015 to a French company.

They changed the network name for Para~something~ and people who had a contract with it could not leave the network, and this new company stole over 50% of the monetization in videos.

Since Felipe Neto was Paramaker's owner a lot of people think that's his fault. 

EDIT: The network name is MaxMaker.

Edited by U_M_R

Posted

Felipe Neto founded the network Paramaker around 2013 I think, but he sold it around 2015 to a French company.

They changed the network name for Para~something~ and people who had a contract with it could not leave the network, and this new company stole over 50% of the monetization in videos.

Since Felipe Neto was Paramaker's owner a lot of people think that's his fault. 

EDIT: The network name is MaxMaker.

yeah but why putting the channel in a network, in the first place? they work like a manager or something? it's supposed to help you with views and ad money?

I don't know, I always thought that the creator is the full responsible for the channel and its profits...

Posted

yeah but why putting the channel in a network, in the first place? they work like a manager or something? it's supposed to help you with views and ad money?

I don't know, I always thought that the creator is the full responsible for the channel and its profits...

I dunno, I think networks help you to avoid strikes.

As I know when you are in a network, companies cannot give you automatic strikes.

Posted

I don't like her, never liked.

Her voice annoys me and her body expression in the videos is so strange.

Her appearance changed so much since the beginning of her channel, now her videos are "kinda" trash and her tags and themes are really shity.

Posted

It helps with the communication with youtube, divulgation, and makes the monetization easier. Normally, it also protects the videomakers from copyright issues, so its basically essential to any videomaker. Having problems with networks, however, is not a new problem, and makes maaaany videomakers suffer to solve it :alpacaworry2:

Posted

It helps with the communication with youtube, divulgation, and makes the monetization easier. Normally, it also protects the videomakers from copyright issues, so its basically essential to any videomaker. Having problems with networks, however, is not a new problem, and makes maaaany videomakers suffer to solve it :alpacaworry2:

thank you so much for the explanation! :alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

Btw, there is a tumblr to sum all the crimes she commited at the time she had her store (http://narumi-kataiama-feedback.tumblr.com/). It's all in portuguese, but I can translate some posts. Te most recent one is about a girl that took the scam case to the justice, and she says: 

"Hello Darkness my old friends!!

I'm not here to make a feedback of anyone, but I came here to give my opinion regarding the scams. 

First of all, everybody knows/remember of the "scam wave" that Narumi Kataiama did with many people back in 2013. Well, I was one oh those (people).

My loss was very small, it was R$50,00 (a mild amount, normally, a wig is more expensive than this here in Brazil.) But regardless of the amount of money, I made a purchase and did not receive (the product), complained about it, and got ignored and blocked (by Narumi). I did not stay quiet, of course, is just R$50, but its a money that I had worked the entire month to get. A year and a half had passed and I won the cause. Narumi had her time to payment, the amount were updated three times and she ignored all the charges and intimations because all the she does is ignoring), until they (the justice) requested her CPF (Its called "certificado de pessoa física", witch is a number that verifies that you are a brazillian citizen, and it can be used to verify many things, such as bank accounts and other important information registered under that number) that, after provided, made Kataiama's bank accoung blocked by the justice, so, all the money that was in it got pawned. The amount that was in her account was enough to pay the process, that was worth R$70.41, and it got automatically debited from the account. I'll receive the money in my bank account within two days. 

Many say that the brazilian justice is bad and slow...And I agree. 

But I think is not hard to sue someone. It's my right, I am right, it's a won cause. I didn't even need a lawyer nor had to pay for anything."

She attaches a image of the decision of the tribunal. Its a public document, so is not wrong to show it on the internet. 

There is MANY other images of people suing her for the scams. I can translate some complaints that scammed people made, the old ones, before. :alpacaheadshake:

Sorry for my broken english again! 

Edited by Cranberry

Posted

UPDATE:

I have skipped all her videos and I forgot about her existence, and in the past 4 months she found a new style, say hi to "Narumi Maconheira!".

Weed is illegal on Brazil (both sale and consumption), but she likes to follow any trend cause she's 100% edgy 8D (and yes, weed is popular among college students).

In February she posted this 20 fucking minutes video wich I won't watch answering her fans questions while she was high, and it caused a smol polemic (between her fans, cause she's irrelevant).

A few weeks later she posted a video with the title: "Why do I smoke weed", wich I won't watch too.

Again, lots of dislikes.

It won't make sense, but it's her. She doesn't follow a schedule when uploading videos, so her next video was about how she made her wedding dress.

It looks good, minimalist and fancy on photos, but in video it looks kinda... Yumi King? It looks like something you would find on Aliexpress, skip the video to 7:15 and you will see how it really looks.

That's basically it, since the end of february until now she posted more useless videos like shitty tutorials/products and irrelevant vlogs (she also posted a video answering haters after smoke weed, lot of dislikes again, from her fans, hehe) 

Until the last week.

I watched this video on it's release, so I don't really remember what is it about, the only important thing on it is that she may stop with her channel for a while because of her grandpa and another parent illness.

That's it, if you watched those weed videos can you send me via PM what she talks? So I can update the sumary.

Well the weed can explain why his face is getting so rat looking in every week, even with wigs and circle lenses she can't look ulzzang like she used to be.

Posted

Essa menina é TÃO FEIA que meus olhos estão sangrando!!! Ela é também TÃO chata, affzzz....:stoplz:

This girl is SO FUCKING ugly that my eyes are bleeding!!!! She's also SO boring....:stoplz: