• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

697 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

it’s amazingly awful. unlike a lot of snowflakes in japan, he isn’t even a weeb or anything, he’s just a disrespectful dick who’ll do anything for views. guess the Paul brothers are two peas in a repulsive pod. they’re both truly appalling people all around.

I feel bad for the dead guy and all those who’ve been posthumously shamed. Why can’t people just be respectful, or tactful in the very least, when visiting a place where tons of people have committed suicide? is it too much to ask to respect the dead? guess not.

and the fact that he’s trying to use the idea of awareness as a scapegoat is just humiliating to all the people who have successfully committed suicide, and those who've attempted, those who are still alive and struggling. he deserves the bullshit he’s getting for this wholly, esp with his flimsy excuse to cover it up, throwing mentally ill folks under the bus.

Edited by not today, satan

Posted

y i k e s .

the worst is that he probably enjoys the attention he's getting because of that. because, you know, any publicity is good, even if it's bad publicity.

Posted

I'm having a hard time believing that this is real. I get that some people smirk, or laugh during uncomfortable situations, because I'm one of those people. However, what are the odds of everyone in his crew happening to have such a reflex in a situation like this? How come no one freaked out, or emotionally shut down? How could all of them remain so calm when they just discovered a dead body? The vlog just ended like a generic children's program with the vibes like "Woah, what a discovery that was!"

No, I'm not saying that this makes the situation better, but exploiting one's death for views is different from faking someone's death for views. The difference is convenience. I do not believe this an one time exercise of a sociopathic behavior. This came from a guy who once claimed some glasses cured his colorblindness! 

Remember Sam Pepper? And what he did and then said about the toxic arm race of the prank channels? If Youtube does not punish Logan for this, you bet he will pull even bigger stunts, and more frequently. Youtubers are still on that path racing to the bottom, because the platform enables it.

Posted

Just like everyone else said, he is fucking disgusting but seems very sick also. How can you not tremble and not go blank for a few seconds when seeing a dead body for the first time, it is very traumatizing. Good that many youtubers are speaking out about it. When editing a video, you will see the footage a lot and also think. Guess his head is too empty and fucked up for that. Nasty. There were good reasons to dislike him before but he has become even filthier after this. He made it all about himself afterwards. Why even go to such a dark place? The money isn't worth it...

Posted (edited)

I found out my big sister's son who's 7 is fucking addicted to him. :beardo: I hate to ask this but does anyone have a saved video? 

I hate that he's taking suicide so lightly, what's showing a dead body gonna do? Move someone to tears? 

I wonder how Japan's government is reacting?

Edited by mushroom

Posted

So I watched a reupload and apparently they were walking around a restricted area. In the video he said that he didn't know it was restricted but honestly I don't know if I should believe that. He clearly went to this forest to " find stuff". I'm sure the excuse about wanting to focus on the haunted aspect is fake, no one goes into a forest where people are known to still commit suicide, trails away from the main path and doesn't expect to find someone.

I'm just so disgusted

Posted

This incident boils my blood. If I was a family member of the dead person Logan showed, I would do everything to get him off of YouTube.

Trying to spread awareness through a video like that is just talking out of his ass. Others have filmed being in the same forest as well but those videos were carefully and thoughtfully edited, and those videos actually taught me about cases of suicide when I was much younger.

That video Logan posted like what everyone said: 100% for views. Made me sick to my stomach when I saw the thumbnail. This shouldn't even be a 'mistake' that should be passed off so lightly. No excuse trying to say he's a kid and he's learning when he fucking knows how serious this matter is.

Posted

So I watched a reupload and apparently they were walking around a restricted area. In the video he said that he didn't know it was restricted but honestly I don't know if I should believe that. He clearly went to this forest to " find stuff". I'm sure the excuse about wanting to focus on the haunted aspect is fake, no one goes into a forest where people are known to still commit suicide, trails away from the main path and doesn't expect to find someone.

