What makeup style do you prefer?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

These days i have been loving the 'igari makeup'style. I think this makeup trend started from japan and people started doing it in korea and in different asian countries . Igari makeup is basically a natural makeup with a lot of blush near the eyes,on the cheeks and sometimes little blush on the nose aswell to make you look like you are drunk lol. I think its really cute and makes you look very innocent,youthful and lovely. .

here are some of the example of igari makeup

IMG_7156.JPG

IMG_7157.JPG

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7159.JPG

IMG_7160.JPG

IMG_7161.JPG

IMG_7162.JPG

Posted (edited)

IMG_7156.JPG

IMG_7161.JPG

c44559c4465ba520dfdddc6b0aab4aec.thumb.j

Screen_Shot_2016-07-23_at_18.54.23.thumb

This is pretty much my everyday look because I really love how simple and innocent it looks (as well as the fact that I can do this makeup in under 5 minutes). Also clear, healthy skin seems to be the main focus of the look which I really love :alpacacrush:

If I have a bit more time than usual in the morning or if I'm going somewhere special i'll use more eyeshadow to make my eyes appear bigger and maybe contour a bit?

I also love this sort of look for when i'm wearing something a bit more.. (idk what do you call it?) bold, dark, fierce?

Like holy shit look at that eyeliner :alpacalove:

fanbingbing_01.thumb.jpg.3f3a94521aee661

Edited by flower

Posted

I really like the look of I think it's Kira Kira make-up style. I wanna try and wear it myself. It's so cute and sparkly. I like the Igari style also!

The pinkness is lovely but I don't know if my skin tone would make me look to piggy to wear it aha xD

kira2.png

Posted

I really like the look of I think it's Kira Kira make-up style. I wanna try and wear it myself. It's so cute and sparkly. I like the Igari style also!

The pinkness is lovely but I don't know if my skin tone would make me look to piggy to wear it aha xD

kira2.png

I found that the greatest way to get away with wearing any sort of make up is giving zero fucks about how other people think you look, and only caring about how you think you look in it. Like, well I have a mint green lipstick that (personally) makes me look less dead than the pink lipstick in the same line, and well it's a cool colour. 

Though, if you are worried about the pink looking weird, try a more orangey colour. Like, a coral/peach colour, or like full on orange. It can be really cute as well!! Also get a decent lash glue (or other skin safe adhesive, I like lash glue cause it's tested for use around the eyes), cause it's the best thing for sticking rhinestones on and having them last for ages. I use the Duo one, white to clear, but you can use whichever one you want (Also the duo one smells like fish, which is gross but it works). I really like this style of make-up as well. It's so cute and fun!

Though I've realised that there aren't many make up styles I won't wear. They are:

• Instagram baddie
  • That drag like look
  • Anything that requires a lot of eyelid space. I've got rather hooded eyes, and because my brows are so close to my eyes I don't really have space to do a dramatic cut crease.
  • Nude lips
  • Stupidly overdrawn lips
  • Georgian white painted face, red lips, rosy cheeks, and beauty mark
  • Mask like foundation. You know, the type that makes you look like your skin is a mask?
  • Instagram eyebrows
  • Thinly plucked brows

Pretty much anything bar that I've tried, or am willing to try at some point. Especially the OTT SFX make up.

Posted

I found that the greatest way to get away with wearing any sort of make up is giving zero fucks about how other people think you look, and only caring about how you think you look in it. Like, well I have a mint green lipstick that (personally) makes me look less dead than the pink lipstick in the same line, and well it's a cool colour. 

Though, if you are worried about the pink looking weird, try a more orangey colour. Like, a coral/peach colour, or like full on orange. It can be really cute as well!! Also get a decent lash glue (or other skin safe adhesive, I like lash glue cause it's tested for use around the eyes), cause it's the best thing for sticking rhinestones on and having them last for ages. I use the Duo one, white to clear, but you can use whichever one you want (Also the duo one smells like fish, which is gross but it works). I really like this style of make-up as well. It's so cute and fun!

