• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Dallas Jacobi Niswanderwynn: daelien_

396 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll try to talk to her but if I was in her place I'd be really upset. Also stop downvoting me youre ruining what little reputation I had built up just by stating a different opinion... :alpacaworry2:

Posted

I'll try to talk to her but if I was in her place I'd be really upset. Also stop downvoting me youre ruining what little reputation I had built up just by stating a different opinion... :alpacaworry2:

downvoting is literally made to show you don't agree with someone

c. Do not complain about being downvoted. If you believe someone is engaging in vote manipulation against you, contact staff privately and we will look into it. Otherwise, just accept your downvotes.

Posted (edited)

Props to you for trying to talk to her, I hope you keep your promise and actually stand your ground if she refuses. She is old enough to stop lying when we got receipts on her bullshit that even her most dedicated followers will find easily. 

Also, I don't think anyone in your topic attacked you? People pointed out that you seemed to have a little bit of attitude, but most of the ones that posted that aren't OP were just confused about the existence of your thread. If you take those simple posts as personal attacks then you really need to take a step back and breathe. 

You both have enough knowledge of PULL to understand how it works, don't try to take the higher moral ground or get cocky when you get posted. We don't coddle anyone no matter who they are, even if they would end up being a user or even a mod here. 

Edited by boopa

Posted (edited)

c. Do not complain about being downvoted. If you believe someone is engaging in vote manipulation against you, contact staff privately and we will look into it. Otherwise, just accept your downvotes.

As a staff member I can attest that the only thing we care about as far as reputation goes is when someone has a massive amount of downvotes with a lot of posts. It shows us that people are heavily disagreeing with someone and we may need to go through that person's posts to make sure they aren't a massive troll or otherwise breaking the rules. That being stated, -72 reputation doesn't mean someone is instantly banned. It only means we may have to monitor that user carefully. 

Edited by BonBonChucked

Posted (edited)

OH LOL I DIDNT REMEMBER THIS (upvotes this post because I'm dumb)

From what i know, I dont have my own thread it was on another girls thread someone bragged about leaking me and stuff and then said I was probably just as shitty as Dae's friend group and Kayla's. I'm not involved with Kayla whatsoever.

I thought reputation mattered on here I havent been using PULL for long. I honestly apologize I forgot this was in the rules.

Edited by Kyabetsu

Posted (edited)

From what i know, I dont have my own thread it was on another girls thread someone bragged about leaking me and stuff and then said I was probably just as shitty as Dae's friend group and Kayla's. I'm not involved with Kayla whatsoever.

Oops, my bad. I thought your names were kind of similar, sorry. Disregard half of what I wrote. My opinion on what I wrote still stands though.

giphy.gif

Edited by boopa

Posted

You both have enough knowledge of PULL to understand how it works, don't try to take the higher moral ground or get cocky when you get posted. We don't coddle anyone no matter who they are, even if they would end up being a user or even a mod here

Oh please I could never be a snowflake. And if I was I would be the motherfucking queen of snowflakes. :alpacawink:

giphy.gif giphy.gif 

giphy.gif giphy.gif

Back on topic, if Dallas were to sincerely apologize and made an effort to change her perspective then I would remove her precious name from the thread title. She's young, she can probably change for the better, but more often than not snowflakes have a breakdown and turn into Pele Whitney. 

Posted

I legitimately feel sorry for her boyfriend. Hopefully he breaks up with her in the future for his sake and stay far away :alpacaworry:

Posted

For background, I'm a recovering anorexic, and when I was at one of my lowest weights, I followed her on SNS, mainly for the content. I'm not going to lie, it was nice to see content I could relate to. At first, anyways. It went from the typical thinspo and sadvibes stuff to blatant fat-shaming and body-shaming all over the place. I have no problem with the fact that she's being dragged. Being mentally ill does not excuse being disrespectful, racist, and rude. I do hope she can recover, because the disorder is shit, but there is a difference between having an eating disorder and having a terrible personality.

She's been on MPA a while, where she has a thread of "Kpop thinspo." She's also notorious for stealing photos and posting them to tumblr without credit, most commonly images that were originally posted to tumblr by the owners. JessWoods may ring a bell.

Posted (edited)

For background, I'm a recovering anorexic, and when I was at one of my lowest weights, I followed her on SNS, mainly for the content. I'm not going to lie, it was nice to see content I could relate to. At first, anyways. It went from the typical thinspo and sadvibes stuff to blatant fat-shaming and body-shaming all over the place. I have no problem with the fact that she's being dragged. Being mentally ill does not excuse being disrespectful, racist, and rude. I do hope she can recover, because the disorder is shit, but there is a difference between having an eating disorder and having a terrible personality.

She's been on MPA a while, where she has a thread of "Kpop thinspo." She's also notorious for stealing photos and posting them to tumblr without credit, most commonly images that were originally posted to tumblr by the owners. JessWoods may ring a bell.

You're not the only one on this site that is a recovering anorexic. (Hi, me too. :alpacacrush:) I've been on MPA for years and I was a part of a whole slue of kik support groups. Depending on where I was at in my recovery they were either pushing one another to starve more or honest recovery groups. I'd be curious to see if anyone from MPA has any dirt on what she said in there. I think a lot of people in the community thrived on looking at reverse thinspiration to scare themselves back into the pit of guilt, shame, and self loathing. I even remember several years ago when fat shaming threads were normal and overlooked by administration. I remember when r/fatpeoplehate went down and people threw a fit. I'm not surprised to learn that Dallas was/is on MPA. 

