• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

What would you do if somebody posted you in the Snowflake section?

98 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm curious, how would you react if somebody put you up as a snowflake on PULL. This thread is inspired by what happened with our darling, daelien. What would you think and would you still be posting on the forum? Would you defend yourself? What do you think other users would say about you?

Personally, I'd probably find it kind of funny. There's nothing much interesting about me to actually discuss. I fucked up a few times but never actually hurt anybody so I suppose I'm not much of a snowflake material but I'd be curious what comments people would say or how they would interpret the things that I say haha. I'd try to get in on the lulz maybe. Doubt I'd flip out, given what happened to our dear Dallas. But I'd probably find it kinda difficult to post because people would associate me with a thread and then it'd like, become the main impression I'd give? 

Posted

Hmm it's an interesting question. I doubt I ever would be posted, but I'll assume devil's advocate and pretend. In that case I would give the staff a heads up that I have a thread (in OPs or snowflakes) and that due to being personally connected I wouldn't be able to moderate that thread. We never discussed this "what if" situation in our staff chats, but I try to be as transparent as possible and having a thread about myself would be no exception.

Depending on where the thread conversation goes I might step in, but it would probably be best if I didn't say anything in it. If things got really bad I may have to resign as a staff member. I love what PULL does as a community more than my pride as a moderator.

...I would be refreshing that page 24/7 haha.

I always pondered about having a thread on PULL. We have a wide variety of opinions on here so if anything a thread would be good constructive criticism. Usually our comments aren't focused on "omg her nose is so ugly" so I would be open eared to the comments. 

This being said I feel fairly uninteresting and doubt my face will end up here one day.

Posted

Personally, I'd probably find it kind of funny. There's nothing much interesting about me to actually discuss. I fucked up a few times but never actually hurt anybody so I suppose I'm not much of a snowflake material but I'd be curious what comments people would say or how they would interpret the things that I say 

same here. i find myself to give respect to virtually everyone on the internet (even to people who don't deserve it sometimes) and i don't do anything snowflakey to warrant a thread so i would probably laugh. i mean, i guess that's what i did, but i feel like any normal person who hasn't done anything wrong would have a good laugh at a salty vendetta made against them. people would quickly come to say their opinions, and most of which would probably be along the lines of "this person is fine/not a snowflake, this is a vendetta/self post" etc. 

when i did see my name though, i think my heart skipped a bit. i got anxious because just getting messages online even from friends makes me anxious sometimes. but then i clicked it and it was pure garbage. i thought that maybe they disagreed with my political or moral opinions but i barely expressed that because it's not something i really wanted to put on my blog. 

of course i came to my own defense because i kind of wanted to squish any lies/rumours this could cause by gossip blogs on tumblr, but besides that i wasn't too bothered. if i did something wrong i would own up to it, and take people's criticisms to heart. 

i think dae did the total opposite. she came to defend herself somewhat but just spun it as a joke and just made the situation worse for herself. if you truly aren't a snowflake, youll have no problem.

Posted

Why would I care about what a bunch of people on the Internet, who most likely have no idea what I look like or even act like in real life , think of me? Is this website Facebook? I might feel slightly honored that somebody would consider me a snowflake because I sure the hell don't.

Posted

I'd probably stay away from the thread for a few days and then curiosity would kill me and I'd binge read it depending on how many pages there were lol

Posted

I'd probably stay away from the thread for a few days and then curiosity would kill me and I'd binge read it depending on how many pages there were lol

I'd just ask for a TL;DR summary of the thread. lol

Posted

If that did happen, I feel like I'd try to answer everyone's questions and prove any rumours wrong. Then again it would be pretty entertaining to just lurk and see what people would have to say about me and what rumours and accusations people would make. Honestly though it is highly unlikely I'd ever find myself in such a situation as I rarely post anything on social media. In fact the only social media account I have is facebook and the last time I posted anything was 2009. The reason for this is because if I was to have any other social media accounts I feel like I'd post something I'd look back on and be embarrassed about and make myself cringe.

Posted

I'm curious, how would you react if somebody put you up as a snowflake on PULL. This thread is inspired by what happened with our darling, daelien. What would you think and would you still be posting on the forum? Would you defend yourself? What do you think other users would say about you?

