Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getting my skin back to normal??

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I didnt even know this site had an area to talk about these types of things but I figured I've already exhausted every other area of the Internet so why not here!

Just wondering if anyone here ever damaged their skin and was able to fix it and get it back to the place it was before the damage..

I made a horrible mistake and used a very powerful cream (from the retin a family) for no real reason ( Just a few pimples and build up from not washing my face for months (depressed))     And it completely turned my skin upside down.

I had lovely skin before hand, like "poreless" and porcelain.. It was the only thing I really had confidence in appearance wise and I was often complimented on it. :alpacawink:

Now the nicest comment I can receive is "I've seen worse". :alpacadone: 

I didn't know it was capable of doing the exact opposite of what this "miracle cream" claims to. But since  this happened I have found countless horror stories of similar, if not identical experiences with this cream and others like it...and literally 99% of people say they never get their skin back to normal. :alpacasad: 

Thats insane to me. I only used the stuff twice! :alpacamad: 

Anyway...I doubt anyone here will have any answers for me, but if by some miracle you do, please let me know! :alpacashocked: 

Thank you in advance!

Posted

At this point it's probably best to see a dermatologist instead of trying new products on your own which might irritate your skin even more. Continue to cleanse/moisturize with the products you used before, avoid exfoliating for now, stay hydrated, and use sunscreen every time you go out during the day. 

For future reference it's best to test any new products on your hand to see if your skin reacts badly to it. 

Posted

At this point it's probably best to see a dermatologist instead of trying new products on your own which might irritate your skin even more. Continue to cleanse/moisturize with the products you used before, avoid exfoliating for now, stay hydrated, and use sunscreen every time you go out during the day. 

For future reference it's best to test any new products on your hand to see if your skin reacts badly to it. 

Yes and also stick to natural based products. Dr. Organics has a great range of natural creams and they might have one for your situation.

Posted

Well I didnt even know this site had an area to talk about these types of things but I figured I've already exhausted every other area of the Internet so why not here!

Just wondering if anyone here ever damaged their skin and was able to fix it and get it back to the place it was before the damage..

I made a horrible mistake and used a very powerful cream (from the retin a family) for no real reason ( Just a few pimples and build up from not washing my face for months (depressed))     And it completely turned my skin upside down.

I had lovely skin before hand, like "poreless" and porcelain.. It was the only thing I really had confidence in appearance wise and I was often complimented on it. :alpacawink:

Now the nicest comment I can receive is "I've seen worse". :alpacadone: 

I didn't know it was capable of doing the exact opposite of what this "miracle cream" claims to. But since  this happened I have found countless horror stories of similar, if not identical experiences with this cream and others like it...and literally 99% of people say they never get their skin back to normal. :alpacasad: 

Thats insane to me. I only used the stuff twice! :alpacamad: 

Anyway...I doubt anyone here will have any answers for me, but if by some miracle you do, please let me know! :alpacashocked: 

Thank you in advance!

may i ask exactly how your skin is damaged? like did it become flaky, did your pores get huge? also what retin-a cream you used and how you used it. I used something from the retinol family, very similar so maybe I could help you out.

Posted

may i ask exactly how your skin is damaged? like did it become flaky, did your pores get huge? also what retin-a cream you used and how you used it. I used something from the retinol family, very similar so maybe I could help you out.

yes the pores got huge (or more visible...they used to be completely undetectable) and it now kind of has a net-like appearance or like the skin of an orange. My face also seems swollen in some areas and saggy and lined. It's pretty uncomfortable, and not just to look at.  It's very unhealthy and "dead" looking too. The color has darkened and is a diffuse reddish/ashy color. It used to be flat and look as smooth as the  screen of my iPhone practically and was porcelain in tone. Was one of my only exceptional features, my favorite. So it's very distressing to deal with. I don't look myself anymore so I don't feel myself either,

I'm also being asked if I'm under the weather...I got under eye circles from this too. Do I guess I look "sick".

My skin looks shiny or like it has this very weak, thin layer of skin on top that's see-through. But I don't actually think it is producing much oil at all. Seems super dehydrated.

I think the cream was called tazarotene and used I only used it a couple of times. Pea sized amount spread basically everywhere.

thanks so much for responding by the way..:I'm still dealing with this damage unfortunately 

Posted

yes the pores got huge (or more visible...they used to be completely undetectable) and it now kind of has a net-like appearance or like the skin of an orange. My face also seems swollen in some areas and saggy and lined. It's pretty uncomfortable, and not just to look at.  It's very unhealthy and "dead" looking too. The color has darkened and is a diffuse reddish/ashy color. It used to be flat and look as smooth as the  screen of my iPhone practically and was porcelain in tone. Was one of my only exceptional features, my favorite. So it's very distressing to deal with. I don't look myself anymore so I don't feel myself either,

I'm also being asked if I'm under the weather...I got under eye circles from this too. Do I guess I look "sick".

My skin looks shiny or like it has this very weak, thin layer of skin on top that's see-through. But I don't actually think it is producing much oil at all. Seems super dehydrated.

I think the cream was called tazarotene and used I only used it a couple of times. Pea sized amount spread basically everywhere.

thanks so much for responding by the way..:I'm still dealing with this damage unfortunately 

Because the product you used was prescription I think it's worth going to a dermatologist/doctor to see if they can more accurately identify what's going on, if you can. I'm so sorry but I don't have any experience with tazarotene. Retinas basically make your skin shed its layers really fast so if you used it too often at the beginning it may have been too much for your skin. I think just laying off any sort of exfoiliation and really layering on hydration and things like vaseline and aloe to soothe the skin would be the best form of damage control. Once your skin is a little calmer, if your pores are still a concern I found this resource really helpful: https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

I'm really sorry that this happened to you, I know how it feels to have the condition of your skin to plummet and to feel terrible about it. I hope your skin recovers.

Posted

Hi! im so sorry to hear about what happened to your skin. i work in the skincare industry and while im in sales, i have an extensive background in dermatology. the first thing you need to do is schedule a dermatologist visit ASAP, as what happened to you in a very severe reaction that needs professional medical attention. terezi is correct, you skin seems to have 'shed' itself much to quickly, and like getting a burn destroys different layers of your skin, this retina seems to have had a similar effect... but dont lose hope! you generate hundreds of skin cells everyday and luckily your skin regrows itself and you should expect your skin to improve naturally with time and patience. in the mean time some things you can do for your skin to help improve your texture:

-Aloe vera is your best friendits popular for a reason. it'll help hydrate your skin to fill in those lines, and it's anti-inflammatory properties will sooth your skin and help even out your complexion with repeated use. and babe i mean slather that shit on multiple times a day. 

-avoid any skincare products that have high alcohol content or any type of acid. most drugstore skincare for acne contains salycidic acid or benzoyl peroxide which can only hurt you at this point, as they are very drying and can irritate your already sensitive skin.

-after washing your face with a gentle, non-lathering cleanser, immediately follow with a calming toner, like lush's eau roma water. its made from rose water and lavender, which with hydrate your skin and calm down the irritation as well. 

if you dont mind, could you walk me through your skincare routine right now so i have a better idea of what products you're using and what will help you out the most?