• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Help gaining weight?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi! I am 5'7" and 105 pounds. The problem is...I was 120 pounds a little over a month ago. I am concerned with my rapid weight loss and lack of appetite. Any ideas on how to gain the weight back or why this is happening? 

Posted

Maybe see a doctor? If you really do not know why you lost weight I mean!

In general maybe try to trace you calorues with a certain apo or penn and paper anf use a special calculator to measure the amount if calories you need. Maybe you find out that you eat way too less? Then eat more!

If not I really woukd see a doctor. It does not have to be sth serious or bad. But maybe you take pills with the side effect of weiggt loss? Or have problems with your thyroid? :) 

Posted

Maybe see a doctor? If you really do not know why you lost weight I mean!

In general maybe try to trace you calorues with a certain apo or penn and paper anf use a special calculator to measure the amount if calories you need. Maybe you find out that you eat way too less? Then eat more!

If not I really woukd see a doctor. It does not have to be sth serious or bad. But maybe you take pills with the side effect of weiggt loss? Or have problems with your thyroid? :) 

ok that makes sense! Thank you for the help

Posted

You are welcome! Feel free to message me if you have further questions :) I am no doctor but studied nutrition and woked in a fitness studio for awhile so I have quiete some knowedge now 

(Which I never thibk about for myself lol)

Posted

If something is longer than 3 weeks - go to a doctor and do even a basic examination.

Don't eat lots of fat - it makes you feel full and is hardly transfered into body fat. I would recommend a lot of healthy carbs with vegetables what stimulate your appetite. And some proteins. In general food rather light but filled with calories. Don't forget about visual side, try to eat in a regular way to let your body be ready and prepared for every meal. Vegetables and fruits can speed your metabolism, but also make you hungry. You can try to eat very few but often and read about vitamins etc increasing appetite. 

Posted

Calculate your TDEE using an online calculator.

Here's one: https://tdeecalculator.net/

Eat 500 calories more than that. Very roughly, that will yield a gain of one pound per week. Eating 1000 more calories everyday above you TDEE will translate into 2lbs per week. Granted you might gain more because of food and water weight.

Posted

Calculate your TDEE using an online calculator.

Here's one: https://tdeecalculator.net/

Eat 500 calories more than that. Very roughly, that will yield a gain of one pound per week. Eating 1000 more calories everyday above you TDEE will translate into 2lbs per week. Granted you might gain more because of food and water weight.

okay so I need to eat 13,000 calories a week, thank you! 

Posted

Actually i have the same problem. In my case, i started to eat beef, fish, wholemeal bread, eggs and pasta, more often, i don't know if this would work, but hope it.

Posted

First off its important that you dont gain weight TOO rapidly. First determine roughly how many calories you should be consuming. For me i eat around 2,000-2,500 a day because i am VERY active and visit the gym daily. If you are not very active then you're looking at about 1,000-1,500 a day. You should also find out what your current BMI is and what your healthy BMI is. My healthy BMI is 25-29. If you dont intend to be active while trying to gain weight you will want to eat more nutrient rich food that contain healthy fats such as avocados, coconut oil, and so on. If you intend to be relatively active while gaining then its safer to eat the heavier carbs like vegetable oils, and meats. You also may want to consider your portion sizes, simply increasing your portions could help.

bmi-chart.png