• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

697 posts in this topic

Posted

All of these big youtubers calling him out, but the 12 year olds keep on defending him like he’s the second coming of Christ. This type of shit is why I lose faith in humanity... 

Karma will get his ass one day. 

Sorry for double posting but I found this while browsing Twitter... Check Keemstar’s account and scroll down a little bit.

This kid can’t be serious right???? Such an insensitive little prick. 

4DB75DA3-F205-4954-817E-4A079DF6458D.jpeg

At first I thought that kid was trolling, idk. His intonation is really off so it sounds like he's talking out of his ass. Unless English isn't his first language. Maybe he's a native Japanese and the reason for his flawless accent is because he watches so much Logan Paul, I dunno.

There are definitely  Logan Paul fans who think like this though. And even though they'll grow up eventually, it's pretty scary to me. He has 15 million subs.

I used to be against censoring the internet from young people too aggressively, but this whole situation has made me reconsider that. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I would  want my kids anywhere near Youtube unmonitored. Curious if anyone else here feels the same. 

Posted

I want to give Logan Paul the benefit of the doubt...

But when I see stuff like the above post of that kid acting like a retard, I can't help but hate Logan....

I said it in a previous thread and I'll say it here.

I think we should focus on the intent of Logan's video, suicide prevention.

Do I think Logan went too far? Yes, there were many things that were inappropriate about the video...Do I think that it's right to ruin someone's career, send him death threats(all the while calling him out for disrespecting the dead...? wow.), and have his channel deleted? 

That, I don't know.

What I do know is that destroying Logan Paul should not be our focus , but what he was trying to achieve by making the video,

Making the suicide numbers zero.

That's all I have to say on the matter, I'm not a Loganger or a hater...Just simply an outsider.

But wow, his fans were quick to forgive him. If that was my favorite youtuber, I'd do the same so I can't blame them, they're kids after all....

Posted

he filmed a death body, someone who committed suicide, and put it on youtube

he needs to get deleted for good now idc

Posted

I heard on Twitter that his apology video is monetized. I’m not going to watch it for that reason alone and no one else should either.

Posted

I have to say I disagree with most people who talk about their reactions. People don't always react in a way one would expect when something shocking happens, like finding a body in this case. Laughing is a panic response in some people and we live in the modern world the fact that he filmed it doesn't shock me honestly. Idk, I don't know him, not even as a internet personality so I wouldn't know (and I really want to believe he wasn't actually happy about finding it.)

However, the fact he published the footage after watching and editing it is inexcusable and disgusting.

And kinda pointless point to make that doesn't affect anything but I'm guessing they didn't expect to actually find a body even though they must have known it's very possible.

Posted

At first I thought that kid was trolling, idk. His intonation is really off so it sounds like he's talking out of his ass. Unless English isn't his first language. Maybe he's a native Japanese and the reason for his flawless accent is because he watches so much Logan Paul, I dunno.

There are definitely  Logan Paul fans who think like this though. And even though they'll grow up eventually, it's pretty scary to me. He has 15 million subs.

I used to be against censoring the internet from young people too aggressively, but this whole situation has made me reconsider that. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I would  want my kids anywhere near Youtube unmonitored. Curious if anyone else here feels the same. 

If I ever have kids, me and my partner have agreed they will not be on YouTube. Morons that appeal to teens/kids  on YouTube are so toxic and advertise stupidly expensive shit to kids which makes the parents suffer, trying to buy all these brands and all this crap. It unhealthy behavior and teaches kids to be selfish douchebags. I cannot stand it and I hope I'm never around this generation of 12 year old and below, they're unbearable. 

Posted (edited)

I want to give Logan Paul the benefit of the doubt...

But when I see stuff like the above post of that kid acting like a retard, I can't help but hate Logan....

I said it in a previous thread and I'll say it here.

I think we should focus on the intent of Logan's video, suicide prevention.

Do I think Logan went too far? Yes, there were many things that were inappropriate about the video...Do I think that it's right to ruin someone's career, send him death threats(all the while calling him out for disrespecting the dead...? wow.), and have his channel deleted? 

That, I don't know.

What I do know is that destroying Logan Paul should not be our focus , but what he was trying to achieve by making the video,

Making the suicide numbers zero.

