• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Forum rules (Outdated)

24 posts in this topic

Posted

1) Please respect people’s privacy.
- Do not post any personal information such as addresses or phone numbers
- Do not post full names or any other personal information of minors, even if they post it themselves. This rule applies to our chat as well.
- Do not drag random friends/family members into this unless they are directly related to their scamming/lying/cheating
- There is to be no harassment of people that are being discussed here that crosses into the real world. Do not contact family members, friends or anyone within their place of work or education with the intent to disrupt their life.
- No armchair diagnostics please

2) Please do not attack other members
- Do not threaten other members or wish them any kinds of harm (emotional, physical etc.)

3) Please do not attack any of the people that are being discussed here
- Do not threaten them or wish them any kinds of harm (emotional, physical etc.)
- Do not use this board to ruin someone’s reputation. Stay as factual as possible and do not post anybody in the little snowflakes section unless you have solid proof of their bad behaviour. When in doubt, please stick to the interesting people section

4) Please do not spam any of the topics
- Do not post anything in the summary threads unless you are 100% sure that it’s valuable information (feel free to ask us first when in doubt)
- Do not create new topics before you have used the “search“ function and have made sure that a similar thread does not already exist
- Stay on topic. A few gifs and personal remarks here and there are fine, but don’t clog up entire threads
- If you get into an argument with another user, please resolve the issue via PM instead of arguing in the thread.
- Please report overly offensive posts instead of openly confronting people and adding more fuel to the fire
- Please don’t contribute like crazy just for the sake of raking up posts

5) Do not post illegal stuff
- Pretty self-explanatory. If you are not sure about something please consult our staff before posting

6) No trolling; we will consider you a troll if you meet at least 4 of the following criteria:
- You are extremely intolerant of other people’s opinions and are not willing to discuss anything or listen to admins and mods
- You are constantly and purposefully stirring up drama just for the sake of upsetting other members
- Come to this board just to tell us how terrible we are
- Contribute very little besides drama
- Seem to be particularly interested in controversial topics
- Re-open old threads just for the sake of starting an argument
- You are very desperate about getting attention (such as spamming threads and posting an awful lot at once)
- Seem to go after a specific individual/kind of person only (e.g people who support homosexuals/transsexuals etc.)
- You are very obviously just pretending to be an asshole (lack of in-depth understanding of the topic you’re supposedly so passionate about, inconsistent posting style ect.)

7) Do not make multiple accounts/accounts under false pretenses
- No sockpuppets please. If you have to defend yourself, defend… Well, yourself.
- If you want your username changed, please ask one of our mods. There is no need to make a new account just because you don’t like your alias anymore

8) Do not use this board as a platform for self-presentation
- Do not promote yourself excessively. You are allowed to use pictures of you as your avatar and add your links to your signature and profile, but please don’t post either one anywhere else unless
a) The thread in question is about exchanging links
b) You have a very specific beauty and fashion question that you’d like to ask (haircut, hair color, makeup etc.)
Please keep in mind that promoting yourself at all might hurt your credibility as a forum member, and not all the attention you will be receiving might be positive. Each member is responsible for the content of their own profile/avatar/signature, so please keep that in mind before posting links
- No self-posting (= pretending to be someone else and making a thread about yourself in the interesting people/little snowflakes section and/or posting random people who supposedly harrassed you to get attention from this board and/or present yourself as a victim)
- Do not sign up for this board unless you are actually interested in at least one of the snowflakes and contribute regularly. Contribute to the discussion and exposing of snowflakes, not simplistic opinions for the sake of making post count. You don’t have to contribute grade A detective work every single time, but the majority of your posts should be constructive and not just random spam. Yes, this board does have OT areas and you are more than welcome to share your interests with other people and make friends, but if you come here just to talk about yourself all day and seek attention, you are not welcome here.

Penalties:
- If you break a rule once, you will get a warning (Or a moderator is going to call you out, depending on how severe the offence is. If your first strike is hoping that someone’s house will burn down we’re obviously going to take it a little more seriously than a new member double-posting)
- If you continue to break the rules, you will get a temporary ban first (lenght of ban depends on the severity of the offence)
- If you still overstep your boundaries or do something unforgiveable, you can kiss your account goodbye
- You will be banned immediately in any of the following situations:
a) Signing up just to tell us that we’re horrible people and that this forum sucks
b) Being a confirmed self-poster/sockpuppet account
c) Being an obvious troll
d) Sending death threats to any of our members or a random snowflake
e) Attempting to promote a random online shop on PULL
f) Being a confirmed double account (one of your profiles will be deleted)
g) Contacting family members, friends or anyone within their place of work or education with the intent to disrupt their life.

Regarding PULL's affiliation outside the forum:

1. Users that choose to contact a snowflake/3rd party outside of PULL cannot use PULL to justify their actions.

2. PULL takes no responsibility for what its users choose to say outside of the forum.

3. Users that decide to contact 3rd parties/snowflakes can and will be "denounced" (banned) if it causes harassment towards the snowflake.

Posted

If you write your own comment and post it, and then see someone you want to quote (I still don't get how I edit that in lol) and you do.. Is that double posting or..? 

Posted (edited)

If you write your own comment and post it, and then see someone you want to quote (I still don't get how I edit that in lol) and you do.. Is that double posting or..? 

