• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

facebook Kimu Cosplayer - キム

367 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys I wanted to discuss this cosplayer

I decided to edit the topic since the previous pictures have been deleted and most of the info is outdated. 

• She used to work as a maid in a Dutch maid cafe but was fired with some major drama that followed. 
  • Has had drama (facebook callouts) with friends who cosplayed with her, all of them have in common that she either broke something or talked shit behind their backs. 
  • She photoshops pretty heavily and admitted that in close circles but denied it publically, later on she admitted to shooping but says she doesn't edit selfies. 
  • Has a suspicious activity on facebook when it comes to likes. Her likes count surged from 250 to 20k within one year. 
  • She's a moderator on various facebook accounts where she has access to huge followers where she's allowed to share her own cosplay photo's.

She's Dutch and goes by Kimu/Kimu cos.

Accounts: 

She has been mentioned on 4chan multiple times on the Dutch cosplay board and recently (this year) has been getting a lot of attention on facebook. Was invited to Xtreme moments this month and there have been... Discussions about her. 

I didn't reply to anything in the past to this topic because admittedly, I was too lazy to edit info and such. Also there were pictures from her private account which didn't seem appropriate. 

Some of her pictures

k1.thumb.jpg.4126c50626e1ecc4e445a37e2d723213399_1442555762530278_39523733762039k2.thumb.jpg.9478768d5f3211197120b4ec4db22426366_1422320907887097_62594601882928

A seflie

22894068_1435389856580202_36355189710336

And candids from extreme moments

23550952_2042329685998570_3954927847351323550349_2042320185999520_22229528644490a1.thumb.jpg.f746997c18c407af2626266e279

Edited by sucre
outdated info and pictures, also it was heavily loaded with personal negative emotions

Posted (edited)

I just looked through her page and I don't really see the excessive photoshop?

She uses blur filters here and there but calling it bad and too much photoshop is a bit of a stretch in my opinion, as she's got still enough photos up that look pretty candid, so she doesn't really fake her appearance. You're probably right about her bought followers though.

Soo I don't want to be that person here but is a weeb with bought followers really worth discussing? If you got some more info on her that would make her seem a little more problematic it would be cool if you add in to the first post. Because otherwise I fear this thread will die out rather soon.

Edit: Take this with a grain of salt, since my comment was based on the original start-post of December 2016.

Edited by coffeejunkie

Posted

Yeah,i dont think anything's wrong with her except her bought followers? :alpacaconfused:

She seems cute and nice.:alpacaheadshake: For me theres no problem for cosplayers to use some blur and filters,the problem is if they dont look like what their Photoshopped pic at all (ex: Misa Chiang,Berry Tsukasa) 

Posted (edited)

okay i come back on  pull and damn my comment apparently has dislikes and i dont even know why cause since cause it's from a year ago where she didn't excessively had photoshoots/photoshoping stuff back then and tbh my comment was  innocent soooo okay, deleting it b4 im considered a whiteknight oops. 

Edited by Salis

Posted

Having over 5k likes and barely 100 likes is pretty common on facebook actually. The reach is really terrible. I know people with 9-10k likes that they didn't purchase, and they barely get 200 likes per photo. 

That being said, I really want to know how she became an "official cosplayer" for that Sayapi page. She constantly posts her selfies and photos there, and the quality difference between her stuff and everything else posted is huge. 

Posted (edited)

Having over 5k likes and barely 100 likes is pretty common on facebook actually. The reach is really terrible. I know people with 9-10k likes that they didn't purchase, and they barely get 200 likes per photo. 

That being said, I really want to know how she became an "official cosplayer" for that Sayapi page. She constantly posts her selfies and photos there, and the quality difference between her stuff and everything else posted is huge. 

Yeah, I've become an editor for a fb page and the reach is super shitty and fb kinda forces you to buy your likes or reach to become relevant. Instagram has become the same. 

She became one of the mods, for which you can apply through the links in their fb page bio. When you apply they ask you wether you want to share other cosplayers or your own so they actually give chances to fellow cosplayers to gain some exposure which is nice?

Edited by sucre
typo

Posted

I have no problems with people who buy cosplays or props for characters they truly like. But I do have a problem with this girl. Quite a few, let me list some. 