That's all I have to say on the matter, I'm not a Loganger or a hater...Just simply an outsider.

But wow, his fans were quick to forgive him. If that was my favorite youtuber, I'd do the same so I can't blame them, they're kids after all....

I didn't see that as the intention of his video though. It was kinda just tacked onto the end. And he went there for the purpose of making a scary video. That place shouldn't be considered a scary place to exploit for views  it should be considered sad.

I agree with you that people are going a bit too far though. It seems like people are using this guy's death just to take out their aggravation on the Paul brothers. Not everyone obviously, but a significant portion.

Edit: Just want to add that I don't mean I think people are overreacting to the video. Their reaction is normal. I mean that sending death threats to him over this is too far, considering what this all started over. 

Edited by leliana

Posted

I don't hate Logan, but the evidence backing up the claims that Logan is an asshole is the truth.

I still think his intentions were pure, what I also believe is that there were better ways to raise suicide prevention. That was not one of them...

And I think Logan's response to making jokes and such was because of the how absurd the situation was. He was living in a bubble for the longest time, of course he's stupid asf. I think he didn't want to believe what he was seeing was real, that's why he was joking. He makes stupid jokes like that all the time, it's just that he often isn't aware of the consequences of making jokes in a situation like that. In a way, I believe he was using comedy as he always has as a coping mechanism of sorts...

But still doesn't excuse the disrespect Logan has done.

I just hope that this will be a learning experience for him.

And plenty of people has made videos in that forest purely to find dead people, but I do agree that Logan Paul's video was one of the worst in how disrespectful it was. 

Posted

He looks like Prince Charming from Shrek 2.

IMG_1826.thumb.PNG.681ebbe11492a2e183ee7IMG_1827.thumb.PNG.ae83fce5a1564741fdb81

Posted

I honestly feel that at this point people are too focused on trying to 'destroy' and possibly 'murder' Logan Paul that it's gotten out of hand.

People haven't forgotten that Logan uploaded the video to raise awareness for suicide prevention, right?

Should Logan be excused of his behavior? 

Hell No!

But still, people would rather taken down Logan Paul then raise suicide awareness and help others going through suicide, all the while making an effort to somehow eliminate suicide completely...?

I don't understand how people think sometimes, I really don't.

Posted

i'm sorry but how is putting dead ppl, ppl who committed suicide, in graphic format on a vlog out for a really young audience,  and then coming with shitty excuses afterwards, like even the mere thought of putting an actual dead body in a vlog, okay? and how is that raising awareness abt suicide, when it just makes it out to be something to joke abt or take lightly. 

Sometimes things have to be graphic to show how drastic and cruel the world can be, that's how reality is sometimes.

I do think his excuses are shitty, and quite pathetic too.

But I feel that his intentions in raising it's awareness are pure. I mean, if people got triggered enough to talk about this and show they care, I'd say that it's working. I think Logan Paul got what he wanted out of this, and frankly, that's the most infuriating part.

Posted

I honestly feel that at this point people are too focused on trying to 'destroy' and possibly 'murder' Logan Paul that it's gotten out of hand.

People haven't forgotten that Logan uploaded the video to raise awareness for suicide prevention, right?

Should Logan be excused of his behavior? 

Hell No!

But still, people would rather taken down Logan Paul then raise suicide awareness and help others going through suicide, all the while making an effort to somehow eliminate suicide completely...?

I don't understand how people think sometimes, I really don't.

there's a big difference between raising awareness on a delicate topic like it is suicide, and being a morbid asshole.

Posted

Sometimes things have to be graphic to show how drastic and cruel the world can be, that's how reality is sometimes.
I do think his excuses are shitty, and quite pathetic too.

But I feel that his intentions in raising it's awareness are pure. I mean, if people got triggered enough to talk about this and show they care, I'd say that it's working. I think Logan Paul got what he wanted out of this, and frankly, that's the most infuriating part.

pure???!!!? you don't have to talk and show graphic material abt suicide to raise awareness, like that's just so backwards thinking. yes reality can be harsh, but showing actual dead bodies form suicide is not okay. that's not how you raise awareness  

"got triggered enough" like come on. "show they care" stop wk'ing him and realise what he did was shitty, gross and not to raise awareness but to gain views. displaying dead ppl who committed suicide online for views are NOT okay.