Your favourite/signature perfume?

126 posts in this topic

Posted

I collect perfumes and right now I’m at 14 so I try to use more of them (so they just don’t stand there collecting dust) but my #1 will always be Daisy by Marc Jacobs. Especially the EdP version since the EdT has weaker longevity than a body mist. The EdP still isn’t that strong but.. It’s absolutely lovely. 

Posted

Egoiste by Channel. A mens cologne, but the scent is so gentle I think it suits women more.

Posted

Does anyone know a good perfume that has a subtle flowery smell? I have a Japanese cherry blossom perfume but the smell is too strong.

And what’s the proper technique to putting on perfume? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

i found a new favorite! 

Gingerbread latte mist from B&BW. Smells faintly of gingerbread cookies,  more on the sugar cookie side (cuz it lacks that spicy ginger or cinnamon smell of gb cookies)

i know some ppl cringe at overly sweet perfumes (which this is initially, but softens up over time and lasts a while) but I just love smelling like a snack 

71qll2T5NCL._SY550_.jpg

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know a good perfume that has a subtle flowery smell? I have a Japanese cherry blossom perfume but the smell is too strong.

And what’s the proper technique to putting on perfume? :alpacaconfused:

I'm not an expert but, here are some tips for applying perfume (there is really no right or wrong way):
- Apply perfume mainly on your pulse points, as the skin in these areas are typically thinner and the warmth within these areas, allow the perfume to be readily absorbed and maximises the longevity of the perfume.
Ngl, as I can be quite stingy with my perfume, I usually apply it on areas that are going to be "exposed" because, I do not see the point of applying perfume on my midriff, knees and calves, if I am wear a shirt and jeans (As an example) but, you do whatever suits you! 

Image result for pulse points perfume

- What I find works best in increasing the longevity of the scent, is LAYERING.
1. Find a body wash that has a similar scent/notes to the perfume that you wear OR that is un-scented (if that even exists). 
2. Apply an un-scented body lotion all over your body (once you are finished washing yourself). If you can, try and use the matching lotion that would accompany the perfume. I usually mix the un-scented body lotion and the matching lotion, where there is more of the un-scented body lotion against the matching lotion, as it can carry the scent and you don't end up using all of the matching lotion (if you get what I mean haha). 
3. Apply vaseline around the pulse points (This step is optional, try it out and see if it works for you or not). The vaseline is to act as a form of adhesion for the perfume molecules to bind/layer on top of, which as a result, can increase the duration and sillage (how long a fragrance lingers in the air when worn) of the perfume. 
4. Spray the perfume (1-2 spritzes) at each pulse point, and only dab on em haters not RUB. Rubbing can supposedly break the molecules of the perfume due to increasing heat from the friction, which can reduce the scent (especially the top notes) and it can mix with the natural oils in the skin therefore, changing the overall scent. 

- Depending on the TYPE of perfume that you use, will determine on the longevity of the scent, how you apply it and how MANY times you apply the perfume throughtout the day. 
Image result for types of perfume
Judging from the image above, the lower the fragrance concentration (i.e. Cologne/Fraiche) will suggest that you need to re-apply more often a Parfum or Eau de Parfum. 
- With Parfum, as it is mainly oil, you only need to apply a few dabs at each pulse points (I can't say from personal experience) but, supposedly it is very strong that a little goes a long way. 

- Avoid placing the perfume on any broken skin or even in your hair because, it does contain alcohol, it can be very drying or it may create a stinging sensation on any broken skin. 

I apologise if this is long, I clearly have nothing else to do in my life. Anyway, I hope it helped! :) If anyone has anymore tips or anything they like to add on, please feel free to do so ~
Btw: The images are not mine! And all of the information is from personal experience or my constant cycle of watching Youtube tutorials on this type of stuff. 

Edited by dddiro
More information

Posted

I am absolutely OBSESSED with gucci guilty