She apparently thinks cosplay is some sort of race. She always HAS to be the first one to cosplay a popular character of the season that's airing at that time. (Blend S, Kobayashi, Eromanga to give an example) 

For some reason she's trying to cosplay as much fate characters as she can. Even if you love the franchise till death you would take it slow. This girl does like 3-5 fate related cosplays a month. 

She tries to make props but spends no more than maybe half an hour to an hour on it. It looks wonky and her solution to that is to fix it in Photoshop. No respect to the people who like the anime the prop is originally from. 

She sells her cosplays for more than she paid. No one should buy stuff from her. She doesn't even clean the costume when you buy it. She buys a lot of costumes on taobao which is about half the price she asks for it. 

She sells things BEFORE IT EVEN ARRIVES?? From this alone you can tell she has no respect for the costumes/anime at all. I mean.. come on.

The Photoshop gets worse and worse to the point where she doesn't even looks like herself anymore. But nope, according to her the amount of Photoshop is minimal. 

Patrons are paying for a lot of the costumes she wants to buy and are being deceived brilliantly because if any of them met her in real the disappointment would be strong. 

Things are never ever her own fault. Ever. I mean just look at the ordeal with NNN maid cafe.. just wow

Gets sponsored by Bhiner yet complains about it a lot on Facebook. That's so fucked in so many ways. If only they knew. 

Complains about Dutch conventions and communities. Says to never go again but still attends Acon/Abunai.

Will cry about wanting to quit cosplay on Facebook at least 5 times a year. (Pls tell me not to stop and feed my ego :,( )

Buys likes on Facebook and IG. Likes = Everything. How can you even have fun cosplaying like this. 

Shares her content on big pages, doesn't get as much likes as she would have wanted while getting called trap a lot. Then proceed to cry about it to others while later making trap jokes about herself on certain posts.

There are a lot more things about her which makes her the scum of the Dutch cosplay community so it's certainly not surprising a lot of people don't like her. 

(These are opinions from my point of view and things that my friends noticed/experienced)

Posted (edited)

She has no shame in buying instagram followers (and facebook followers). Even "thanking" her fans for the follows (first picture) and promoting it on her profile after having bought around 2000 likes (second picture). How likely is it to lose about 500 followers? And only in a span of roughly a month (at the time of screenshot) with active posting (third picture). In the past, when she was just getting started, after a massive fake facebook profile swipe she made a post about why she suddenly lost 5k.

image1.2.thumb.png.ea35c0d7733dc9afced99

download.thumb.png.316d7e4434d6765e4ac98

Besides complaining about bhiner every once or so, she has been banned from aliexpress because she keeps claiming her items that she receives are broken, incomplete and what not on her social media. Anons on 4Chan have mentioned before how there are foundation stains in the cosplays when they buy it from her. Also borrowing things to her has been a disaster for some, receiving some things even back broken or beyond repair.

(This was not told directly to me by the person in question but it was told to me by a good friend of that person) She even ripped of a commissioner, who at that time was new and the commissioner was scared for someone with such a huge following. Ending up spending more out of their own pocket than receiving the money they should have.

image6.thumb.png.c51f56a06b758dac10b9107

image9.thumb.png.d5e17cc6be2ddd7756ac289

She has also mentioned many times before that she rarely uses filters on her selfies or just denying she did any editing on her pictures, eg in this screenshot. Someone mentioning she looks edited but it's just a sunday morning causing her to look like that. Her selfies are also overshared on large pages (which she is a mod of) and compared to the other content being shared there, it's a massive downgrading on content. 

I've seen raw pictures of her from photographers she worked with before. She demands raws, edits them and sometimes even ends up not crediting them. Her edits are outrageous. Slimming down her face into a V shape while she has a fairly squared face. 

image4.thumb.png.df7a3be44b9831508d815c5image7.thumb.png.b7507370e88a23267876a48

image8.thumb.png.e9818d08478fd70a18155e1

(notes were made by an anon on 4Chan)

257d3c88fa8a1454c6ee1961f3fd7451c224cb19

image12.thumb.png.380a9c7fd2f427844be699She also sets up funds to fund her travels to Asia. As of now only two funds had been set up. One for her trip to china/ taiwan region and one for Philippines for the Xtreme moments event. Only a few donated, but the amount they donated is massive. 

image10.png

These pictures are the ones I've found on 4chan or some that has been shared among friends, I've just put them together.

