• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

iamkareno / karen yeung

229 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol how is posting a vid you literally created with your own two hands "creating a false narrative"? Someone calling attention to something you literally did is not creating a false narrative about you jesus christ. 

'I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative'

Posted (edited)

my god.. they look like mean girls irl wtf? cackling rude b*tches. lol karen is almost 30 and engaged and she still acts like a dumb teenage girl? she really has no shame at all

Edited by gingercat991

Posted

yikes...just the fact that she thought it was ok to even post that shit in the first place shows her maturity level. i saw the vernon thing on twitter when I woke up but i didn’t know it was connected to her until just now. Since when is being mixed a bad thing?? And how you gonna laugh at someone’s name when yours is /Karen/? I thought something was off about her when I first saw one of her videos and I definitely do not think highly of her now. I was indifferent about her two friends but since birds of a feather flock together I bet they’re just as bitchy.

I highly doubt she grew at all, if any.

Posted

Extreme TW for this post

Does anyone remember that awful controversy with her "Back To School" video?

The music was chill music with Japanese sayings in it and someone had translated them. The translations were erotic sayings of just..innapropriate disgusting things...

(topics such as incest)

The track on SoundCloud has since been removed.

screenshots under spoilers

snip_1.thumb.PNG.f3d9f2461f5b1af30691810

snip_7.thumb.PNG.8c271b940946030462b7c64

Plus she called it Japanese inspired and people were telling her it looked more like Korean makeup? Someone thought it was kind of insensitive to use it interchangeably.

snip_2.thumb.PNG.4ee74769fe56e6cbb316f92

snip_3.thumb.PNG.fd08ec934f8e2917e6377b8

snip_4.thumb.PNG.b46f0fc717f7063366d9fe0

snip_5.thumb.PNG.c7e5e10f092373f30442c48snip_6.thumb.PNG.8c94ae34a4b101f4565f5ac

Posted

Wow this bitch really has to jump onto EVERY SINGLE TREND doesn't she???

Posted

'asmr aesthetic' wot :alpacaconfused:

Posted

The way she hops onto different trends and interchanges Japanese, Korean, and Chinese, it's like she's going through an identity crisis on her channel 

Posted

The way she hops onto different trends and interchanges Japanese, Korean, and Chinese, it's like she's going through an identity crisis on her channel 

that and also it just feels like she craves attention so badly lmao....

shame cause i used to really like her content 

Posted

I know this thread is basically dead, but - her new hair cut is so bad lol. I'm watching her new video where she is wearing a long black wig, and it looks so good on her, and I just wish she would let her hair grow outttt. I don't even have to be that long, even the a long bob is better than her 90's mom hair cut. 

lol. 

Hi! First post here eheh. Kind of off-topic but I just wanted to rant a bit about third gen kpop fans. I used to be a huge kpop fan in 2009-2011 when kara/super junior/shinee/dbsk/wonder girls were still a thing. And no hate to third gen kpop fans and new groups, but after exo/bts/twice/blackpink got popular and a bunch of new fans joined the kpop fandom, I realized they are SO OBNOXIOUS. For example, I'm really upset that blackpink's AIIYL got so much recognition, while snsd's TENTH ANNIVERSARY comeback only got like one week of promotion and barely any views even though they did pioneer kpop with Gee back in 2009. And I'm not hating newer groups at all, in fact, bp is my fav group right now and it's great that they did so well with their comeback, (2ne1 was my all time fav, so they kind of replaced them) but I'm sick of how new kpop fans act and how they don't know any songs and groups before 2016

So true. I got in kpop in I think like 10/11, so kind of on the tail end of the second gen. scene. I've never really followed a lot of groups tbh, I was more into TV shows when I was going through depression because they were so ridiculous, and I could forget about my own life lol. But I don't remember fandoms being so petty and catty. Like there wasn't as much as a "my group is SUPERIORRRR." The fandoms of today are trash, and the poor out everywhere. I can watch the most random video that has nothing to do with Korea or Kpop and there will be a fan war between BTS fans and Exo fans (idk their club names or whatever, sorry). I think I was watching a nature vlogger the other day and there was a comment, with over 200 other comments because this person had a BTS member as their profile pic. lol. It is just too much. 

Back on topic, also that video she did with Hyulari(?) was so boring, and she was trying to act all motherly, it was so weird.

