• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

697 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I buy none of his bullshit apology 

"Raise awareness" my ass. How is showing a clip of yourself recording a dead body and then giggling gonna fucking raise awareness?  He even had the nerve to edit and post it on youtube. 

What could a grown ass internet influencer do with a video like that besides fishing for views smh stop making excuses like some little immature kids

Edited by yoongg2

Posted

By the time I heard about this, the original video was gone. I found a reuploaded version. Didn’t watch more than a minute of it though. If anything, I’m glad it was reuploaded JUST so that people can see just how inhuman he really is. 

How dare he bring a camera into a place like that. He tried to act so taken aback and sad, but his acting was atrocious just like in that “seeing colors for the first time” video. He wasn’t schocked. That’s exactly what he went in there to find. The complete lack of respect, grief or any fucking emotion at all despite seeing something like that scares me. I am absolutely sick over this.

I was looking at Twitter and someone responded to H3H3’s (Ethan Klein) post about Logan with this:

386D0DC6-FC43-40E2-A2B5-2FEAEDB30CD6.jpeg

Posted

I was looking at Twitter and someone responded to H3H3’s (Ethan Klein) post about Logan with this:

386D0DC6-FC43-40E2-A2B5-2FEAEDB30CD6.jpeg

Wow. I didn’t watch the video, because I honestly just couldn’t... I don’t want to see that. (I don’t get why you would go there in the first place.) But that picture really says it all. It’s just hard to believe that they’re all so cold about it. They literally look like a group of prepubescents during sex ed, not like people who just found a body.

Posted

Wow. I didn’t watch the video, because I honestly just couldn’t... I don’t want to see that. (I don’t get why you would go there in the first place.) But that picture really says it all. It’s just hard to believe that they’re all so cold about it. They literally look like a group of prepubescents during sex ed, not like people who just found a body.

I don’t blame you for not wanting to see that, I don’t recommend it. I decided to go back and at least watch more of his reaction, so then I’d be able to accurately discuss his behavior. I wanted to see how his friends were acting too, since people said they weren’t any more respectful. I avoided shots of the body.

Can’t believe they were taking saké shots in the parking lot after that.

Posted

I don’t blame you for not wanting to see that, I don’t recommend it. I decided to go back and at least watch more of his reaction, so then I’d be able to accurately discuss his behavior. I wanted to see how his friends were acting too, since people said they weren’t any more respectful. I avoided shots of the body.

Can’t believe they were taking saké shots in the parking lot after that.

And joking about how the video was going to be demonitised anyway so they might as well do Sake shots.

Posted

I'm so confused about his reactions. He found a dead body, was shocked for a few minutes, talked about how suicide/depression is not a joke, then starts giggling and continues filming close up shots of the body. What? I understand why he would bring his camera in, it's interesting content, people will want to know how the "suicide forest" looks like. But I would have freaked out and immediately stop filming if I saw what they saw and not go even closer to take close up shots! He censored the face away in the video but imagine editing the non-censored footage.............. I can't. The last thing I'd want my camera to capture is the face of a man who just committed suicide. :alpacaworry2:

Posted

And joking about how the video was going to be demonitised anyway so they might as well do Sake shots.

Don’t tell me he was whining about youtube not paying him for filming dead bodies and showing them to kids? ... Because obviously THAT is the ‘real problem’ here. I just can’t with those guys...

Posted

I'm trying to get my thoughts into the right order, as I am so mad right now.

This is beyond just being disrespectful, it's downright cruel. Imagine if that persons family see that? Kids have seen that. He even used it in the thumbnail too. I've watched clips of it and even as a woman in her 30's it freaked me out, let alone what it could do to someone much younger. Not to mention how they were behaving and how his fanbase is justifying his actions.

There's some saying, "Oh it's fake". HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT ANY BETTER? He says in it that suicide is no laughing matter, but the proceeds to laugh. Yes, I know some people have that involuntary reaction to horrible things, but why even keep it in. It seems like they didn't give a shit at all. It makes me wonder what the parents think of their sons behaviour. If I was their parent I would be ashamed.

I feel like I live in a fucked up world more and more. There seems to be no balance with the younger generation, they're either offended by everything or they have no basic emotions at all.

What's got me also pissed off is that YouTube did nothing. If this was someone else they would have taken that video down so quick, but it seems YouTubes rules only apply to certain people. I really hope Logan's channel takes a dive for this, if it doesn't I don't even want to know what else he would do.

Posted

Friend: “I don’t feel very good.”

Logan: “What, you never stood next to a dead guy?” 

Logan and other friends then laugh.

Posted (edited)

ugh this is really making it hard for me and really dont know if this will make sense

theyre peices of shit for recording and joking about it

but i really want to know how exactly they were reacting to what they saw

all i saw were clips and screenshots 

i dont want to see the full video

some people laugh and smile to situations such as death as a coping mechanism and im going to be honest thats how i react to situations like that

it doesn’t hit me til maybe days or weeks after 

like i feel like what they saw at that moment hasn’t processed in their mind yet as if it wasn’t reality 

witnessing that for sure fucked them up to some extent 

also

does anyone know the timestamps of when that video was actually taken

like when was logan in japan ?

Edited by bukake

Posted

This was probably one of the most disgusting things I've seen on Youtube in a long time. I caught the original upload, and the whole video is just filled with Logan being disrespectful. You don't need to spend minutes in a video showcasing a dead body and making the body the thumbnail to raise awareness about suicide and depression. It was extremely distasteful and just looked like he wanted to profit off of "finding a body." If he had just cut the entire part where he showed the body and just discussed what had happened after, the video could have been better. But instead, he had to show him and his friends giggling while zooming in on a dead body for at least three minutes. It especially worries me that his main audience are children and preteens, and them thinking it's okay to behave this way in this situation.

also lowkey mad that he was sitting right in the middle of the stairs down to the train station and inconveniencing people as they walked down the stairs all so he could give his speech on depression

Before it was taken down, this was the thumbnail (tw, shows the body): 

Image result for logan paul suicide forest

Posted

What an idiot.

Posted

If you want a rundown of how sick his behavior was without watching the video, here is a rundown in this article.  It wasn't just Logan Paul, but his friends too.  

http://nymag.com/selectall/2018/01/logan-paul-suicide-forest-video-youtube.html

I've moved his thread to little snowflakes.  I'll update it with more details later.  A link in online personalities should remain for 7 days.  

He's earned his place as a snowflake.  And check out his so called "apology".  

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 1.15.07 PM.png

*sees this and  goes back  into the pits of his cave*

I give up upon  humanity and mostly his preteen fans...

honstly as long as he has his fans/supporters and and YouTube being his bitch for his add revenue,he can never be taken down.

Posted

I'll scream in fear and call the police of I see a dangling dead body.

I'll shriek and run and piss my pants in horror if I see Logan Paul.

Posted (edited)

If he had just cut the entire part where he showed the body and just discussed what had happened after, the video could have been better. But instead, he had to show him and his friends giggling while zooming in on a dead body for at least three minutes.

This, 100% this. I agree. Any other YouTuber I can think of would not include that footage and just talk about it later. Like, “yeah we got some cool footage here but had to stop filming because we came across this” and then going into some more (respectful) detail about it. The fact that he didn’t do that just makes me think he wanted to find something like that to include in the vlog.

Edited by AnarchyStocking