I certainly, mainly during my darker periods of restricting, had a certain disgust for people that were overweight. Hell, I still think Victoria Secret models are too fat - but I also understand that is my perspective as someone who is mentally ill. Just because someone is not skin and bones does not make them a bad person, unattractive, or worth being publicly shamed. (Skin and bones actually means they are probably going to die from organ failure soon.) I can't say it makes me a better person than Dallas to the extent that we both have problems with our body image and the body image of others, but straight up shaming people for being overweight is going to far. I could understand someone being shamed for sticking their head under a rock and ignoring all data on science and nutrition and thinking ketchup counts as fruit, but someone being shamed for being overweight is way too far. It would be curious to see how far she went on MPA where everyone is really unfiltered.

I never spent much time in the thinspiration threads on MPA so I don't know any drama about her on there. I would be interested in digging up more information on there if you have her username. I feel like the whole "thinspiration" community on MPA just reposts the same 50 girls and steals their photos to paste on tumblr - but those are also usually the girls in their teens to early 20s. I understand the want for someone relatable - looking at other girls who were actually alive at my height and a weight that I saw as attainable was comforting. I never understood reposting skinny girls just for the sake that they are skinny though. It seemed like Starving In Suburbia bullshit to me. So I don't really see the thinspiration angle being much of a problem. 

Edited by BonBonChucked

Posted

This was honestly a very entertaining thread to read and also quite disappointing, cause young people these days are quite terrible in their personalities and seems like much can't be done to fix them without getting into some form of trouble...

Posted

You're not the only one on this site that is a recovering anorexic. (Hi, me too. :alpacacrush:) I've been on MPA for years and I was a part of a whole slue of kik support groups. Depending on where I was at in my recovery they were either pushing one another to starve more or honest recovery groups. I'd be curious to see if anyone from MPA has any dirt on what she said in there. I think a lot of people in the community thrived on looking at reverse thinspiration to scare themselves back into the pit of guilt, shame, and self loathing. I even remember several years ago when fat shaming threads were normal and overlooked by administration. I remember when r/fatpeoplehate went down and people threw a fit. I'm not surprised to learn that Dallas was/is on MPA. 

I certainly, mainly during my darker periods of restricting, had a certain disgust for people that were overweight. Hell, I still think Victoria Secret models are too fat - but I also understand that is my perspective as someone who is mentally ill. Just because someone is not skin and bones does not make them a bad person, unattractive, or worth being publicly shamed. (Skin and bones actually means they are probably going to die from organ failure soon.) I can't say it makes me a better person than Dallas to the extent that we both have problems with our body image and the body image of others, but straight up shaming people for being overweight is going to far. I could understand someone being shamed for sticking their head under a rock and ignoring all data on science and nutrition and thinking ketchup counts as fruit, but someone being shamed for being overweight is way too far. It would be curious to see how far she went on MPA where everyone is really unfiltered.

I never spent much time in the thinspiration threads on MPA so I don't know any drama about her on there. I would be interested in digging up more information on there if you have her username. I feel like the whole "thinspiration" community on MPA just reposts the same 50 girls and steals their photos to paste on tumblr - but those are also usually the girls in their teens to early 20s. I understand the want for someone relatable - looking at other girls who were actually alive at my height and a weight that I saw as attainable was comforting. I never understood reposting skinny girls just for the sake that they are skinny though. It seemed like Starving In Suburbia bullshit to me. So I don't really see the thinspiration angle being much of a problem. 

I only found her thinspo thread because I found someone posting somewhere (I think it was the gen discussion forum) about her fat-shaming antics on tumblr, and she called out the OP. It's like she's everywhere on the internet, always ready to defend the shitty things she says despite not having any merit to back it up. However, I'm glad she's never tried to pull the "I'm mentally ill" excuse. At least I've never seen that.

I remember being on MPA when /r/fph got banned, and I remember being really glad. EDs are such dynamic things. I never had any disdain for people who were of average/overweight. If anything, I was really envious that they were able to do all these normal things I scared myself out of doing. I wonder if some of her hatred is out of jealousy as well.

As far as I've seen of Dallas on MPA, she comes across as just very self-centered. Lots of selfies, celebrations of losing N lbs in N days, that sort of thing. It's just sickbrag, as far as I know. I might try to search her later, since MPA profiles only show so many posts.

Posted (edited)

Just as an update, if you like this thread you may want to check out Kayla's thread here. I updated the summary post so it is easier to follow the drama. It seems that Dallas, Meaf, Kayla, and Camryn are all friends or at least used to be. It may be worth searching Kayla's Facebook and seeing what else can be found on her while Dallas is a little quiet. In short it's "edgy" people hanging out with other "edgy" people and letting the shitshow cyclone. 

Edited by BonBonChucked

Posted

Pro-tip: if you're her friend coming in here to support her, it's really not a great idea to say "she's not racist because I'm a POC and I'm her friend", especially when we have proof that she's used the N word multiple times. It just makes you seem as if you're being put up as the token POC in order to facilitate any argument that she's not a terrible person.

Posted

Pro-tip: if you're her friend coming in here to support her, it's really not a great idea to say "she's not racist because I'm a POC and I'm her friend", especially when we have proof that she's used the N word multiple times. It just makes you seem as if you're being put up as the token POC in order to facilitate any argument that she's not a terrible person.

What does POC mean? :alpacaconfused: