• Announcements

• Artists Wanted! (New Banner!!)   01/08/17

Hi everyone! With the new year, we want to continue to make some changes to the site. Firstly, we'd like to make a new banner! Artists who are interested in contributing, please get in touch with me with some samples of your work.  Thanks so much!

Your favourite/signature perfume?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

As cheap and possibly tacky as this sounds, I really enjoy Love's Baby Soft by Dana. Both in bottle and body mist form. 

10.thumb.jpg.e70704d43696fd15681501f38aa

11.thumb.jpg.f251845163b2b575be82923d5a3

While it does spray on like a cheap perfume with that initial "alcohol" scent, after it dries down it's this nice soft baby powder scent and it lasts for days sometimes.

And on special occasions, I use Fortune Cookie Soap's perfume oil in Liquid Courage. It's a nice sweet candy scent, not too overwhelming imo unless you find peach rings an overwhelming scent and it's long wearing. It's a shame that it was only limited edition back in 2015 but the 1dram vial has lasted me since then (to be fair I had a small sample size with it that just ran out a couple months ago), since you don't need much product and can use it sparingly 

12.thumb.jpg.c6f94ffe42db00658abe065ece5

Hidden Content

You might like Pink Sugar by Aquolina! It's pretty affordable and smells like caramel but also fruity. And Britney Spears' "Fantasy" might be up your alley - it's nice and pretty sweet - has that confectionery type of smell - but still pretty soft and wearable.

For something more fresh, I think you will love Lacoste's Love of Pink - but don't confuse it with Touch of Pink! Love of Pink has like a fresh  citrusy, fruity start and then eventually dries down to soft vanilla.

Hope this helps:)

I like Lush's Kerbside Violets, which I tend to use more often cause it's cheaper, and Byredo's Rose of No Man's Land, which was a birthday present and I wear less often because it was a super expensive present (thanks mum)... though given I have a lot of it I should wear it more often.

I like floral scents, roses and violets being my favourite, so of course I love them. Also they're either from too weird a source or too high a price point for someone to make me hate them by macerating in it before walking into class... 

I LOVE violets and roses in perfumes! They give the fragrance that kind of soft, mysterious vibe...

And I've always wanted to try Byredo's perfumes, they seem so sophisticated...

Posted

Ooh!!!! Well, I like to smell like a femme fatale/new jersey Italian lady, so I go for almost overwhelming scents. Lately, I've been wearing 'Salome' by Alkemia on etsy, and I am so in love. I used to wear Chanel no. 5, but I had to stop once I left my parents' house. I also was given two Lady Gaga perfumes (Fame and Eau de Gaga) which are so so pretty??? I never considered them until I got them as a gift. Also, that Halle Berry one (Mimosa???). But I think I'm going to stick with Salome for a while.

how could you describe the scent of GaGa's perfumes? i'm interested in getting the two of them

Posted (edited)

@Jabvu

Eau de Gaga is a really, in my opinion, androgynous and seductive scent. I'm so bad at descriptions, but it starts out pretty floral, but by the end, is almost... leathery? I looked up the notes, and it was white violet -> lime -> leather. It's so so so pretty, and I suppose sophisticated, but that's just my opinion. 🙂

Fame is like femme fatale in a bottle, imo. I love love love it. The notes are belladonna, tiger orchid, incense, apricot, saffron, and honey. I'm so in love with it. I covered myself in it the day I got it. 

Edited by Hedy Lamaar

Posted

@Hedy Lamaar

Fame sounds good to me, and I find it here in my country and it is not really expensive :alpacacrush: I didn't find Eau de Gaga tho. Thank you very much, you're too kind :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

@Jabvu of course!!!! Enjoy! 💖

Posted

My favorite is Eau So Sexy by VS. It's really sweet and fruity, not really what I'd call "sexy" but I love it. I also love VS body mists, but I only have two, Endless Love and Pure Seduction.

Eau So Sexy Victoria`s Secret for women

Some others I have that I don't really use are Gucci's Rush and Playboy's Play It Spicy.