sunscreens suited for daily use

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard that it's recommended to apply sunscreen everyday in order to prevent aging and damage from UV rays, but I'm having trouble finding affordable ones that don't look greasy and flaky once it dries up. I usually use drugstore brands like Nivea and no matter how much I massage my skin always end up looking white and flaky in certain areas and it's really obvious that I have sunscreen on. Do you know any affordable sunscreens that have a light texture and work well for dry/sensitive skin?

Posted

I use the Cetaphil Suntivity Liposomal lotion, have used it daily since I've started remembering to put sunscreen on whenever I leave the house. It's spf 50+ (highest you need, any higher and it won't really make a difference because SPF 100 doesn't stop 100% of UV rays), it's formulated for sensitive skin, is broad spectrum, doesn't block pores, isn't greasy, and is suitable under make up. Also it's like 20 AUD at priceline, so it's not that expensive (Especially since shit's marked up like crazy here)

The only thing is I don't know if it's available outside Australia. So if it isn't look for a sunscreen that's

• broad spectrum 
  • SPF 50-50+ 
  • 4 hours water resistant
  • Won't block pores
  • Is suitable under make up

That or, get a sports sunscreen for your body (Broad spectrum, high SPF, water resistant), and use a primer for dry skin with SPF in it.

Hope this helps!

Posted

for everyday sunscreen, i personally use the Oil Control Sun Cream from The Face Shop, it's pretty lightweight and dries up quickly on the skin. like all sunscreens, your skin might look a bit lighter after putting it on but you can't really help it since there's SPF. it's also infused with tea tree oil and aloe vera! so far, it works pretty well for me :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

The only invisible  sunscreen that doesn't leave any patches on my skin is Vichy Ideal Soleil Mattifying Face sunscreen, there are different types for dry, normal or oily skin. Though it's really expensive here in Ukraine( don't know about other countries).

Posted

It's not only recommended, it's the only thing that prevents aging. I'm hanging around dermatologists enough and even if they try to sell their customers products, in the end… they all agree: it all comes down to suncreen only. So don't feel bad about shelling out some cash for it. If you use an expensive one on your face only, it should last quite a while (but remember, they'll expire after a year) and it will be worth it in the end.

For sunscreen it also heavily depends where you live what they are allowed to sell over the counter. For me, La Roche-Posay has the best value for money and an amazingly wide range. For example a very light fluid, which I can re-apply over my make up during the day. I love that! In the morning I use a gel-type, which somehow works like a primer as well. They gave me samples at my pharmacy, though I don't know if that's common in the Ukraine?

Posted (edited)

I use the Missha all around safe block sun gel in I believe its 50 spf the texture it quite light. I bought it at a missha store but can also be found on amazon. It has not caused any breakouts and does not dry up 

I also use coppertone sensitive sunscreen  Its a bit thicker but does no get dry or cause breakouts. I used to use neutrogenia but it seems some of their products do not do well for my skin. It can be found at places like target. Coopertone clear sheer is also pretty good - I just don't really like the bottle design haha

And yes wearing sunscreen daily is a good thing to do ^^

Edited by sparkle.strawberry
added something

Posted

Oh, another thing.

Get a chemical barrier sunscreen, not a physical barrier sunscreen. Chemical barriers absorb into the skin, and probably work better with make up. I just have no idea what the active ingredient in chemical barrier ones is... I know physical is zinc oxide.

Posted

I really like the Biore Sarasara sunscreen  . it is spf 50 and it isn't greasy and more like water. its working pretty good for me and it absorbs pretty fast into the skin for me. its $10 USD right now on amazon.

Posted

I really like the Biore Sarasara sunscreen  . it is spf 50 and it isn't greasy and more like water. its working pretty good for me and it absorbs pretty fast into the skin for me. its $10 USD right now on amazon.

i use this sunscreen aswell and i love it 💕💕 i have already used 2 of these and now currently on the third one

Posted (edited)

I love Shiseido's Expert Sun Protection Lotion for Sensitive skin and kids it was a skin saver! - if you're darker it might have a slight white cast though - at least at first!

Sunscreens I can't recommend are the ones by La Rocher Posay! At least the sun creams available in Europe (although people say they are better than the ones available in America etc), they contain too much alcohol for my liking and PEEL, it looks disgusting under makeup and even on their own they look horrible!

Avène has nice sunscreens too, at least the matte one was good (I don't remember if it contains [a lot of] alcohol, it had a pretty strong white cast, but if you don't mind that, it's pretty good)!

I tried almost every sunscreen from drugstores to those 3 higher end brands and Shiseido and Avène seem to be the best at the moment!

Lancaster has a nice gel like sunscreen too, it's completely transparent and silicony, might be a good primer! I didn't try it though - because 50 ml cost 28€ - which was a deal breaker for me tbh. The Shiseido one was the most expensive sunscreen I've tried yet at 38€ for 100 ml 

Edited by holalola
had to correct a few mistakes lol

Posted (edited)

If you are very sensitive I recommend physical (aka mineral) sunscreens, because the sunblocking ingredients tend to be less harsh on the skin. Unfortunately almost all of them leave some kind of white cast, therefore I suggest getting a tinted one. Usually, they contain just enough pigment to get rid of the white particles and slightly even out your skintone (They are not the same as foundations - Plus you can't really wear face make up on top of physical sunscreens, since that would disrupt the barrier) 

Chemical sunscreens are a lot more convenient and work as make up bases, however I find that the ingredients irritate my skin.

Edited by winesparkle

Posted

I love Shiseido's Expert Sun Protection Lotion for Sensitive skin and kids it was a skin saver! - if you're darker it might have a slight white cast though - at least at first!

Sunscreens I can't recommend are the ones by La Rocher Posay! At least the sun creams available in Europe (although people say they are better than the ones available in America etc), they contain too much alcohol for my liking and PEEL, it looks disgusting under makeup and even on their own they look horrible!

Avène has nice sunscreens too, at least the matte one was good (I don't remember if it contains [a lot of] alcohol, it had a pretty strong white cast, but if you don't mind that, it's pretty good)!

I tried almost every sunscreen from drugstores to those 3 higher end brands and Shiseido and Avène seem to be the best at the moment!

Lancaster has a nice gel like sunscreen too, it's completely transparent and silicony, might be a good primer! I didn't try it though - because 50 ml cost 28€ - which was a deal breaker for me tbh. The Shiseido one was the most expensive sunscreen I've tried yet at 38€ for 100 ml 

Maybe you're talking about this one https://www.eau-thermale-avene.fr/solaire/protection-solaire/peaux-sensibles-sensitive-protection/cleanance-solaire-spf-50 ?
I have it and it's pretty good it does leave somehow of a white cast but eh, Avene in general is a good brand with good products if you're more prone to acne I dont know about alcohol in it though but so far my skin didn't react badly to the product

Posted

I use Aveeno hydrate+ almost everyday, it's alittle greasey so I don't recommend it for people with oily skin, I don't wear foundation when I use this but it may feel slightly heavy if you do. For my skintype I never breakout wearing this and it's waterproof. I recommend it for your face and body.

AVO-15180-1.jpg