• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Your favourite/signature perfume?

138 posts in this topic

Posted

How did you guys get started with perfume? I'm not used to wearing it (never know when I should and can't get over feeling like I'd "waste" it) but received some as gifts and they are just sitting around :alpacaworry2:

Panthere de Cartier
Priscilla Presley Moments
Escada Jardin de Soleil
Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps
Chloe Narcisse
And a big bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream

I like the Escada one the most since it's so sweet but it seems like with fall coming, it isn't really suitable (smells really spring/summer)? Do you guys wear perfumes based on seasons or just have scents for all year? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

How did you guys get started with perfume? I'm not used to wearing it (never know when I should and can't get over feeling like I'd "waste" it) but received some as gifts and they are just sitting around :alpacaworry2:

Panthere de Cartier
Escada Jardin de Soleil
Chloe Narcisse

I like the Escada one the most since it's so sweet but it seems like with fall coming, it isn't really suitable (smells really spring/summer)? Do you guys wear perfumes based on seasons or just have scents for all year? :alpacaconfused:

Personally, I just wear certain scents more so according to what I'm doing rather than season. Like, if I'm going out with my friends or something I'll wear something a little heavier than what I usually wear everyday, like everyday I wear like citrus or sweet smelling perfumes while when I go out I prefer to use muskier but still sweet perfumes.

But, basically I have all of mine all year.

I got into perfume because of my big sister personally, as well as other girls at school at the time (was in middle school) being super obsessed with Bath and Bodyworks so I had to get some too.

Posted

Panthere de Cartier
Escada Jardin de Soleil
Chloe Narcisse

That's a nice selection you've got there. 

I don't wear my fragrances everyday, but if I remember and I feel up for it, I will. Perfume was almost like an initiation into womanhood for me. My mum and my aunt (her sister) enjoyed having perfume and wearing them on special occasions, and I was interested because I'm very girly. I wear perfume based on whatever I'm doing as well. 

Posted (edited)

I want this one so badly! How is the staying power? TIA ^^

Bonbon stays on for a long time, I'd have my boyfriend commenting 10 hours after me putting it on how I smell amazing etc! I'd recommend using the original one because V&R released a few other versions but personally the original smells much better to me, but really it's my favourite scent of all time! :)

Another scent I'd recommend is Victoria's Secret "Forever Sexy"

51Fg8yijiIL._SY355_.jpg

It is a more citrus-like scent, but it's a favourite of my parents when I wear it. It is very different compared to Bonbon but still very nice.

Edited by House

Posted

I've been trying to find the right perfume for a decade now. Still haven't found it. If anyone happens to know a perfume with lavender and rose let me know!

Posted

I guess the consensus is to just wear it. :alpacacrush:

I got most of my perfumes from my mom since she doesn't use any herself. I don't think most of my friends cared to use perfume much either. I had one friend who had one signature scent and that always seemed very cool to me but I guess scent based on what I'm doing suits me more.

Posted (edited)

I've been trying to find the right perfume for a decade now. Still haven't found it. If anyone happens to know a perfume with lavender and rose let me know!

There aren't many fragrances I know with both, but Fragonard has one called Rose Lavande or 'Rose Lavender'. Not easy to find that brand though.

----

Anyways, I just wanted to share that I've finally found a Jo Malone fragrance I love and it works on my skin: English Oak and Hazelnut. I find that a lot of Jo Malone fragrances are nice but they're not what I'm interested in. Technically my first love was Wood Sage and Sea Salt but my issue was that I couldn't distinguish the fragrance from my BO because the lemon note is very prominent with my chemistry, and the fragrance goes sour on me. 

