• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Tati/Glam Life Guru

394 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Lmao!!! I love how everyone before this was "yassss queen tati! she's so brave! we stan a mature sis!!" but once james posted his side of the story backed up with receipts, most of them really don't want to say that they're wrong for listening to one side of the story. I couldn't take her video seriously when she plugged in her goddamn vitamins in it (it's even in the description box) I feel bad for some of the ppl who got attacked by tati's old and new fans when they call her out on her bullshit. 

i was skeptical from the start when she first released the first video and knew damn well things were gonna get uglier from there. can't make a single criticism about one of her claims without one of her wkers talkin about how james "betrayed" her and how the vitamins dont matter. i had -5 downvotes when i thought i initially though tati did it out of spite until it was voted back to 0. how have the tables turned

man im so over this shit but watching it go downhill for all parties involved is funny as hell lol

Edited by spicypoop

Posted

i was skeptical from the start when she first released the first video and knew damn well things were gonna get uglier from there. can't make a single criticism about one of her claims without one of her wkers talkin about how james "betrayed" her and how the vitamins dont matter. i had -5 downvotes when i thought i initially though tati did it out of spite until it was voted back to 0. how have the tables turned

man im so over this shit but watching it go downhill for all parties involved is funny as hell lol

Yeap. i agree with this. Just because we're being skeptical about this whole situation doesn't mean we're defending JC. This thread is pretty tame with the comments but if you were to go to r/beautyguruchatter, that's a different story all together. Mods are so biased over there and you legit cannot say anything about Tati without getting attacked by her followers. 

This whole thing is just a shitshow from start to finish lmao. It's was all over my tl and youtube recs for days on end that I just had to give in and follow up with the drama. I don't even care about any of them xD

Posted

Lmao!!! I love how everyone before this was "yassss queen tati! she's so brave! we stan a mature sis!!" but once james posted his side of the story backed up with receipts, most of them really don't want to say that they're wrong for listening to one side of the story. 

tbh i actually find it really sad. like i'm not at all angry about all the downvotes and objection cos i understand the fans of tati & people who follow the drama are mostly from the beauty community ie girls without much experience with analytical thinking/reasoning skills. but the fact james came out with the video disproving most of the incorrectly made accusations, instead of trying to correct and accept that they were wrong, i see people still being like "what if his receipts are faked". it's like they're so desperate to believe in the narrative that he's some predator and so fixated on that one perspective, they forgo all rationality. people straight up making up conspiracy theories just so they dont have to admit they're wrong. im honestly just mind blown how these individuals live their life... like do they just turn a blind eye to all the bad things they dont agree with? this kind of mindset is so dangerous cos not only does it mean you willingly choose to be ignorant, it also means you've learnt nothing at all. going on to make the same mistakes in the future. i dont doubt when some new drama arises, the same people are going to jump on the bandwagon with their pitchforks ready to blindly believe in all the bs and trying to cancel them without fully understanding the entire picture.

maybe it's actually my own fault for trying to have a discussion on a website specifically built for ppl like these but since i generally stick to one thread, i've never fully crossed paths with the seriously hysterical ones. at one point, i got a warning from a mod & my posts deleted for supposedly white-knighting when the mod themself was straight up anti-james/pro-tati which goes to show u flawed thinking isn't limited to just normal users. i mean seriously this is meant to be an authority figure, someone people generally can respect, someone who's supposed to use their knowledge and good judgement to govern the site and this just shows me there's some serious lack of common sense on here. 

Posted

hm tati's video is monetised for me though, not sure if it's just a system error. anyone else have ads showing up? that's so sly of her if she only started monetising it after moving it out of public eye lmao.

Screenshot_2019-05-20_at_5.15.06_PM.thum

tati has gotten the most benefits from this fiasco and the least backlash out of the three, which is ridiculous since she was the one who unleashed pandora's box. james definitely has issues and isn't totally innocent but for tati and jeffree to run with the whole sexual harassment/predator story is vile and just a whole new level of shitty. 

yeah james might be greedy for wanting artist passes and a shit friend for promoting SBH, but it's really not that big of a deal? to me, it just looked like she wanted to drag james publicly for the vitamins situation but added in the highly exaggerated (and to a certain extent, falsified) sexual harassment allegations to make her video seem less selfish and more 'for the good of society'. 