Yeah. If it's two posts in a row from the same person = double posting.

But on this forum we have a function that automatically merges your double posting if you post twice in a row within a 15 min time interval (might change the time interval). Try it out :)

I just haven't made any announcements or tutorials regarding the text editor yet because we're still playing around with its settings.

Edited by Kaninchen

Posted

Sorry, question! "- No armchair diagnostics please" does this mean saying "xx's behavior makes me think they BPD" or something along those lines? I just posted a comment of that nature so if it falls under this, I will delete right away!

Posted (edited)

@Siwon Well, it's okay to make observations like such. We just don't want members to try to play doctors/psychologists pretending to know exactly what kind of illness or condition someone is going through. So, just simple observations like yours are okay. Just don't take it too far or speculate too much.

Edited by Apple

Posted

I'm not sure where to posts this, but what is happening on this forum?  There are random threads appearing everywhere!

Posted

I'm not sure where to posts this, but what is happening on this forum?  There are random threads appearing everywhere!

They're spambots. They're usually not human. These bots are programmed to fill up forums with useless spam ads, which are mostly virus infected if you click the links they provide in their posts. 

Posted

Update in forum rules:

Added: - There is to be no harassment of people that are being discussed here that crosses into the real world. Do not contact family members, friends or anyone within their place of work or education with the intent to disrupt their life.

Under penalties:
- You will be banned immediately in any of the following situations:
g) Contacting family members, friends or anyone within their place of work or education with the intent to disrupt their life.

Crossed out: - No double-posting
As we have a function that merges your posts if you have made multiple posts within 30 minutes.

Posted (edited)

Update #2
This has been added as a blanket statment under the rules:

Regarding PULL's affiliation outside the forum:

1. Users that choose to contact a snowflake/3rd party outside of PULL cannot use PULL to justify their actions.

2. PULL takes no responsibility for what its users choose to say outside of the forum.

3. Users that decide to contact 3rd parties/snowflakes can and will be "denounced" (banned) if it causes harassment towards the snowflake.

Credits to the user @Nami for writing this for us :)

Edited by johndoe

Posted

Is it double posting if what you have to say belongs in multiple categories? A lot of the Margaret Palmero posts have already been posted in the general Venus discussion page so when someone wasn't sure where there posts go I asked why they didn't do both-which most people tend o do with screen shots and stuff so I didn't see it as a big deal, especially since it would have different conversations in both threads (people just appreciated in in the general, but I thought people could add to it in Margaret's personal thread.) I was told to read the forum rules when I pointed this out. But double posting here sounds like if you are posting in the same thread multiple times and I'm just confused.

I am new so I don't know if I'm doing a lot of stuff wrong but it's hard every time I post something related to where things should go/ has problems with the way I word things and it doesn't seem to be personal so I don't want to personally message them if they're just trying to correct but I think I might be sticking up for myself too much. IDK. I just wanted to make sure I really wasn't suggesting someone break the rules. 

Tl;Dr: Is it double posting to have the same post in a different thread?

Posted

Is it double posting if what you have to say belongs in multiple categories? A lot of the Margaret Palmero posts have already been posted in the general Venus discussion page so when someone wasn't sure where there posts go I asked why they didn't do both-which most people tend o do with screen shots and stuff so I didn't see it as a big deal, especially since it would have different conversations in both threads (people just appreciated in in the general, but I thought people could add to it in Margaret's personal thread.) I was told to read the forum rules when I pointed this out. But double posting here sounds like if you are posting in the same thread multiple times and I'm just confused.

I am new so I don't know if I'm doing a lot of stuff wrong but it's hard every time I post something related to where things should go/ has problems with the way I word things and it doesn't seem to be personal so I don't want to personally message them if they're just trying to correct but I think I might be sticking up for myself too much. IDK. I just wanted to make sure I really wasn't suggesting someone break the rules. 

Tl;Dr: Is it double posting to have the same post in a different thread?

Hello. It was my understanding that double posting meant posting two identical remarks in a row, regardless of which thread which means clogging the pages. If two people happen to post the same screen shot, it is not. But if one person does, it is. Yes?

Posted (edited)

Hello. It was my understanding that double posting meant posting two identical remarks in a row, regardless of which thread which means clogging the pages. If two people happen to post the same screen shot, it is not. But if one person does, it is. Yes?

Double posting is when the same user makes multiple posts in a row on the same thread.

If multiple members say the same thing (two or three people posting the same image at the same time) this is not double posting.

If a member posts one relevant comment in one thread, and the same comment is also relevant in other threads, the member can post it in other topics as long as it is still relevant.

Edited by Espurr

Posted

Hello! I added that little question at the end of my post in the general Venus thread because I'm not sure if posting the same remark in more than one thread is considered double posting / spamming or not. Thanks a lot for clarifying and my apologies if my post caused a slight derailment in the general Venus thread. :/

Posted

I was wondering why do we not have an age restriction on the people we post like only 16+ is allowed? 

Recently Lolcow changed theirs to not allowing threads to be made on people below that age.

Posted

I was wondering why do we not have an age restriction on the people we post like only 16+ is allowed? 

Recently Lolcow changed theirs to not allowing threads to be made on people below that age.

I'm wondering why what lolcow does should have any weight on what we do.  :Alpacaconfused:

Though...I'm not speaking in an official manner, I'll leave that to the PULLgods.