Posted (edited)

Extreme TW for this post

Does anyone remember that awful controversy with her "Back To School" video?

The music was chill music with Japanese sayings in it and someone had translated them. The translations were erotic sayings of just..innapropriate disgusting things...

Hidden Content

The track on SoundCloud has since been removed.

screenshots under spoilers

Hidden Content

Plus she called it Japanese inspired and people were telling her it looked more like Korean makeup? Someone thought it was kind of insensitive to use it interchangeably.

Hidden Content

which back to school video was it?

edit: i found it nevermind 

Edited by mizuhara

Posted (edited)

uuughh, i dislike karen!!  

sorry if some of the stuff i mentioned is repeated

She's unoriginal and copies other influencer's work while trying to pass it off as her own. I don't keep up with her anymore, but back in April she posted a tutorial of a peachy cut creased eye look that resembled exactly like a smaller guru (at the time) named Jessica Vu. After being called out in the comments she finally addressed the issue by saying, "GUYS! Thanks for watching! FYI! THIS BTS CONCERT MAKEUP LOOK IS INSPIRED BY JESICA VU! Subscribe to her channel.". Guuurl why do you need to make a tutorial for a look that already exists ... ? In the same video she was called out by Oliviya Nora for using music without credit. Her boyfriend ended up taking responsibility for this.

This girl has a history of stealing and copying, trying to make her style appear to look unique when it isn't. She isn't even original with her interior designing. She ripped off Claire at one point and when people called her out, she changed the caption of the photo to "@HeyClaire! I got the same bed as you. It's not nearly finished but it's slowly coming together."

u2qnxAh.png

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.897e7b92d07202

Someone bigger than her needs to call her out and put her in her place. It's so sad because she reminds me of how Michelle Phan was back in the day, always stealing work without crediting. But then again she is one of Michelle's puppets. haha

Edited by Kusekii

Posted

uuughh, i dislike karen!!  

sorry if some of the stuff i mentioned is repeated

She's unoriginal and copies other influencer's work while trying to pass it off as her own. I don't keep up with her anymore, but back in April she posted a tutorial of a peachy cut creased eye look that resembled exactly like a smaller guru (at the time) named Jessica Vu. After being called out in the comments she finally addressed the issue by saying, "GUYS! Thanks for watching! FYI! THIS BTS CONCERT MAKEUP LOOK IS INSPIRED BY JESICA VU! Subscribe to her channel.". Guuurl why do you need to make a tutorial for a look that already exists ... ? In the same video she was called out by Oliviya Nora for using music without credit. Her boyfriend ended up taking responsibility for this.

This girl has a history of stealing and copying, trying to make her style appear to look unique when it isn't. She isn't even original with her interior designing. She ripped off Claire at one point and when people called her out, she changed the caption of the photo to "@HeyClaire! I got the same bed as you. It's not nearly finished but it's slowly coming together."

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Someone bigger than her needs to call her out and put her in her place. It's so sad because she reminds me of how Michelle Phan was back in the day, always stealing work without crediting. But then again she is one of Michelle's puppets. haha

yeah she pretty much makes exact copies of whatever is trendy at the moment. cant even be counted as "inspired" really when there are barely any differences. back when it was super popular on tumblr with the pastel clothes, white tennis skirts, the japanese graphic shirts, egg graphics, and the grid pattern clothes, she acted as if she started the trend and michelle even said that karen cultivated the style and named it "bbhoodz" or some shit. she also used to copy jennim a lot. i remember when she posted that bedroom picture and everyone was asking her if she moved to the same apartment complex as claire because her apartment's floors and walls looked exactly the same. that is really fucking creepy. but to make matters worse, she got the same bed and similar room decor as claire. she pretty much just got famous for making knockoffs of successful already existing videos/photos and because she was friends with michelle for a while. it annoys me how she uses japanese as an aesthetic, like how she put japanese in her asmr video just for the aesthetic and how she pretty much couldnt tell a difference between korean style and japanese style and made a korean makeup look and slapped "japanese-inspired" in the title.

Posted

Omg she's really looking rough lately.. 

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 6.29.47 PM.png

Posted

Is this a joke? Why does she have 2 sets of eyebrows? :S

Posted

WHAT KIND OF GRANDMA PERM TEAS OH MY FUCKING