• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Photo comparisons

245 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To her changing her edtiting style: Her old style was perfect for her western audience, stunning yet a very mature look. That's because she originally wanted a western audience, so she also lied about her height etc to appeal to western model standarts. But this didn't work out very well for her. Then came the time where people from Asian countries started to get interested in her and the  more she was regocnized by Asian people (it started with Chinese noticing her if I remember correctly), the more her editing and clothing style started to go into the cute and youthful direction. Since this is what is preferred over there. I think she just did it to fit it. Not only for Japan, also for her Chinese fans, she looked much like Chinese net idols back then and for Japan she changed even more. She just does what makes her famous and gets her the biggest audience. Western audience didn't work, Chinese audience wasn't big enough either, Korea kicked her out after finding out about her lies but Japan worked perfectly for her. That's one thing that I don't like, she just adapts to what her current audience wants to see, I still wonder what the real Dakota is like. Probably that scene girl brat she was before, is the real her.

The thing she doesn't realize is, her older 2012 look was what got her famous in Japan, not the things she does now. Sure, her new shoops get much likes too because she already has a large fanbase, but this fanbase was originally created with her old editing style.

(However, her old editing style would effort MUCH time, she probably can't do this anymore. I won't know how long it takes to shoop something like this, while lookinh completely different in real life.)

Edited by Kuroneko

Posted

Created a comparison pic since I realized its the same angle/pose. 

It'd make a great gif but I'm not skilled at that. 

PicsArt_05-18-04.05.40.jpg

Posted

Created a comparison pic since I realized its the same angle/pose. 

It'd make a great gif but I'm not skilled at that. 

PicsArt_05-18-04.05.40.jpg

Man, someone give this poor girl some eye-liner. I literally cannot stand seeing dakota's eyes without it. This new naked-eye look is so bad on her imo.

Posted

The curious case of Benjamin Button.. uhm Dakota Rose xD 

Posted

Okay, I tried something out.

In the two gifs I matched the eyes, and you can clearly see the differing proportions.

In the third picture you can see how similar these two pictures look. I have the theory that Kota just copied her face into another picture since the full body shoot just  looks so.. unreal and "masky" (and she made her nose so tiny... jeez)

kota1.gif

kota2.gif

kota3.jpg

Posted

Okay, I tried something out.

In the two gifs I matched the eyes, and you can clearly see the differing proportions.

In the third picture you can see how similar these two pictures look. I have the theory that Kota just copied her face into another picture since the full body shoot just  looks so.. unreal and "masky" (and she made her nose so tiny... jeez)

kota1.gif

kota2.gif

kota3.jpg

These are all really neat. :alpacacrush: Good work.

I can't stop staring at the first gif where it looks like Dakota blurred her hairline for some reason?

Posted

These are all really neat. :alpacacrush: Good work.

I can't stop staring at the first gif where it looks like Dakota blurred her hairline for some reason?

Ty! Yeah, noticed that too. I actually saw something like that years ago on a picture of the ex of my best friend (I hated her).. and my bf send me the original, unedited pic and she was simply editing her whole hairline and face in a very weird way (but you would not have been able to tell how the original looked like from the edited pic).. so yeah, I guess Kota hates her forehead

I did a little experiment, but the GIF is a little confusing on its own..

The latest IG pic of kota (frame 1) is kinda weird, so I searched for a pic with a similar pose (and mirrored it) and matches the right eye (left eye in Pic) in form and size (frame 4). Then I cut out the side that she is hiding with her hand in pic 1 from pic 2 and "modified" it, so it would "fit" pic 1 (frame 2). And as you can see, pic 2 is actually so disorted in comparison (standing directly side by side) (frame 3). Bot are actually. That was kinda fun. 

koa3.gif

Posted

Totemo legit shoop desuuuu~~~~~
That bellybutton looks like its tryin to escape the picture, it's so stretchy
ALSO: Whenever I see her touching/covering her face I think of 2 things:
1. Insecurity
2. Less area to shoop 
Kota you're already close to thin, do some streches or something to tone that fluff

koots.png

Posted

You can notice a few things that are primarily shooped:

• crotch elevation
  • thinner thighs
  • muffin top/ thigh excess fat removal 
  • chin reduction
  • eye enlarging
  • forehead enlarging
  • overall tinier frame

kh.png

Posted

Totemo legit shoop desuuuu~~~~~
That bellybutton looks like its tryin to escape the picture, it's so stretchy
ALSO: Whenever I see her touching/covering her face I think of 2 things:
1. Insecurity
2. Less area to shoop 
Kota you're already close to thin, do some streches or something to tone that fluff

koots.png

from what video is the picture on the right ? i don't remember that one ... :/

Posted

I edited contrast and took colours out so it's easier to see what she changed

a790e453f3929e4d77a7174342d21689.thumb.g 

Of course, I acknowledge her mouth is also open in the other one, I just wanted to use more recent pictures together so there's not the whole argument that "people change over time". No, your chin does not change shape naturally over time like this.

She's a scary person.... :o  I wonder if she has any real friends in her real life....I mean, who could be friends with her? I know I couldn't...her life seems full of lies....

Plus, I really hate the fact that she used to insult Asian people so publicly in her videos with Kiki, but now she's pretending to be so doll-like, angel-like, like she's all so sweet - to gain fame and fans in Asia? Wth...such hypocrite

Before her there was Magibon or Mririan, also loved in Japan for her cuteness. At least Magibon is not so fake and pretentious like her.

Posted

IMHO, without nice makeup, nice hair, edits and nice clothes she's just an average looker. With the right, simple makeup, hair and clothes, she can look pretty. But somehow even looking pretty without edits, I think she has this somehow vile look to her face. Her smiles doesn't look sincere maybe... Well of course, what's sincere and real about her? I don't even know.

I think she probably took Japanese classes, but as with anything and everything about her, she lied. Probably trying to make people think she's just naturally talented as she's just naturally angel-like in looks and personality.

Reading all these stuff about her reminds me so much of a song that goes like:

"She used to be ahead
She had thrilling and exciting things to say
She kept you on your toes all the way
But know the tides have turned
You have come too close to knowing her
God forbid you know what she's really like

When she sleeps she keeps her make up on
She prefers to live in a lie"

-Marit Larsen, This Time Tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v4gKM06TWU

Posted (edited)

The pictures you guys took as comparrisons re old though, she could have lost weight since her Popteen times.

To this video again, she doesn't look pretty to me. Idk why but she just doesn't look attractive so what this guy is saying seems so off. With these clothes and her general behaviour she actually looks more like a little tomboy than a angel like doll xD

The only thing I did always envy about her was her hair, I really like this natural blondish tone. I always tried to dye my hair like that since I first saw her, try getting natural black hair like this xD I ended up cutting half off my hair and let my natural color grow out. So yeah, that's the only thing special to me about her. But her face? A big No.

Edited by Kuroneko

Posted

Guys, I noticed all three of them (Kota, Taylor and Dakotay) have an identical looking pair of glasses. Is this a new trend? Who copied who? They're very old-school looking, my mom has had a very similar one for 3 decades now..

PicsArt_05-26-07.24.01.jpg