• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

using your public handles/photos on PULL

6 posts in this topic

Posted

ever since Dallas/Dae/Daelien_ done herself over, i've been thinking what makes people sign up on a site like this with their public handles (like using their usernames from instagram or tumblr) 

i feel like if you know anything about how the internet doesn't forget you'd distant your usage of a gossip/exposing/call out site from your public profiles. 

firstly it's kinda baiting busybodies to shit-talk about you, secondly are you trying to derail threads by promoting your own profiles or? 

any thoughts? first time making a thread, be gentle... xx

Posted

Dae was a dumbass, no question about it, especially since I don't think anyone would use their own photo or other social handles. I mean, I guess you would use it if you wanted to expose yourself, but I can't think otherwise

Posted

Well it depends. I showed my face here in the makeup thread aswell brcause why not? I do not have a tumblr, I do not have a active facebook page anymore like I had when I was still cosplaying and have a uninteresting instagram with 20 followers. So I fo noz have anything to hide on here! 

Though I do not use my nickname I used everywhere because this links to my cosplay past (which is not too bad but past is past) and all my videogame accounts :')

Long story short: Who is not hiding anything and does not care if others know that hr or she is on Pull: why not

Posted

I think it depends too.  Like my user name on here has been used on gaia and I use it on anime conventions.  I don't think anything that I say on here wouldn't come out of my mouth in person or on amother social media site. If I say something negative it's not meant to be hateful it's just my opinion and most likely if I'm saying something THAT negative it is something that I truly care about therefore  I wouldn't mind saying it anyone where especially in person since I tend to be more eloquent that way anyway. 

The most negative things that I've said are about Black struggles or my hatered for adults sexualizing being a child/baby and that's the kind of shit I'll verbally duke out no problem in person. If anyone has a problem with anything that I've said we can sit down and have a debate over it with the knowledge that I've built up from the past 20 years while having a mother with a masters degree who isn't afraid of telling her child the truth. 

So yeah I ain't got nothing hide. 

Posted

I had my photo as an avatar, but it was showing itself in google images as a result during searching for few snowflakes. I found it creepy and chose this avesome seal instead. I'm not afraid - I don't have my photos on Instagram, Tumblr etc and even barely on Fb. Blocked and hidden. I'm not ashamed of things I write here and so of my face. People often use photos of known or unknown person, I like using my own face. What's wrong with that? 

Posted

I did that with my previous account because I didn't think about the irl consequences like a boss seeing it or something 🙄 It had my real photo and name! And I use my real name for all my accounts omfg.. so I made this one which is anonymous but I'll obviously admit it's me to anyone who asks lol I feel shady af having an anonymous account even though i haven't fone anything XDD