• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Online stores

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I am sorta new to buying clothes online due to reasons and I am trying to find some afforadable stores that would stock the following clothing styles:

- Goth
- Punk
- Lolita
- Kawaii
- Cosplay inspired

I am willing to check out any and every recommendation since I honestly need a new wardrobe and if it helps me reach my dreams, I would be so grateful for the help and advice.

Posted

Cutesy Kink has reasonably cheap kawaii clothing for UK standards.

Lovelyscum have a range of alternative clothing but some is cheaper than others.

Kokopie is very Tumblr but there is actually some cool kawaii stuff there and some of their items are on sale right now.

Kogiketsu - I find many of their items cute and mostly reasonably priced

Hope this helps :)

Posted

Cutesy Kink has reasonably cheap kawaii clothing for UK standards.

Lovelyscum have a range of alternative clothing but some is cheaper than others.

Kokopie is very Tumblr but there is actually some cool kawaii stuff there and some of their items are on sale right now.

Kogiketsu - I find many of their items cute and mostly reasonably priced

Hope this helps :)

This helps a lot since it makes a great start, thank you so much also, I like what you post around here, sorry I never had the chance to tell you (and also, House is awesome)

Posted

A great place for lolita online is Taobao, but it's hard for foreigners to buy from, so I use a reseller, namely clobba online. Only problem is the prices are in USD, and well the Australian dollar is in the toilet...

That or, an Australia based alt-fashion site? I haven't bought from either of these (yet), but I'll stick them here anyway

http://www.immoralfashion.com.au/

http://www.beserk.com.au/

Immoral has a narrower range of clothes than Berserk, which stocks heaps of styles. Also they're both a little pricy, but they both do free shipping over a certain amount Australia wide (For IM 99, for Berserk 89) which always helps.

Posted

This helps a lot since it makes a great start, thank you so much also, I like what you post around here, sorry I never had the chance to tell you (and also, House is awesome)

No problem :)

I also enjoy your posts, they're always very intelligent and informed and I can see that you look at things from both sides, which I really like about people :) (and House is my hero, what would I do without his gifs?)

Posted (edited)

I agree with I V vi IV that taobao is probably the best way to goo, since most popular stores with the aesthetics you are looking for are actually taobao resellers with huge markups. The resellers are good if you want to purchase just one or two specific items, since taobao is more worth the effort if you do bigger hauls (perhaps together with friends to share the shipping and shopping service costs?).

Your good ol' sis can make another one of my guide rants here if you guys want to, since I love making these to help people out (I had a lot of fun making the ones in the Yumi King thread so I would love to make more just for the heck of it too) - even if it sounds more pretentious than I meant to. :$

Edited by boopa

Posted

I agree with I V vi IV that taobao is probably the best way to goo, since most popular stores with the aesthetics you are looking for are actually taobao resellers with huge markups. The resellers are good if you want to purchase just one or two specific items, since taobao is more worth the effort if you do bigger hauls (perhaps together with friends to share the shipping and shopping service costs?).

Your good ol' sis can make another one of my guide rants here if you guys want to, since I love making these to help people out (I had a lot of fun making the ones in the Yumi King thread so I would love to make more just for the heck of it too) - even if it sounds more pretentious than I meant to. :$

Nah, that would be great cause I love as much help as I can get and yea, I may give taobao a check soon, I was a bit daunted by it

Posted

Nah, that would be great cause I love as much help as I can get and yea, I may give taobao a check soon, I was a bit daunted by it

Taobao can be a bit intimidating until you know how to work with it. I had to literally hold a friend's hand the first time she used it because she was so nervous.

I'll put something together when I get home from work and make sure to cover some shopping services and the like!