Tripod/Elbow-san

56 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm curious who he is.  He's very wealthy, he's decently tall, and with that hair he definitely runs his own company or service. (A traditional Japanese company would never be okay with that hair).  She showed he has his own office area at their home.  

Does he have french heritage?  

Posted

I'm curious who he is.  He's very wealthy, he's decently tall, and with that hair he definitely runs his own company or service. (A traditional Japanese company would never be okay with that hair).  She showed he has his own office area at their home.  

Does he have french heritage?  

Is it must to dig in his personal life?

Posted

He's more than allowed his own privacy and can share what he feels comfortable with, considering months ago we didn't even hear his voice/get a glimpse and now his face is out there I'd say thats more than enough for any of us really.

He has no obligation at all to anyone especially randoms over the internet. 

So really its all our own speculation and in the end I know we don't really care but its fun to guess.

I'm 99% certain he's Chinese from Hong Kong :alpacawink:

Posted

they are cute together

but I wonder how she reacted to this comment:

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 9.41.01 AM.png

yoooooooo savage

Posted

By the way, in one of her videos she talked about how she bought a new office chair to replace the one her BF got her because the gifted one didn't fit in with her "style". Was I the only one that felt kind of bad for elbow-san? I know when I gift somebody something, I just want to see them using it. so when the person I gifted it doesn't use it I feel very awkward and under appreciated. I wonder how he felt about that?

Posted

By the way, in one of her videos she talked about how she bought a new office chair to replace the one her BF got her because the gifted one didn't fit in with her "style". Was I the only one that felt kind of bad for elbow-san? I know when I gift somebody something, I just want to see them using it. so when the person I gifted it doesn't use it I feel very awkward and under appreciated. I wonder how he felt about that?

yeah i believe in one of her videos where she showed her office she said that the chair is in his office now, and that she wanted a more clean/white look for her office (?? im not sure if this is what she said but it was something along those lines. sorry if im twisting her words now). but yeah i feel kinda bad for him... :// 

Posted

I mixed that with an answer in the general video thread. I think it's still her using it, just not in that office space. That space is for filming:

Guess it's the same about the office chair. I was too fast too judge. She's using the upper Mezzanine as her video space (or one of her video spaces, that is) and she's right. That chair  wouldn't fit in with the aesthetics. Just like other vloggers (Zoella e.g. has a whole bedroom designated only to filming I think?) I hope she uses it nevertheless while editing!

Posted

Is it must to dig in his personal life?

I just said I was curious.  Is it a must for you to be bothered by that?   

Why does this thread exist if people aren't supposed to discuss him?  

It's kind of pointless if we're not allowed to even say things like "I'm curious".  

I don't really care one way or another. This is a gossip site to me and I was just curious if anyone had heard anything. That's why I posted that.  

Posted

In light of recent discussions I would like to clarify: Elbow-san's status hasn't changed as far as personal information is concerned. While he's revealed his face, he's still in the 'family/ friends' category. He's not made a YT channel, he's not an internet/ public personality, he's basically just 'some guy', albeit one that's dating a YTer.

As much as we can wonder about Elbow-san, any questions about him should not and will not be answered unless Taylor or he reveals information themselves.

also referring to him as Elbow-san while making a serious post feels ridiculous :alpacadone:

Posted

In light of recent discussions I would like to clarify: Elbow-san's status hasn't changed as far as personal information is concerned. While he's revealed his face, he's still in the 'family/ friends' category. He's not made a YT channel, he's not an internet/ public personality, he's basically just 'some guy', albeit one that's dating a YTer.

As much as we can wonder about Elbow-san, any questions about him should not and will not be answered unless Taylor or he reveals information themselves.

also referring to him as Elbow-san while making a serious post feels ridiculous :alpacadone:

In that case, I kind wonder if there should be a thread on him at all.  It's going to feel like a place to discuss him and ask questions, but then it's not.  Many may not know what has or has not been revealed since they may not be paying that much attention.  

However, if he doesn't fall under PULL's category of okay to discuss that much, than a thread about him would seem contrary from the start.  

It seems like "here's a thread for information about him", but "don't discuss information about him that Tay hasn't revealed".  

Well, people who aren't closely following things won't know what has or hasn't without asking. The likely first question is going to be, "Who is he?"  Which is something that hasn't been revealed.  

I don't know, it just seems like a bad idea to have this thread at all. It'll invite gossip and questions about him.   

Posted

I take that point. This thread was created before Taylor ever mentioned Elbow-san as her bf and that he wanted his own privacy, and indeed was made because she used a tripod in an attempt to dispel rumours of there being someone filming her.

After some consideration, I've decided to lock this thread (but leave it visible). Should anyone want to post Taylor's updates on Elbow-san, we can do so in the respective Taylor threads already up (social media, video etc.).

It'll be reopened if Elbow-san ever decides to be more public with his presence.