Personally, I'd probably find it kind of funny. There's nothing much interesting about me to actually discuss. I fucked up a few times but never actually hurt anybody so I suppose I'm not much of a snowflake material but I'd be curious what comments people would say or how they would interpret the things that I say haha. I'd try to get in on the lulz maybe. Doubt I'd flip out, given what happened to our dear Dallas. But I'd probably find it kinda difficult to post because people would associate me with a thread and then it'd like, become the main impression I'd give? 

I be the same, I would find it funny but like you, I done stupid things irl but nothing to hurt others and I am really, really boring...

Though, I could end up as a flake for lols if I felt inclined to see if I end up on pull but on a serious note, I'd be honest and make the truth known, I mean, I don't really have anything to hide or get defensive about.

As said, I am super boring and mainly post about shit I buy, food and video games lol

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by mislaid

Posted

Tbh, I'd be panicked and amused.

Only thing I ever do that causes drama is to misunderstand tones of text and literally just stand up for those whom are friends.

People like to say I'm a "drama machine" even though I'm rarely in any so called "drama" so they wouldn't even have any evidence to provide if they started criticizing and slandering me.

Although, I have been posted on 4Chan and a Facebook hate page because I was out as Trans online but not to my family, so I was still forced to wear feminine clothing/cosplays.

Its things like that where I sit here and I'm like, "okay, this person is a moron" because they obviously had never really ran through my account, just nit picking at some cosplays because I don't look "Asian" enough (I recently found out that I'm somewhat Chinese and people keep throwing at me that I'm not Asian enough for some cosplays) or that my wig is a slightly different colour- all of that amusing.

I hope all this makes sense, as I'm trying to explain things I go through kinda daily honestly.

Favourite thing about PULL is that I see the people who get on me for some things get called out and criticized daily so I got all my tea if I need it.

Posted

Depending on what gets posted of me, but I think I would most likely apologize for something I'd ended up doing before. I'm not as bad, but in a different area I could be considered even worse now...lol. I consider myself multifaceted, and continuously, gradually changing, so I'd hope that would be taken into account even though it's not always in a positive way. 

Then I would read the fuck out of the thread if it's long and juicy, and just do some extra clarifications if needed. If the thread is dry and short, I would just do clarifications. 

If I don't get questioned about drama or stuff I did then I won't mention it first. But I think it's definitely important that I'd apologize.

Posted

ha. I wouldn't even bother to care. I guess I'd be shocked and even horrified at first. And then I'd simply shrug my shoulders and move on to lurking the other snowflakes' threads :P  I guess it's because I know I could never be under Snowflakes. 

however, were it justified, I know I would be ashamed, reflect on my actions for days after reading everyone's thoughts and opinions, try to apologize or make things right, and probably stop posting altogether on that particular SM. I would not address it on PULL or reveal who I am to the members, mods, and owner. I like being anonymous. 

were accusations not justified, I'd be freaking annoyed, roll my eyes, lose respect for the site, but ultimately ignore the thread and keep using the website as usual. Hehe 

Posted

Would probably join in and roast myself, because why not?

Same. Probably after laughing.

I wouldn't just do that. I'd have fun doing it, complaining about like, my handwriting, or stuff that I really can't control (probably my stupid pinkie... It's a literal pain. Also it's weird). Also stuff like "probably didn't brush hair", "Didn't get enough sleep", and of course "Still has a calendar from 2014 up on her wall. That is not hyperbole)

Like, if someone has like, legitimate complaints, or wants to know something, provided it's not like, stuff I don't share with people, I'm happy to answer it. I'm not gonna give away my address, debit card information, passport number, uac information (well that requires me to know it off the top of my head lol), or you know, any sensitive information, but like, stuff people might be curious about. 

Also I'd laugh at anyone who'd accuse me of self posting because, I'm not a giant idiot, who'd put themselves in the snowflake section, I like this forum, and I'm not gonna get banned for something stupid like that.

Posted

I wouldn't be a very interesting topic, I'm super introverted and not popular at all hhaahaha