• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Am i the only one with this skin problem?oily skin problem!!

17 posts in this topic

Posted

i am someone with veryyyy oily skin. I use oil free moisturizer and even do a good skincare but still my face gets oily. When i wear makeup it starts to get oily after 2 hours even when i set my makeup with a good powder. I also use matte foundation but still my face gets really oily.I get oily around my forehead,nose and cheeks area. 

The oil makes my face look really dewy,shiny from far but when you come near it kind of looks dicusting. Few people have even asked me what foundation i am using😂😂 because they like the dewy look. I like the natural dewy look but I hate how my face gets super oily soon after the makeup application. 

Does this happen to anyone? Or am i the only one with this problem?? And please share some tips if you have any😫

IMG_7227.JPG

Posted

It might not be down to something that make-up can reduce. How do you wash your face/skincare that you use? If you use things that are harsh on your skin it can irritate it and make things even worse sometimes. I think I've heard that over washing your face encourages it produce more oils so maybe when you do skincare balance between washing it well than invasively cleaning it.So i'd swap everyday soap for sensitive alternatives. I may be wrong though.

Blotting paper seemed to help a friend I had with it but I think it's something that's different for everyone. Hormones play a part in this and it can get worse if you are stressed too. If it's something that's persistent and doesn't improve at all maybe ask your doctor about it. Sorry if I'm no help I hope it can get better. ^_^

Posted

I heard somewhere that oil cleansing with oily skin can help balance it, but I don't have oily skin so I have no idea if that works. It's also great at removing make up, so that works.

Posted

Do you use a primer?

I've also got pretty oily skin, and live in a humid climate.

This is my skincare and makeup routine:
Wash face with za Perfect Solution Cleansing Foam
Tone with za Perfect Solution Toner
Moisturise with a light moisturiser, I like to use Trilogy's Rosehip moisturiser

Maybelline Baby Skin primer
Translucent powder patted over the top with a powder puff
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation
Translucent powder again over the top in places I know I get oily - my nose and forehead

It seems to be doing okay thus far, but then I've only tried that a couple of times. It's going to get hotter here, so I have a couple of different finishing sprays I can try too.

I try to avoid concealers because they're always so damn oily.

Posted

It might not be down to something that make-up can reduce. How do you wash your face/skincare that you use? If you use things that are harsh on your skin it can irritate it and make things even worse sometimes. I think I've heard that over washing your face encourages it produce more oils so maybe when you do skincare balance between washing it well than invasively cleaning it.So i'd swap everyday soap for sensitive alternatives. I may be wrong though.

Blotting paper seemed to help a friend I had with it but I think it's something that's different for everyone. Hormones play a part in this and it can get worse if you are stressed too. If it's something that's persistent and doesn't improve at all maybe ask your doctor about it. Sorry if I'm no help I hope it can get better. ^_^

i  exfoliate my skin once a week and regularly use oil free moisturizer and only use foam cleansing at night time. But still its oily with or without makeup. I think just like you said it might be because of hormones or maybe cus of other reasons. Thankyou anyway😁

I heard somewhere that oil cleansing with oily skin can help balance it, but I don't have oily skin so I have no idea if that works. It's also great at removing make up, so that works.

i do use cleansing oil to remove my makeup but still 😞

Do you use a primer?

I've also got pretty oily skin, and live in a humid climate.

This is my skincare and makeup routine:
Wash face with za Perfect Solution Cleansing Foam
Tone with za Perfect Solution Toner
Moisturise with a light moisturiser, I like to use Trilogy's Rosehip moisturiser

Maybelline Baby Skin primer
Translucent powder patted over the top with a powder puff
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation
Translucent powder again over the top in places I know I get oily - my nose and forehead

It seems to be doing okay thus far, but then I've only tried that a couple of times. It's going to get hotter here, so I have a couple of different finishing sprays I can try too.

I try to avoid concealers because they're always so damn oily.

yes i recently started to use the smashbox primer cus it was meant for oily skin. I think it helped little bit but still my skin gets really oily after 2hrs of makeup application and i also use the two faced foundation which is matte and meant to be good for oily skin but still my skin gets really oily 😣 

Posted

Maybe try some argan oil? There are two ways: moisturising or using some oils and the argan one is the best (my boyfriend's dermatologist says it's the only good one). Oily skin may be caused by a lot of problems, but one of the most popular is overproducing your own oils, so supplying it may be a stopper. At least you can try... I have extremely dry skin so eh, it's only the theory.
I would recommend to pass makeup for some time tho.

Posted

So I have veeeeery oily skin. To be fair, it's a good thing because it actually makes your skin age slower so you'll look young longer! 

But, either way, for most part it is down to your hormones. I have tried many recommended facial care routine and very few things actually helped. The Vichy Night Detox face cream seems to do some good for me but it still ends up being oily. I use blotting paper throughout the day to take off the excess oil. There's few things you can do to actually control the amount of sebum your skin produces. You can speak to your dermatologist and see if they can prescribe you something that will make your skin more dry. I know that certain combined birth control pills also have the effect of reducing oil production (one of the reasons why they are used as acne treatment) and I did see a bit of a difference in oil production once I was on the pill.

It depends on the person. It's important to wash your face but not too much because it will stimulate more excess sebum production to compensate for the dryness. A good face cream can help, but doesn't necessarily eliminate the problem. To be honest I think it's something that is best fought from within as it is mostly a hormonal issue.