I'm 20 and I've only just got the courage to try make-up at all recently aha! I have a bright blue lipstick that I've reserved myself to wearing just around the house because of my worries xD Confidence is always difficult.

I think maybe the peach/coral would be a great alternative, I'll try it soon. Thanks for the advice ^^

Posted (edited)

c158f09d-9b7f-43af-b29b-1d82dcd319cc.thu

7ecf054e-f367-4e51-a652-4f51f230e852.thu3b816629-7804-414c-8b51-095f91b6cfa0.thu

My current daily makeup:

>Natural brows 

>Earth toned matte eyeshadows + bit of champagne highlight on the inner corner (If I'm feeling a kinda extra that day lol :alpacacrush:)

>Any kind of foundation makes my skin feel so uncomfortable so I just put some primer and a small amount of peach toned highlight for a dewy-ish look

>Tiny winged eyeliner 

>I ADORE blush. I just put some on my cheeks and it makes me feel like a little elf. I've never seen the blush near the eyes before but It looks super cute!! I use the Too Faced Flush blush and it's just so adorable :alpacalove: ( I hope that didn't sound like bragging or anything :alpacadone: They are kinda expensive considering it's just blush... but it's definetly worth it, If you see one on sale! ^_^)

PicsArt_01-01-09.02.47.thumb.jpg.f9622f3

>I love rosy and cherry colored lipsticks and lip balms~ Especially the ones that taste and smell like fruits or vanilla (kinda childish of me but oh well :P) I like the matte lipstick look and trend (not the extreme over-lined ones) but I don't understand how people's lips don't instantly dry up? Does anyone have any tips with that?  

>I can't really wear mascara so instead I just curl my lashes. I've been trying to grow my lashes and castor oil mixed with some vitamin E is amazing for lash growth tbh!~ (It's great for eyebrow growth too ^_^)

Edited by lumin

Posted

Any kind of foundation makes my skin feel so uncomfortable so I just put some primer and a small amount of peach toned highlight for a dewy-ish look

I feel you! On one hand I love a good coverage on the other hand I hate the feeling of having makeup on :D

This is only a personal experience and recommendation, of course no one hs to wear foundation!

- for a long long time especially when I was younger I mixed a bit heavy covering foundation with loads of face moisturizer. Felt very light!

- Super watery foundations are love. You know those which you put on your face in drops instead of squeezes? Dior has suvh makeup but also cheaper brands. I have one for about 6 bucks which is very good!

- Cushions. I got one from Lancome (because I need to try colors before buying and didn't like the dewy look of the cheaper western ones) anf it feels like a hint of silk on your skin. I need only 3 fingertips for my whole face which is actually kind of a hint of nothing! I first tested it out in a store and let them put it on my face. I can just recommend doing so with every foundation!

> I love rosy and cherry colored lipsticks and lip balms~ Especially the ones that taste and smell like fruits or vanilla (kinda childish of me but oh well :P) I like the matte lipstick look and trend (not the extreme over-lined ones) but I don't understand how people's lips don't instantly dry up? Does anyone have any tips with that?  

I wear luquid lipsticks soooo often and never had problems. Here is my "routine"

- ever now and then when I feel like so I exfoliate my lip with a wet frottee or sugar an honey. This makes my litltle lipflakes be gone.

- before I start appliying my mae up I put amoisturiing lip balm (or simple fat cream) on my lips. I cannot recommend labello or so becaue it isn'tmoisturizing enoughimo. Ilove Burts&Bees and Carmex

- I wish all the excess o balm off and use a creamy lpliner and fill all my lips. Is also good for coverage and it looks good longer and it fills little lines.

- put on the lipstick.

