• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

PULL Rules

34 posts in this topic

Posted

If those are the rules, they should be respected.

Nevertheless, out of interest, what is the full reasoning in changing the minimum age? Aside from derailing threads, as well as minimum snowflake age being 16.

It's not that I'm questioning the fact that it's a reasonable rule by any means, but I'm curious.

Also, what about the pre-existing under 16 people posted as snowflakes or online personalities? Are those threads going to be locked?

Posted

If those are the rules, they should be respected.

Nevertheless, out of interest, what is the full reasoning in changing the minimum age? Aside from derailing threads, as well as minimum snowflake age being 16.

It's not that I'm questioning the fact that it's a reasonable rule by any means, but I'm curious.

Also, what about the pre-existing under 16 people posted as snowflakes or online personalities? Are those threads going to be locked?

When I first took over administration, I took a user survey. In it, I asked for user ages and for their opinions regarding a minimum age. I did statistical analysis to find the average pull user age and the majority of users who answered the survey said they wanted to see an increase in the maturity of users on the site.

The rule may not necessarily make those younger than 18 abstain from using PULL, but it will establish an expectation of more mature discussion. I think that we can all agree posts like "she is fat and ugly" are useless, and that the site is better used to investigate those who are deceiving others.

On having the minimum Snowflake age be 16--Every culture has a different age that signifies "coming of age," and this is pretty dynamic. I think cognitive ability and moral beliefs are developed enough by around this age to allow for scrutiny and to be held to some standard, especially in the case of public figures.

However,  it is still young enough to allow for behavioral reformation. When some of these figures get a lot of positive reinforcement, it is important that their malevolent actions are not excused or overlooked. At an older age most of these behaviors are already solidified and cannot be modified.

Pre-existing threads about those under 16 will be locked. 

I appreciate everyone's feedback on this. 

Posted (edited)

I Really have been trying to keep myself away from this thread but to be honest , I  believe that the rules are actually pretty fine and i do agree with the age rules that have been input (once again majority of the users that have done the survey actually did agree to have a more fitting a mature forum including me) Yet it does not mean that younger people are not mature but a lot of them usually do love trolling and cussing for no reason @ other people.

20: I did read all your points and i understand that you have your own opinion but at the exact same moment you started blaming the admin for not caring for anyone and accusing her of giving a bad reputation to PULL it literally made me stop, i am sorry but this is just illiterate and mean to say, you have pointed that you are from way back of previous old PULL forums then probably you have seen them going off the map,the same exact thing was going to happen to this one but Nyx took over it and she is trying to make the changes that were never made before,in all conclusion make it a better PULL in everyone's POV and obviously i do know not everyone will be happy but then again majority of users have wanted it this way so that is why it has to be respected and Nyx has to be respected as well that is just a side note.

Biscuit: please don't kill me .. ;_;

Edited by Miyu

Posted

Can there be a rule to screenshot evidences to support points and provide proof? There has been many threads linking "proof" to blogs, pictures, and providing links like tinypic or imgur but I don't find them very reliable as they often get deleted by either the poster them self or the person we are discussing about deletes the evidence or proof.