Posted

Maybe try some argan oil? There are two ways: moisturising or using some oils and the argan one is the best (my boyfriend's dermatologist says it's the only good one). Oily skin may be caused by a lot of problems, but one of the most popular is overproducing your own oils, so supplying it may be a stopper. At least you can try... I have extremely dry skin so eh, it's only the theory.

ahh thankyou i will definitely try the  argan oil.

So I have veeeeery oily skin. To be fair, it's a good thing because it actually makes your skin age slower so you'll look young longer! 

But, either way, for most part it is down to your hormones. I have tried many recommended facial care routine and very few things actually helped. The Vichy Night Detox face cream seems to do some good for me but it still ends up being oily. I use blotting paper throughout the day to take off the excess oil. There's few things you can do to actually control the amount of sebum your skin produces. You can speak to your dermatologist and see if they can prescribe you something that will make your skin more dry. I know that certain combined birth control pills also have the effect of reducing oil production (one of the reasons why they are used as acne treatment) and I did see a bit of a difference in oil production once I was on the pill.

It depends on the person. It's important to wash your face but not too much because it will stimulate more excess sebum production to compensate for the dryness. A good face cream can help, but doesn't necessarily eliminate the problem. To be honest I think it's something that is best fought from within as it is mostly a hormonal issue.

yeah thats the only benefit of having an oily skin haha that you don't get much wrinkles and I do really need to visit the dermatologist cus now i think its because of my hormones 😟 Anyway thankyou so much😅

Posted

I have exactly the same problem, after I've washed my face in the morning my skin looks fine (not too oily and not dry either) then after an hour or so it begins to look super oily and shiny again and it makes me feel super self conscious. I only use water and a light cleanser for sensitive skin to wash my face and I only use this once a day (twice at most). I also use a light moisturiser as I've heard people say that using moisturiser prevents your skin getting oily, but for me it has had no effect. To make matters worse I also have pretty severe acne. I feel like your best option is going to a dermatologist/doctor as I too don't know of any effective solutions and I feel like that's my only option too.  

Does this really work? I have some argan oil at home and I use it on my hair and it does wonders, but I've never thought about using it on my skin (my skin is similar to OP's) because I thought oil would make it worse.

Posted

I have exactly the same problem, after I've washed my face in the morning my skin looks fine (not too oily and not dry either) then after an hour or so it begins to look super oily and shiny again and it makes me feel super self conscious. I only use water and a light cleanser for sensitive skin to wash my face and I only use this once a day (twice at most). I also use a light moisturiser as I've heard people say that using moisturiser prevents your skin getting oily, but for me it has had no effect. To make matters worse I also have pretty severe acne. I feel like your best option is going to a dermatologist/doctor as I too don't know of any effective solutions and I feel like that's my only option too.  

Does this really work? I have some argan oil at home and I use it on my hair and it does wonders, but I've never thought about using it on my skin (my skin is similar to OP's) because I thought oil would make it worse.

i think argan oils are one of those good oils that don't clog your pores and break you out? If you are going to try it then please update

Posted

It was said by a very good doctor and one of the two who helped my boyfriend to achieve nice looking skin while he had enormous problems. 

Argan oil rather can't make anything worse if you use it for a week. Also it has good influence on any skin type anyway even if isn't going to help with too much oil. 

You can try to use it everyday or twice a week... Up to you. 

My extremely dry skin has zero blamishes, but this year super dry air (decided to start using heating in my room - I switched it off again atm) caused some kind of mini acne and it may happens when it's too dry for skin and skin starts having something like inflammation plus overproducing tallow. I've been using argan oil and everything disappeared.

I also fight with my eczema and when every emolient/moisturizer irritate me - argan oil works. 

Doctor should pick your cosmetics/drugs individually anyway. 

Hope I helped a bit. 

Posted (edited)

I hope this helps! I have really have oily skin and I have been using this pomegranate soap by Korres. I thank my friend who recommended this and I have produced less oil. plus it's inexpensive where I'm from. it may work me, but give it a go!

i have a list of oils here for you to try as well :)

image.jpeg

Edited by lol fried

Posted

I hope this helps! I have really have oily skin and I have been using this pomegranate soap by Korres. I thank my friend who recommended this and I have produced less oil. plus it's inexpensive where I'm from. it may work me, but give it a go!

i have a list of oils here for you to try as well :)

image.jpeg

thankyou sooo much i will definitelygive a try

Posted

My skin is so oily i can easily do the glossy eyelids trend by just letting my greasy ass eyelids by themselves...

Jk, I do have oily skin but it was so much worse back then at my teenage years, i've been using La Roche Possay Effaclar Gel for skincare routine for several time (two years maybe??) and it's helping me a lot with this oil issue, i really try not to put so much on my face because usually it makes it worst, but idk, things works different depending on people and types of skin

Also, if you like to do makeup (i find it extremely difficult to find a good foundation for oily skin) i use Inglot's YSM Foundation and it works perfectly on oily skin type, at least on me, it produces A LOT less sebum than Maybelline, Gardnier or L'oreal Foundation. I hope you can find what works better on your skin :alpacaheadshake:

Posted (edited)

@Sorin

Seeing as you asked, just thought I'd give an update: I've been using argan oil rather than my usual moisturiser since this post and I have to say that it does seem to have had some effect. My skin is slightly less oily than it was. It does still get a little oily but it takes longer than it used to. However, my acne is still just as bad as it was previously.

(I don't know if I've tagged correctly haha).

Edited by BionicBumblebee