• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

What do you love about yourself?

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(If there is already one like this, I didn't find it. So please close this one if there is!)

We all are our best and meanest critics. We can point out the worst in our appearances and personalities, but find it hard sometimes to find the good and beautiful in ourselves. So comment what you love about yourself, appearance wise and personality wise or more than that, like your talents! Go ahead and go all out, no limits in loving yourself!

Me: I love my chunky lips, afro, tanned skin, tall legs, wide hips and bushy eyebrows. I like the fact that I usually tell people directly my opinion without sugarcoating it when they ask for it. 

tumblr_mved1iKomo1qlvwnco1_r1_400.thumb.

Edited by M.I.A

Posted

I like my nose. I guess this is a unusual thing to be the first thing to say, huh?

Posted

Hm, a couple of years ago my answer what have been nothing lmao. But i like everything about myself(except of my tum tum but i signed up for a gym so shh). It took a while to actually like what i see in the mirror but when i look in it now im loving it. I wish i would get off my ass and actually practice makeup more but eh.

I like me, i like that i'm shallow and superficial. Idc if something is cute i'll fall for it. Literally if you want me to buy something of yours make it cute and I will. Just the way i am. I like simple and easy. Not to say i don't know how to think critically or anything but if something is short and simple i'm all for it. I like that i'm good at writing. My grammar sucks so much but i'm good. I know I am. If i wasn't so lazy and uninspired i honestly can bang out a book(with help with grammar ofc because omg).

I don't like how i have to try to care. 99% of the time i seriously cbf to care about anything around me. Not that i'm selfish or anything i just don't care? And I don't understand why lmao I come off very.. er cold and  insensitive at times without meaning to but im just starting to think thats just how i am... i'm a very emotional person but at the same time im not. I can very well cry on the inside while my face shows nothing and that kind of scares me. It's weird how, unless i'm trying, i don't show any emotions.

Posted

I quite like my legs. For some reason they are naturally slender and I gain muscle quickly so that's a plus. I like my nose and I have straight teeth which I honestly can't complain about. My eyelashes are long and I like the shade of blue in my eyes. I'm quite short. My hands are the same size as my friend's 10 year old brother's... I actually like my voice, I've been told it's very soothing.

Personality-wise, I am quite empathetic. I find it easy to put myself in other people's shoes. I am thoughtful and I can analyse information quite well. I do value intelligence in people as I value it in myself (that sounds like I'm full of myself, doesn't it) and I do like my linguistic capabilities. My humour can be sarcastic at times haha. I like my strong moral beliefs. I am not religious by any means, but I have ideals about how we should or shouldn't be treating people. I like how I am open and rarely biased. I'll take people at face value unless they seriously hurt somebody. I try not to take sides.

That's very long for somebody who hates themselves haha. There's more to me than that I suppose but then I am a deeply flawed individual.

Posted

I'm glad people have things to love about themselves. As a young teen I hated myself so much and now I look back and think I had a skewed sense of self because then I really was beautiful and worthy. However now i've put on a little weight and neglected myself but I'm not giving up on getting to a healthier standard. I like my eyes, their shape is round and big and even if I prefer brown eyes I think the shade of blue is growing on me. I love my hair. it's super long and thick and feels like a blanket to hide behind aha.

Posted (edited)

This is going to be kind of a long story hahahah

A project partner and I were fucking around during our computer science lesson and I ended up telling that my parents are from another country (that we don't live in), she gets all excited (it's kind of uncommon to be foreign/have foreign family where I'm from) and asks if I can speak the language and I told her that I can understand it a little spoken. 

She proceeds to put random sentences in google translate, tries to read them a loud and let's me guess what it means. 

One of the sentences was along the lines of "you have beautiful blue eyes". I rarely ever get compliments and I usually brush them off but this one really stuck with me since I had to put effort in understanding it.

And since that day I realised, my eyes are indeed a very nice colour!! 

TL;DR: got nice eyes

Edited by 2cutesocks
gotta proofread my comments more lmao,forgot words

Posted

My eyes, and my jaw.

I'm a lil thicker than I'd like to be, but I still think I look quite pretty. 

I really like my short hair as well!!:alpacaheadshake:

Posted

My eyebrows, my easy to manage skin and body shape.

Posted

My eyes, tbh its the only nice thing about me, everything else is meh. I guess my honesty is good too.

Posted

my eye shape/eyelid type and shape, i like my face/jaw shape and structure as well. i also have an extremely fast metabolism, which comes in handy as i'm a bit lazy and like to eat... 

Posted

Physically: my hair.  I have awesome hair.  I get it from my mom's side.  Thick, soft hair, that can take a lot of "abuse" and still looks great. We do tend to go gray at an early age (I notice my first gray hairs at 25).  But I can dye the shit out of it and it never looks fried.

Other than physical, I love and hate my memory.  I have a very good memory.  I've honestly scared some people with how good it is. The reason why I also hate it is that every bad memory is remembered just as well as everything else.

Posted

Physically, nothing.
But I like to be smart and speak many languages

Posted

i've cut my hair a few times in my life and i've never really been happy with it, but i cut it again, this time super short and now i'm growing it out again but it seems very healthy and i love it!! i also dyed it for the first time and i'm super pleased. i also really like my eyes :)

i like how honest i can be and how much i try to be a good person. not to sound selfish;; it comes naturally ^_^

Posted

I got some nice feet

Posted

my waist-hip ratio has always been nice. right now my measurements are 36-25-40!