• Announcements

• Artists Wanted! (New Banner!!)   01/08/17

Hi everyone! With the new year, we want to continue to make some changes to the site. Firstly, we'd like to make a new banner! Artists who are interested in contributing, please get in touch with me with some samples of your work.  Thanks so much!

John Kuckian

45 posts in this topic

Posted

The thing with John is he has a really special type of humour imo, sometimes he's just making those videos out of shits and giggles like then one with the glitter makeup channel, I highly doubt that was him being serious but rather making a joke.

Posted

I wonder if there's any truth to kuckian's words. Basically he's saying that he made this liquid lipstick formula and decided not to use that specific lab then that lab gave the unfinished formula to a major brand to use without his permission. Apparently the formula can be harmful because it's actually not the final formula but he's not going to say anything because he's petty af

Posted

I personally enjoy him :P

Posted (edited)

I wonder if there's any truth to kuckian's words. Basically he's saying that he made this liquid lipstick formula and decided not to use that specific lab then that lab gave the unfinished formula to a major brand to use without his permission. Apparently the formula can be harmful because it's actually not the final formula but he's not going to say anything because he's petty af

I don't think he lied, but i just wish he would share which company stolen his formula and also which lipstick have his formula, so we could be sure 100%. I think it's suspicious, but why would he lie about something like that ? It's not even interesting. And he just shared this on snapchat, so it's not like it's going to make a buzz. So idk, i feel like it's legit, but yeah it's suspicious

Edited by Superboy

Posted

I don't think he lied, but i just wish he would share which company stolen his formula and also which lipstick have his formula, so we could be sure 100%. I think it's suspicious, but why would he lie about something like that ? It's not even interesting. And he just shared this on snapchat, so it's not like it's going to make a buzz. So idk, i feel like it's legit, but yeah it's suspicious

he's kinda known for making everything about him even though there's very little proof. It's like he's paranoid or something that everyone is out to copy him.

Posted (edited)

I don't believe it. John is honestly a nobody and he doesn't have an ounce of recognition within the beauty industry. A major brand wouldn't need nor want his formulas. Not only that, it's really unlikely that he's using a lab or factory that also houses any major brands. You can't just approach them like that. Jeffree was only able to use Kat's lab/factory because of her connection. Even if they had and the formula was potentially hazardous, no major house brand would mass produce it without thoroughly testing it because of potential lawsuits. 

All of that aside... John drags people for such minuscule issues, so I would side eye him and his morals for knowingly let a brand produce something that could harm their customers. That's not petty, that's just low and careless. 

And since when is stealing swatches and showing blurry screen caps a first impression or swatch video? What a cheap attempt at views. WYD, John?

Edited by Heaux

Posted

^^^ Exactly, he always talks big and says that he has "insider knowledge" when he's not even from the industry. Also, why is he making a makeup palette when he barely posts anything about makeup that doesn't involve bashing someone? Good luck making it in the industry when you're starting fires and burning bridges left and right 

Posted

Right. I'm not sure why he is trying to start his own makeup brand, when his content isn't really...beauty-related? It always seems like he thinks too highly of himself lol, but I think -- and this is just a speculation -- the brand he was talking about might be Burberry. Because they just released liquid lipsticks 3 days ago, and they're a UK-based brand. But I HIGHLY doubt that John Kuckian, a nobody compared to big-name brands, would be using the same factory as Burberry lol. They're just not on the same level.

Everything in a nutshell, pretty much:doge:

Posted

Honestly I don't like how he doesn't consider other cultures or countries when he makes points. In the Tana Mongeau stalker videos he mentions how "that doesn't seem like it'll happen. Here in the UK it doesn't." At least give the benefit of doubt like "they may do it in America. I'm not too sure about it because I'm not from there." It really ruins his credibility to me cause he does it in other videos as well. He bases things to be facts on his own experience. There are times I'm just listening to him and exclaim "yes! That does happen here!" 