Posted

tbh i actually find it really sad. like i'm not at all angry about all the downvotes and objection cos i understand the fans of tati & people who follow the drama are mostly from the beauty community ie girls without much experience with analytical thinking/reasoning skills. but the fact james came out with the video disproving most of the incorrectly made accusations, instead of trying to correct and accept that they were wrong, i see people still being like "what if his receipts are faked". it's like they're so desperate to believe in the narrative that he's some predator and so fixated on that one perspective, they forgo all rationality. people straight up making up conspiracy theories just so they dont have to admit they're wrong. im honestly just mind blown how these individuals live their life... like do they just turn a blind eye to all the bad things they dont agree with? this kind of mindset is so dangerous cos not only does it mean you willingly choose to be ignorant, it also means you've learnt nothing at all. going on to make the same mistakes in the future. i dont doubt when some new drama arises, the same people are going to jump on the bandwagon with their pitchforks ready to blindly believe in all the bs and trying to cancel them without fully understanding the entire picture.

maybe it's actually my own fault for trying to have a discussion on a website specifically built for ppl like these but since i generally stick to one thread, i've never fully crossed paths with the seriously hysterical ones. at one point, i got a warning from a mod & my posts deleted for supposedly white-knighting when the mod themself was straight up anti-james/pro-tati which goes to show u flawed thinking isn't limited to just normal users. i mean seriously this is meant to be an authority figure, someone people generally can respect, someone who's supposed to use their knowledge and good judgement to govern the site and this just shows me there's some serious lack of common sense on here. 

While I agree a lot more people should’ve been more critical of Tati, dude it’s not cool to generalize people who like makeup as stupid?? I think that people were more willing to believe her cause Tati doesn’t seem to try and make drama (well up until this point anyways) and James hasn’t had the best year with drama either, I feel like it’s cause people were kind of waiting for some huge receipts from Jefree and Tati-cause those are the claims they made and then it’s only dying down now cause both of them are backtracking. Also- I will say that there probably are some people who are really biased towards influencers but yeah like you said it isn’t fair of them to give you a warning if they’re just biased.

Posted

am i wrong for drawing a correlation between girls into beauty/make up = more feminine/emotion based and less logical/fact based? i never said anything about stupid. good analytical skills & reasoning skills tend to disregard emotions for facts imo 

although that might be your opinion I think that’s kind of subjective is all

Posted

although that might be your opinion I think that’s kind of subjective is all

like you said, it is a generalization after all, mb i should've emphasised on beauty community, such that you can be into makeup & beauty but not be bothered to follow or be a part of the community.... if that makes sense.

Posted (edited)

am i wrong for drawing a correlation between girls into beauty/make up = more feminine/emotion based and less logical/fact based? i never said anything about stupid. good analytical skills & reasoning skills tend to disregard emotions for facts imo 

their audiences consist of teen girls so while it's true that they think their emotions youre disregarding those who denounce the people they once look up to based on facts given. 

Edited by spicypoop

Posted (edited)

their audiences consist of teen girls so while it's true that they think their emotions youre disregarding those who denounce the people they once look up to based on facts given. 

the fact that people ate that crap up without proof in the first place is already laughable but you're right, im more inclined to respect the people who are capable of changing their minds when they're proved wrong 

Edited by t1 fan girl
aggressive wording lel

Posted

uh okay if you want scientific evidence of differences in brain organisation due to gender/sex & its implications im happy to accommodate via PM (offtopic and who knows people might just report me for wk cos they dont agree) 9_9 

Spoiled because OT. Brain has no gender / neurosexism.

"Yet, as The Gendered Brain reveals, conclusive findings about sex-linked brain differences have failed to materialize. Beyond the “missing five ounces” of female brain — gloated about since the nineteenth century — modern neuroscientists have identified no decisive, category-defining differences between the brains of men and women."
Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00677-x

Posted

uh okay if you want scientific evidence of differences in brain organisation due to gender/sex & its implications im happy to accommodate via PM (offtopic and who knows people might just report me for wk cos they dont agree) 9_9 

hurr durr i like blush and mascara therefore idk how to use logic or reason i can only resort to my silly emotions to make decisions... :(( 

Posted

Major derailment here about biological gender differences. This is not the place. I cleared it up. Take that to PM or general discussion. Keep this thread on Tati. 

Posted

omg she is STILL losing subscribers.

i mean hew views are as usual bud damn

Posted

omg she is STILL losing subscribers.

i mean hew views are as usual bud damn

Maybe it's from the spike she experienced in May, people are now unsubbing since the drama is over?