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

My favorite perfume without hesitation is nina ricci ... I love it, its aroma, its aesthetics, everything! And not only that, but it gives me Nostalgia, it's perfect, at least for me ...:alpacalove:

52f7164457parfum.jpg.jpg

Nina_Ricci_Nina_L_Eau_Eau_de_Toilette_30ml_1376563248.png

Posted (edited)

Y'all making me jealous with all these fancy perfumes lol (cos I'm a broke).:alpacadone:

I kinda fell in love with these 2.16315_l.png

item_oil.png

Edited by Not seeing is the flower

Posted

I'm looking for a set (body wash, lotion, perfume) that's sexy and not really fruity? I've been trying to find one for ages and haven't been able to find it so I'm hoping someone here can? :alpacaheadshake:

Posted (edited)

I'm looking for a set (body wash, lotion, perfume) that's sexy and not really fruity? I've been trying to find one for ages and haven't been able to find it so I'm hoping someone here can? :alpacaheadshake:

I'm not sure what's in your budget, so here's a list from most affordable to most expensive. I don't know what you'd find sexy but this is what I think is sexy.

1. Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights: Strong, patchouli based. Bookish sexy to me but it can go on quite unisex/masculine. It usually comes in a 3-piece set with body wash, lotion and perfume.
  2. Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely: More elegant but a little sexy. Unsure about the notes because they kinda meld together and whether it comes in a set.
  3. Thierry Mugler Angel: This holiday season, they've got a set with a 25mL bottle, shower gel and body lotion. Idk if you'd find it sexy, but this is the smell of girls going clubbing. Huge love-hate fragrance: people are generally divided. If you don't like Angel (vanilla, patchouli), try Alien (jasmine). Both are very sweet fragrances but they're not fruity. I'm more of an Alien girl than an Angel. 
  4. Narciso Rodriguez for Her: Comes in a set with shower gel and body lotion. I find the EDT is muskier but EDP is beautiful too. It's like baby powder, but this isn't so much sexy amongst women, but sexy to some men. EDP is similar to Angel. If you don't like Angel, this is a step down and you might be able to tolerate.
  5. Dior Hypnotic Poison: Vanilla and hint of coconut. More sensual than sexy. Comes with body milk in those Dior holiday sets. If my sister smells it on me, it's "that play dough scent... wait it smells like mum" (My mother wore Dior Poison while we were growing up). I love this one but not everyone finds it sexy. Some people just find it smells yummy.

Honorary mention: Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower. No sets. All the others I've listed are sexy but this is 'sex' to me because the creamy tuberose takes on a fleshy note... :alpacawink: It's hella expensive and I'm too demure and baby-faced to pull that off. You gotta be like Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct to pull it off. Actually, I find that tuberose is a very sexy floral... 

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

I'm not sure what's in your budget, so here's a list from most affordable to most expensive. I don't know what you'd find sexy but this is what I think is sexy.

Thank you so much!

Posted

I'm really into the Nest brand. Niche fragrances are my thing. I love unique smelling perfumes. I feel like they leave more of a lasting impression than some basic Marc Jacobs or Juicy Couture perfume.

My two main ones are Amazon Lily and Midnight Fleur. I have the big bottle of Amazon Lily and wear it usually everyday. 

f165b4d4707dbc351743be445fd4de24.jpg

s1558220-main-zoom.jpg

Posted

Versace Crystal Noir has coconut. It's a beautiful fragrance but it's more coconut and florals than fruity. I have Nuxe's Sun Eau Deliceuse Parfumante which doesn't last all day but it's got a bit of coconut in it and smells great. 

I would say it smells more like spices than I smell coconut tbh. I know it contains coconut but it gets overpowered by the spices.

My current favs. I have one for every occasion:)))))))

1391_0.jpg

m_535414170b47d3112b0d9bfd.jpg

crtpfnw_aedt10_01-o__15.jpg

Versace_Crystal_Noir_Eau_De_Toilette_Spray_90ml_1373970844.png

Posted

My all time favourite is Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana

and these are some I am really in love with:

Scandal by Jean-Paul Gaultier
Poudrèe by Narciso Rodriguez
Eros by Versace (I think it's this one, I am not 100% sure)
Hypnotic Poison by Dior
Mademoiselle by Chanel

For me, one of the most important things is that the perfume stays for a long time. Like if I put it on at 7am I expect it to be smellable (?) till i come home at 7pm, you know? And with these ones it's the case. I can smell them on my clothes even days after putting them on!