What makeup style do you prefer?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you or anyone know who she is?

I believe she is a model named Ashley Moore

Posted

I really dig the so called "French approach" with the emphasis on more casual and "natural" looks. I've toned down the amount of makeup I use in recent times. I honestly can't be bothered with concealer and color correcting, and besides, no amount of coverage is really going to cover that I have a few small bumps on my face. I still think I look cute with light coverage powder foundation and something like a little lipstick/blush/tinted balm, sometimes blush and lips.

I'm over the overly "dewy" look bc it's so humid where I live atm. And I never cared for a finish so matte that it absorbs all light and makes my face look flat. I'm all about satin finishes. In general I guess I'm tired of overly polished looks. I like the Meia sisters' makeup on IG because they don't have 100% perfect skin. You can see their acne marks and stuff.

Also, I love blush! I love igari makeup where blush is placed closer to the eye. It's so cute and unique! I get the most compliments when I wear blush that way.

Posted

i loooove the no foundation/concealer makeup look, where people have their freckles, redness, blemishes and breakouts or whatever and still plop a fierce winged liner and sharp brows on top. idk it looks so cute

Posted

I literally love any makeup style.

But for myself, I love heavy, dramatic looks. I don't really do heavy contour, but I love me a bold eye & lip.

maxresdefault.jpg

ead5f8ddccf5bfe86df3472cb08e43aa--sparkl

0ba9299e19a908e781201e7a01847dc3--makeup

Usually just stick to winged eyeliner and whatever lipstick I'm feeling for an everyday look.

Although I like natural looks, I tend to personally steer clear of them whenever I'm going out because my acne just takes away from it all :')

Posted (edited)

I'm a mix. I guess you'd say I do 'draping' (?) where my blush goes up towards my temple and above my brow. I also like to sweep the residual blush on my nose. I like the French approach to makeup too. I wear different colours of lip but people take note of red. I don't do winged liner except for special occasions. It depends on who you're talking to because some people see the Korean influence in that I like those popular corals they have in every lipstick collection. I'll contour and highlight if I feel like it. 

Edited by Tsubaki
Idk if it is draping. It's a pseudo-technique.

Posted

I don't wear much make up but I when I do it's usually barefaced/BB cream, pale pink tinted lips with red/pink around the eyes cause it gives a kinda sleepy/tired look which I weirdly find cute.

Posted

most days i dont wear anything except brow gel... if i do wanna put on eyeshadow ill usually just put one solid color all over and nothing else. i dont wear foundation because my skin is alright and it just doesnt suit me but on bad days ill put on some concealer i guess? i dont always wear eyeshadow but when i do its usually a bright yellow, red or peach :alpacaheadshake: sometimes ill wear transparent lip gloss too cuz its cute i guess, or highlighter if i feel REALLY fancy

Posted

I'm the worst at makeup, honestly... I can never find a good look. As in, I'll have natural brows and then dramatic everything else. Or I'll nail it all only to have muddy eyeshadow. I also can't do contour and eyeliner as I don't really have the time to practise - I only do my makeup when I'm going out, and I'm defo not going out with unblended contour streaks and wonky cat wings, you know?

So right now, I've decided to make it very minimal; colour correcting (my eyebags are really bad, and I'm sure I have mild rosacea or smth like that), foundation, concealer, highlight (not sparkly, just on the tip of my nose to emphasise how its button like), mascara, filled in but barely shaped eyebrows, blush, pink or nude (light light brown) eyeshadow.... Huh, maybe not so minimal. But I think it works! 

I really would love to have the confidence to be barefaced, but I have quite visible blackheads/sebaceous filaments on my nose. And I quite like the shape of my nose so that sucks :( Any ideas on what to do? I'm at college now so I can have my own outfits and stuff. 

Posted

For me it depends on my days in what I want to stand out. Like I love doing igari and putting beauty Mark under my lip and under eye and do soft natural red flush colours.

Or I love a mix of a cut crease and spiky lashes and the ulzzang ombre lips. I love LOVEEEE using nude naked palette with my cut crease 

It depends on if I feel sexy or cute lol when I wake up

Posted (edited)

I'd say that I love weird makeup. I'm not the kind of person who wears makeup everyday, but I sometimes do it as a hobby. I'd say that my style resembles Kelsey Ann's one (from the Kat Von D Artistry Collective. Video below). Gradients and gloss are my favourites. 

I found the inari look cute too, but I'm more of a person who wears extravagant makeup. A brand that suits my style, for example  is Lime Crime (even though I'd never buy from them for obvious reasons.)

Edited by Fitzherbert

Posted

Although I don't wear makeup, I'd really love to learn how to do that no makeup/model makeup look. Emily Ratajkowski's makeup style would be a prime example of that :alpacalove: I love how instead of looking like she's wearing makeup, it just looks like she has very healthy glowing skin.

Posted

I love makeup. :alpacalove:
I think vampy would be the most appropriate word. Primarily inspired by Morticia, Vampira and Elvira. Also inspired by: drag queens {I appreciate the fearlessness}, film noir, old school pinups and Betty Boop. On a day to day basis, I like a simple but dramatic look: lightly fill in my hairline and eyebrows, little bit of concealer, a black retro-style cat eye, curl my eyelashes, mascara and a defined lip {usually a vibrant red; sometimes black or burgundy}. Occasionally, when the mood strikes, I'll do false lashes too.

Every now and then, if I have more time in the morning to get ready, I'll do a nude-pink lip instead and that shakes up my entire makeup routine. When I wear a nude lip, I do more with the rest of my makeup to compensate for how dull it makes me feel. Contouring, baking, a little highlight, big lashes and one thing that feels random and fun e.g. an elongated glitter cat eye or sparkly "freckles" or a drawn on little heart/tear/star {depends on my mood}.

Posted

I don't have a makeup style preference (love them all p much). For myself though, I'm gravitating towards wearing less and less lately. I'm very minimalist when it comes to how much makeup I own and I don't like anything that takes too much time. Now I just mainly wear BB cream. I have long natural lashes and sometimes find mascara to be a pain. I wish I liked how lipstick looked on me. 

I have a thing for eye shadow and highlight palettes but almost never let myself buy one. 

I've been wanting to get my makeup done professionally. I'd love to experiment more with styles but I really need someone to help in person. None of my friends have ever been big makeup wearers.

Posted

It changes depending on how I feel or what my skin looks like but these days I really like the makeup korean girl groups wear with the orange/peach eye and the bright lip? It makes me feel really energetic.

I generally gravitate more towards bright lipsticks because it's easy to just make them look good because my lips are two toned and one of the tones is super dark.

Posted

I do not know exactly what style I like ... But I love the aesthetics of elle,  I like something more natural, innocent ...

IMG_20170913_005308.JPG