Edited by g_r104
Clarification and wrong picture was taken out + better pictures added

Posted (edited)

Screenshots of her found in cosplay music videos compared to some of her (recent) photos. Videos are from 2016 or 2017. 

image13.thumb.png.017d02ed44ef5dae0f7705

The amount of editing is just too much, you can't even recognize her. She might have broken her ankle though if she kept that pose any time longer. So much editing and she couldn't repair the hole on her knee.

image14.thumb.png.e21477df9576f6c47a9bfbimage15.thumb.png.1307099dc1c32c92e274c9

Apparently she doesn't know how to take care of her wigs nor how to cut them, since I've been told that most of them are cut by her boyfriend or precut. Not sure if this is true but even during offcon shoots you can see her wig is one big mess (image left). Also I've noticed she doesn't really know how to do good poses or where to leave her feet/ legs like middle and last picture.

image17.thumb.png.1a0dce2ece9638233ef60f

Edited by g_r104
adding bit more info

Posted (edited)

Okay so I didn't want to reply for a while because I was afraid of bumping a dead tread but something happened recently that really rubbed me the wrong way. 

She opened a fundraizr last month to pay for her trip to the Philippines, for an event she was supposedly invited to.  And this month, about 2 weeks ago she wanted to travel to Japan for a vacation, which she suddenly could afford. She has patreon money, fundraiser money, a study (which the government partially pays for and free traveling within NL) and mind you she has a job and doesn't have to pay rent. She commutes to school, which is free. At first she just wanted to go and if she couldn't that wouldn't be a big deal. 

Screenshot_20171216-155105.thumb.png.cb1

Then a few days later she started posting on her ig story and fb that she probs wouldn't go anymore

_20171227_003907.JPG

And then she suddenly posted that thanks to her friends she is able to go (I wasn't in time to have it screened). 

I usually don't like commenting people on what they should spend their money but for someone who clearly gets much more money with way less to spend it on than your average cosplayer she always seems to have money issues but she can afford to spend money on a shitload of food, inland traveling and clothes and cosplay but wants others to pay for her flights? It really rubs me the wrong way. 

She's going to Japan while complaining about money and shit but she endlessly updates what she bought and ate ect. 

Also she got a lot of backlash on 4chan for a while so she posted this _20171227_003936.JPG

(I got this screenshot through a friend) and she seems to brag about having a job and study but she can't afford the lavish lifestyle she's trying to live by herself. 

It's not even that she asks for it but she let's people, her "fans" pay for it. She always promotes her patreon on her posts and pics and even when she doodles she says she'll only do it for commissions. Everything is about money while she can't even give proper quality in return. 

I mean look at what she tries to sell her fans and friends

kek1.thumb.PNG.d5929ee3669543abb9fef3652kek2.thumb.PNG.14308365fcf4ed310ae88589b

I've also heard and firsthand seen the way she treats her cosplays and wigs she sells or borrows, yes borrows from others. 

Hey cosplays are outright dirty and unwashed before reselling at much higher prices (including this d.va set) and her wigs are a ginormous mess. Choppy sloppy cuts and super tangled. 

She at one point borrowed a new cosplay from a friend and posted she "didn't dare cut the wig" for which she wasn't even given permission to do so anyway and it was returned as a mess. 

kek3.thumb.PNG.5862329134da00380cd90d964

I also heard from lot of people that she's a bad poser btw, she's so focused on her face that she doesn't know what to do with the rest of her body. 

Edited by sucre
Added the text, I had my pictures on my phone

Posted (edited)

Waitwhat she tried to sell that botched D.Va staff for 100 euro? 😱

-edit 

okay she tried to sell a full set cos for 100 euro but still...that botched staff really irked me so much. I wouldn’t even dare to try selling it to anyone if I were her...

Edited by IchigoBanana

Posted

Waitwhat she tried to sell that botched D.Va staff for 100 euro? 😱

-edit 

okay she tried to sell a full set cos for 100 euro but still...that botched staff really irked me so much. I wouldn’t even dare to try selling it to anyone if I were her...

