PULL Rules

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks everyone. The user is banned.  

You're awesome!

Posted

May I suggest to the Mods who do a good job, a couple of suggestions.

1. Non-mods cannot part-time moderate, I have noticed it against a couple of my posts where I like to speak my mind within the rules, some users wrongfully see this as WKing or Trolling, I think some people see other users who do not entirely share their same idea of things that instantly they must be a troll or a WK. And then they post about the rules, like I have stepped outside them but I haven't, looking like they are a mod or because they are a long term member they can throw it around as if they have that moderator power if you follow what I mean.

2. I totally forgot my 2nd suggestion, but I quickly thought of another, wrongful assumptions by users designed to try and use gang-mentality against users, this is I have seen against other users, because again their idea may slightly differ from others - other users (usually newer ones to be honest) will attack with a gang-mentality by trying to garner support against a user. As said mods do a great job here and it usually never goes far, but users need to understand not everyone will think the same, they may be on the same side but just because they do not show the same disdain against a particular youtuber or streamer doesn't mean they are a bad person for doing so.

Posted

1. Non-mods cannot part-time moderate, I have noticed it against a couple of my posts where I like to speak my mind within the rules, some users wrongfully see this as WKing or Trolling, I think some people see other users who do not entirely share their same idea of things that instantly they must be a troll or a WK. And then they post about the rules, like I have stepped outside them but I haven't, looking like they are a mod or because they are a long term member they can throw it around as if they have that moderator power if you follow what I mean.

2. I totally forgot my 2nd suggestion, but I quickly thought of another, wrongful assumptions by users designed to try and use gang-mentality against users, this is I have seen against other users, because again their idea may slightly differ from others - other users (usually newer ones to be honest) will attack with a gang-mentality by trying to garner support against a user. As said mods do a great job here and it usually never goes far, but users need to understand not everyone will think the same, they may be on the same side but just because they do not show the same disdain against a particular youtuber or streamer doesn't mean they are a bad person for doing so.

Very little, if any users use gang-mentality here. 

Posted (edited)

To add to this, there are a lot of threads where users are saying things about an online personality or a little snowflake with little to no proof. The things being said are taken as 100% real just because the person being talked about isn’t well liked. If you try to question it or call out the user for not providing evidence, you’re accused of being a WK. 

Edit: For example, a user will claim they either went to school with an OP/LS or they’re from the same town. Often this is followed by extremely intimate details. I’m sure that there are users who do personally know some of the people being discussed in this forum, but I’m still very skeptical of what these users are saying unless they provide more evidence. 

Edited by SadBlythe

Posted

To add to this, there are a lot of threads where users are saying things about an online personality or a little snowflake with little to no proof. The things being said are taken as 100% real just because the person being talked about isn’t well liked. If you try to question it or call out the user for not providing evidence, you’re accused of being a WK. 

Edit: For example, a user will claim they either went to school with an OP/LS or they’re from the same town. Often this is followed by extremely intimate details. I’m sure that there are users who do personally know some of the people being discussed in this forum, but I’m still very skeptical of what these users are saying unless they provide more evidence. 

not just that but actual speculations are taken 100% seriously. someone says ____ definitely has done ____ because it matches the behavior we have seen so far (BUT there is no proof the person has done this specific thing) and suddenly everyone is on board with it. it's especially hard on the longer threads because some people won't read all of it and will go straight to the end and when they see other users quote or mention this speculation as a fact they will take it seriously, assuming there's proof of it further back.

about the gang mentality and the wk witch hunt, I agree. a lot of members very easily accuse other users of wking entirely because they asked for proof of something or mentioned some of the comments on the thread had turned into basically just saying "gosh, she's so ugly lol"

that last point takes me to the question I wanted to make: is it okay for people to comment threads just to say "god she's so ugly" or keep a thread alive by posting every new picture the person posts on social media making fun of it? I had personally assumed (I thought I'd read it somewhere but rereading the rules I guess it's not on there?) it was against the rules to post things like that. I thought you had to post constructive criticism or evidence of something, not just post personal opinions such as "she is so dumb". an example of this is the lily maymac thread. for a while, there were no receipts posted of her or shooping evidence. instead, people posted on the thread nearly every day with her most recent ig picture, commenting how ugly her makeup was, how badly her outfit looked on her, and how dead her hair looked. is that fine?

Posted (edited)

that last point takes me to the question I wanted to make: is it okay for people to comment threads just to say "god she's so ugly" or keep a thread alive by posting every new picture the person posts on social media making fun of it? I had personally assumed (I thought I'd read it somewhere but rereading the rules I guess it's not on there?) it was against the rules to post things like that. I thought you had to post constructive criticism or evidence of something, not just post personal opinions such as "she is so dumb". an example of this is the lily maymac thread. for a while, there were no receipts posted of her or shooping evidence. instead, people posted on the thread nearly every day with her most recent ig picture, commenting how ugly her makeup was, how badly her outfit looked on her, and how dead her hair looked. is that fine?

It would definitely be nice to get more clarification on what is considered a “dead thread” time wise. For example: 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc. 

The Kenna thread is like that as well. It’s a very inflated thread because of people posting every picture Kenna puts on IG. The following posts are just users insulting her clothes and makeup and not really adding anything to the conversation. To be fair, Kenna looks like hot mess 100% of the time, but does it have to constantly be brought up everytime Kenna posts to IG? 

Edit: Nevermind I’m stupid, “20. Don't necro threads that have been inactive for over a month unless you are providing new and relevant content.”

Edited by SadBlythe
Turns out I can’t read