Posted

I like him he's funny although lately I havent been to interested in his content

Posted

Honestly I don't like how he doesn't consider other cultures or countries when he makes points. In the Tana Mongeau stalker videos he mentions how "that doesn't seem like it'll happen. Here in the UK it doesn't." At least give the benefit of doubt like "they may do it in America. I'm not too sure about it because I'm not from there." It really ruins his credibility to me cause he does it in other videos as well. He bases things to be facts on his own experience. There are times I'm just listening to him and exclaim "yes! That does happen here!" 

yeah that kinda rubs me the wrong way too, when he made the video about Danielle Mansutti and the dog abuse (which is a whole other story and I think she's disgusting for treating her dog like that) He mentioned how there were no sockets for her to put in 'a night light' for the dog, like generally in bathrooms that there were no sockets in general whilst I'm sitting here having my radio plugged in when I'm showering idk its not good if you're all about 'investigation'

Posted

yeah that kinda rubs me the wrong way too, when he made the video about Danielle Mansutti and the dog abuse (which is a whole other story and I think she's disgusting for treating her dog like that) He mentioned how there were no sockets for her to put in 'a night light' for the dog, like generally in bathrooms that there were no sockets in general whilst I'm sitting here having my radio plugged in when I'm showering idk its not good if you're all about 'investigation'

Yeah, he does only look at the UK. Here it is illegal to have sockets in the bathroom, but in Poland and Spain and Portugal they have them. He just assumes that every country in the world has the same laws and the same sorts of people...

...Europe is generally not as crazy as the USA would be, but it's a small continent with small countries and in most places gun ownership is almost impossible to get unless it's for hunting. Some of his content is based largely on assumption and not actual fact as he always claims.

Posted

I'm tired of his sneaky attempts to show his unreleased cosmetics in videos dedicated to something else. Especially these with big names and big deals, like when well known beauty gurus were selling Morphe or this video about flammable JS lipstick. Like law says that you have to write if you're doing a paid review, but it's his own product so he doesn't have to write anything and can just taking everyone down and then - surprise - showing his oh-so-better product. Why aren't they released or at least have finished formulas when they are so amazing already? I think that he isn't any kind of chemist educated in creating cosmetic stuff, so if his lab is making it for him - why can't he share other oh-so-better products from this lab then? For his "family"? And why can't he release video about his products with an actual title saying it? Or something about creating your own line? Yeah, because he knows that it probably would be less popular. So he has to do things like "oh it's a weird smell... and bad ingredients... and it's flammable... AND OH LOOK IT'S COMPARISION BETWEEN JS AND MY PRODUCT!"

Not nice at all.

Posted

He has this email sign up link thing and I'm sure he's waiting to reach a certain amount of subscribers before launching so he knows the demand

I know I'm being petty but I hope his makeup line fails and I want to see him go down the route of Doe Deere and Jeffree Star -- having so much backlash that there is a cult hate 

Posted

I'm tired of his sneaky attempts to show his unreleased cosmetics in videos dedicated to something else. Especially these with big names and big deals, like when well known beauty gurus were selling Morphe or this video about flammable JS lipstick. Like law says that you have to write if you're doing a paid review, but it's his own product so he doesn't have to write anything and can just taking everyone down and then - surprise - showing his oh-so-better product. Why aren't they released or at least have finished formulas when they are so amazing already? I think that he isn't any kind of chemist educated in creating cosmetic stuff, so if his lab is making it for him - why can't he share other oh-so-better products from this lab then? For his "family"? And why can't he release video about his products with an actual title saying it? Or something about creating your own line? Yeah, because he knows that it probably would be less popular. So he has to do things like "oh it's a weird smell... and bad ingredients... and it's flammable... AND OH LOOK IT'S COMPARISION BETWEEN JS AND MY PRODUCT!"

Not nice at all.

I just think its unnecessary? Like people posting screenshots of certain anime/movies and then not adding which movie it is when someone asks e.e the result is the same. . .and it just irritates me 'yeah to be notified' lala no I don't wanna be notified I have ZERO clue of WHAT the hell you are producing and I can spare myself of spam mails or other stuff. . .like he's doing highlighters,eyeshadows,liquid lipsticks what else?? And all by himself when he hasn't done any significant content introducing his talent for makeup. . .like I wouldn't buy a pencil case from an artist who's never drawn? Or wasn#t well versed?!