This is actually my routine fir whatever lip product. And, if I am not ill like right now, I never had problems. But everyone is different though :)

Posted

>I can't really wear mascara so instead I just curl my lashes. I've been trying to grow my lashes and castor oil mixed with some vitamin E is amazing for lash growth tbh!~ (It's great for eyebrow growth too ^_^)

If you want longer lashes, Revitalash has a great eyelash conditioner which you put on your lash line and it helps your eyelashes grow over time. It works so long as you keep using it. I put it on right before sleep, it doesn't feel like anything. In 6 months I had lashes that reach to my eyebrows! After that you can use it once every other night. It is a bit pricey but it is definitely worth it and it definitely works, I'd really recommend it! 

What it pretty much does is that it basically prolongs the period before the lash falls off. Lashes naturally fall off after a certain point, but Revitalash works so that the growth phase of the lashes is longer. 

This is their website, I use Revitalash Advanced for my lashes. They also have a range of brow products also but I didn't try any except for the tinted brow gel, but tbh it's a bit too expensive for what it's worth so I just use the brushes that come with it and my old brow gel xD 

----

When it comes to make up, I like my foundation, a bit of contouring, and brown eyeshadow, I like copper shades particularly, which I put in a gradient (white in the inner corner, then a light brown or medium, then a dark brown and blend, and the light brown on the lower lash line) and black winged eyeliner. A bit of blush and golden highlight as well. I don't like the look of the instagram brow so only use brow gel to enhance my natural eyebrows. Mascara, and a lipstick, sometimes in a dark pink shade, but I also like nudes and purples. I experiment sometimes but I like to enhance the blue in my eyes so I try and keep my eyeshadow brown or reddish-brown :) 

Posted

I really love igari style makeup too! My daily looks always resemble something like this:

83ae26f6aaca5ea1d062b02e060363fb.jpg

If I feel like doing an extra step, I'll add a shimmery highlight shade to the inner corner of my eyes. I have monolids, I find that step to be super effective whenever I want my eyes to look big. I always use cool-tone eyeshadows though, because I have a neutral skin undertone and using too much warmth on my face can make my skin look yellow and sallow-looking. If I feel like adding some color, I always go for pinks and reds to bring out the reddish undertones of my dark brown eyes.

Posted

I really love igari style makeup too! My daily looks always resemble something like this:

83ae26f6aaca5ea1d062b02e060363fb.jpg

If I feel like doing an extra step, I'll add a shimmery highlight shade to the inner corner of my eyes. I have monolids, I find that step to be super effective whenever I want my eyes to look big. I always use cool-tone eyeshadows though, because I have a neutral skin undertone and using too much warmth on my face can make my skin look yellow and sallow-looking. If I feel like adding some color, I always go for pinks and reds to bring out the reddish undertones of my dark brown eyes.

I love reddish colours on my eyes as well!! Like, my more natural eye looks usually use a burgundy shadow (that is such a stupid word to spell) with (or instead of) a dark brown, and one of my favourite looks is like, a goldy brown eye with red on the lower lash line, it looks so cool!

Posted (edited)

All my looks come from the urban decay smoky eye palette, Mac lipsticks, and too faced "better than sex" mascara. Even though I have never attempted it, my favorite makeup style is also the drunk look!

Edited by Cherrypopper

Posted

- I always wet my spoolie and rub it on a bar of soap to brush through my bushy eyebrows and I'm pretty sure this style is called the "soap brow" and it's apparently a trend right now or used to be I guess and yeah

- I can't go out without my catty eyeliner because my eyes look extremely naked without them

- I do the igari makeup style with the blush and pack it on to my cheek and nose area

- I sometimes just wear a simple chapstick or put on a peachy toned lipstick

- and I can't forget my mascara!!!!!

my makeup basically looks like this but with an eyeliner :) 

mldwwpc4_1446620213.jpg

Posted

mine is very American .-.

I normally do winged liner contour and highlight and if i'm feeling frisky some false lashes. and i LOVE a bold lip

images (6).jpg

images (7).jpg

images (8).jpg

Posted

c158f09d-9b7f-43af-b29b-1d82dcd319cc.thu

Do you or anyone know who she is?