I'm just so disgusted

They're walking through the middle of the forest and have left the actual path, so there's your answer about him telling the truth or not. If you have to climb over logs and don't have even floor under your feet, you're not allowed in that area. Just like any forest.

There are a ton of foreigners doing such trips to Aokigahara and it's honestly sad. They're all inspired by the horror movies and the image of lost places and what not, which is why I'm so against foreigners going there at all. They can't even respect simple forest rules such as "Don't leave the path and follow the signs only". Not to mention them being ignorant about Japanese culture, society and spirituality.

I remember watching a documentary and there's this one single old grandpa who kind of watches over the forest. He takes walks there (not so much as patrolling) and when he meets someone who's intent of being there is somewhat obvious, he does try to talk to them. Just to make them feel like they're not alone.

They should arrest that whole group for disturbing the dead and indecent behaviour. But he probably already left Japan, so they can't do anything else but deny them entry in the future...

Also those other videos. I get his channel is all scumbag clickbait, but man. Never leave America again, please.

20180102.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I found out my big sister's son who's 7 is fucking addicted to him. :beardo: 

Yea his entire fanbase is literally children

Vice did a small interview with him recently showing his baby faced fans

I don't understand what children see in this guy, but I grew up in the 90s which was a completely different culture

Plus, I can't believe parents actually bought his overpriced shit merchandise 

the whole thing makes feel sorry for humanity if people are idolizing a guy like this

really makes me appreciate and continue to look up to people like EllenFisher - an eco-conscious vegan who (and her husband) gave up her Orange County lifestyle to move to Hawaii in a small house to raise her children away from this type of insanity. Her kids' heads aren't being filled with this shit and instead are playing in nature, the beach, hiking, living cruelty free, and living humbly and simply.

Edited by Athena

Posted

I bet he was dumb enough to think it was a 'haunted' forest instead of a national tragedy where people actually go to commit suicide. They had camping gear. They were surprised when they found it. This just blows my mind. If I saw a body like that I'd probably be traumatised..and they're all just, ok , with it? He needs to get kicked off of tube, it's the kind of thing you'd see on live leak, total violation of their rules. Especially considering his audience is almost entirely kids.

There's some cliffs near where I live that people use as a suicide point. It's really fucking sad. Logan is so stupid he thought there was nothing disrespectful about uploading that video to an audience of millions..does anyone doubt at this point he has some kind of learning difficulties?

Posted (edited)

I bet he was dumb enough to think it was a 'haunted' forest instead of a national tragedy where people actually go to commit suicide. They had camping gear. They were surprised when they found it. This just blows my mind. If I saw a body like that I'd probably be traumatised..and they're all just, ok , with it? He needs to get kicked off of tube, it's the kind of thing you'd see on live leak, total violation of their rules. Especially considering his audience is almost entirely kids.

There's some cliffs near where I live that people use as a suicide point. It's really fucking sad. Logan is so stupid he thought there was nothing disrespectful about uploading that video to an audience of millions..does anyone doubt at this point he has some kind of learning difficulties?

They really brought campng gear? Were they thinking that the slit-mouth woman would come and get them in their sleep? 

IMG_1676.thumb.PNG.656e3fa35fb6216540f59

Edited by mushroom

Posted

Best children's content ever!  How can responsible parents not let their kids watch this crap?  

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.07.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 11.08.40 PM.png

Posted

Youtube posted such a lackluster statement on the whole thing.

‘It’s not okay to post violent or gory content that’s primarily intended to be shocking, sensational or gratuitous. If a video is particularly graphic or disturbing, it should be balanced with additional context and information. ‘If posting graphic content in a news, documentary, scientific or artistic context, please be mindful to provide enough information to help people understand what’s going on. In some cases, content may be so violent or shocking that no amount of context will allow that content to remain on our platforms. Lastly, don’t encourage others to commit specific acts of violence.’

Delete his account, honestly Youtube.