• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Tati/Glam Life Guru

394 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Tati Westbrook is a beauty blogger from Seattle, based in LA. She posts videos on YouTube, sharing her reviews of different products and some makeup tips here and there. I personally really like her and find her videos entertaining and informative, I really like her :alpacacrush:

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter / Facebook

tati.thumb.jpg.b9b63392f4ac66e72cc8a3230

There is no drama regarding her as far as I am aware of but I did not look much into it, I have just been watching her for ages and wonder what you guys think.

It's my first time making a topic, forgive my lacking descriptions D:

Edited by House
added that she's based in LA, thanks @milkytea !!

Posted

I've been a long time lurker here and just made an account just to comment here because I love Tati! I honestly think she is one of the better beauty gurus on YouTube and I always trust her opinions on makeup. However, I know she supports Jeffree Star (she commented about the drama between Jeffree and Kat before and how she doesn't like to be associated with it), but that's the only thing that is kind of "problematic"? 

She is now based in LA btw! And does anyone know the details of her wedding?? I know she is engaged with James and they were supposed to get married but didn't yet.. 

Posted

I love Tati's videos. She's just more upfront on how she doesn't like certain things, but a lot of people complain that her lighting and camera settings don't clearly show her skin. I know there was some short-term drama a while back for that one contest she held where beauty gurus who were starting out could enter and she would do a collab video with the winner. Sanders made some weird drama video on it but Tati killed that pretty quick by saying she contacted the actual winner herself. 

Posted

Her videos are well produced. Maybe it's because she is older than other trending beauty gurus, but she seems to carry herself more maturely than a lot of the popular beauty community members. Her style is also more conservative compared to flamboyant MUAs like Jeffree Star or NikkieTutorials.

Her husband James appears to be very supportive of her YouTube as well.

Posted (edited)

Tati is such a genuine sweetheart she's a really good businesswoman I think and has worked hard for where she stands now (her series about how she had all kinds of different weird  jobs is really inspiring) James is probably the cutest as well I can't think of a reason to not like her honestly.

Edited by Vixen

Posted

She and James called off the wedding to elope because the planning was too stressful. She was doing wedding Wednesdays before, then stopped.

Tati was featured on an Episode of The Brides of Beverly Hills. Which due to copyright has been taken off youtube

I remember she had backlash for purposely reveiwing Kat Von D and Jeffrey Starr during the drama. And she gave a speech saying how she doesn't care cuz the products are good and he was nice to her. Despite a the evidence that Jeffrey isnt that great of a person... 12:48 is where she talks about it.

Other than that she is fairly unproblamatic, and I love watching her videos and reveiws.

Posted

She's the reason why I want to try out dermarolling 

Posted

I really enjoy her videos! Especially because she is not how most beauty vloggers into all this bubbly loud personality thing (Just thought about Caito Potato and immediately cringed like hell..) and her make up is quiete mature, which I love! I also love to watch eg Nikkietutorials but would never wear my makeup like this, but I tried out some stuff from Tati!

I soooo so recommend her channel, she is lovely!

Regarding to the drama (I didn't follow all of it though) I don't really care if she is still pro Jeffree or not. Some seemedto hop on the suddenly hate-bandwagon and it was annoying imo anyways

Posted

I used to love her a lot, she's the reason I bought that Lancome lip gloss, then she does her first WTF video, then she starts acting...whiny? I guess. She starts saying how none of the drugstore foundations even work for her even though she just raved about that L'oreal foundation, it's just a spiral of confusion with her review to me

Posted

I've watched her videos for quite a while as well, and I've never thought anything negative of her. She's awesome.

Posted

I LOVE TATI! i find her videos very, very useful and informative. her reviews are also very unbiased and i love that she's really honest when she does/doesn't like a product. i also love her attitude and maturity, she seems to love doing reviews and helping others out by making videos and i really dig that. :alpacacrush:

Posted

ooo! i also love tati! i was wondering when a thread would be up about her as well, i don't really wear makeup but her voice is so pleasing to me i can binge watch her videos so easily and hopes that one day i will pick up some makeup tools haha

Posted

I love tati, she's such a breath of fresh air. It's great to see beauty youtubers who don't shout at you or squeal constantly like Jaclyn Hill. I like that tati is not afraid to give negative reviews as well.

However her nikkietutorials palette review made me question her a bit, it did not seem 100% honest to me.

Posted

I love tati as well and I'm subscribed to her!

If anything, sometimes she looked like she doesn't try enough for some product to work with her skin, but I'm okay with that. It usually happens when she reviews a bunch in the same time (like the sweet&shimmer review) or something terribly gimmicky (her recent silisponge review). The rest of her videos are fine and enjoyable, especially when James appears in the vid :alpacacrush:

Posted

I'm kind of in the middle with Tati. Her content is good, she's honest for the most part and the fact that she reviews products that are from dirt cheap all the way up to luxury prices are plus points. Her review on the Nikkietutorials palette made me question her honesty, and I didn't like how she "reviewed" the peel-off lip and eyebrow tint at all. I also kinds don't like that some of her giveaways always have something to do with 'promoting' her channel (like reposting on Instagram or whatever) yet she always insists that it's her way of 'giving back' to her subscribers.

She had issues with another Youtuber Thrift Thick. Tati had a giveaway thing where the winner was going to fly out to meet Tati and do collab videos, and Tati will promote the winner. Tati sort of suddenly pulled out on the giveaway, and people were kind of waiting on who the winner was and Tati wasn't saying anything at all so people started to bug and attack Tati about it. Hence this:

VibH7dJ.jpg

RF7ZcNL.jpg