She is selling it for 40 euros separately. Had to wait for a friend to screenshot it, since I'm not in that group, but for something that you shouldn't except much off, that's a very high price. If you were to go to uwowo, the whole set she's selling would be $105 (± €91) without wig and $117 (± €102) with wig (which isn't included in her sale). Ofcourse the price is without shipping and I took the full price and not the sale price (to make it somewhat fair), but I would rather pay a few tens more and get a brand new one, WITH wig and WITH a good prop than getting something that took her 1 hour to make and 2 minutes to paint...

image19.thumb.png.38b9723ef432890e96efa6

Posted

Okay so this is a bit ranty and not really constructive, but I just really don't like this girl. I guess I'm kind of salty that she has so many followers while she buys all her cosplays, when there are other people who are much more talented with maybe a couple of hundred followers. It also irked me when she made a post about selling her costume when it hadn't even arrived yet... Like.. can't you just wait a few weeks until you've had your shoot and then make a post??

But can someone fill me in on the NNN drama? tbh I found that place shady from the start but haven't really kept up with it.

Posted

Okay so this is a bit ranty and not really constructive, but I just really don't like this girl. I guess I'm kind of salty that she has so many followers while she buys all her cosplays, when there are other people who are much more talented with maybe a couple of hundred followers. It also irked me when she made a post about selling her costume when it hadn't even arrived yet... Like.. can't you just wait a few weeks until you've had your shoot and then make a post??

But can someone fill me in on the NNN drama? tbh I found that place shady from the start but haven't really kept up with it.

These are the only things I've found on 4chan... And I only know snippets of how she was in the cafe so I'm actually very curious as well on what the exact details are.

For those who don't know NNN, it's a dutch maid cafe called Neko Neko Ni. They usually stand on dutch conventions but have been to Belgium once or twice. They did rent a spot in The Hague at the SET cafe but the contract ended recently. The owner is an older male of 30+ and has the reputation of liking and "falling in love" with girls who are underage etc. etc. hence the name "pedo" that one anon gives him on 4chan. Maid requirements from what I know are 18-22 but you can work there if you're younger IF you have parental permission. They did open spots to accept new maids, but the creepy thing is, you had to send in multiple FULL body pictures and multiple face pictures. 

1513293173034_(1).thumb.png.7c9f433c6224

Schermafbeelding_2017-12-27_om_19.35.55.

snowflake.thumb.png.7f77736f8993a9cd936b

> Kimu always brings drama into the cafe and was one of the reasons some maids left, she cannot keep work and private separated.

> She actually rarely shows up to her shifts, (neither do most of the maids) so sometimes the owner ends up working alone in his maid cafe. She only does it for the free con tickets.

> Is rude to customers.

rude_to_customers.thumb.png.4e19cddc49fc

Posted

These are the only things I've found on 4chan... And I only know snippets of how she was in the cafe so I'm actually very curious as well on what the exact details are.

For those who don't know NNN, it's a dutch maid cafe called Neko Neko Ni. They usually stand on dutch conventions but have been to Belgium once or twice. They did rent a spot in The Hague at the SET cafe but the contract ended recently. The owner is an older male of 30+ and has the reputation of liking and "falling in love" with girls who are underage etc. etc. hence the name "pedo" that one anon gives him on 4chan. Maid requirements from what I know are 18-22 but you can work there if you're younger IF you have parental permission. They did open spots to accept new maids, but the creepy thing is, you had to send in multiple FULL body pictures and multiple face pictures. 

1513293173034_(1).thumb.png.7c9f433c6224

Schermafbeelding_2017-12-27_om_19.35.55.

snowflake.thumb.png.7f77736f8993a9cd936b

> Kimu always brings drama into the cafe and was one of the reasons some maids left, she cannot keep work and private separated.

> She actually rarely shows up to her shifts, (neither do most of the maids) so sometimes the owner ends up working alone in his maid cafe. She only does it for the free con tickets.

> Is rude to customers.

rude_to_customers.thumb.png.4e19cddc49fc

NNN is a whole different thing deserving of it's own topic on pull tbh, they entire cafe is just drama on drama on drama. 

And although most of these allegations are true, it's not just kimu who ruins the cafe. It's just the atmosphere in the cafe. It doesn't help that she's a huge backstabber. 

And it irks a lot of people that she is so twofaced. If you know her irl she will only be pleasant if she needs something from you. for ex:

A lot of photographers don't enjoy working with her when it comes to posing but she's able to keep a very professional attitude towards them in general. So they will continue to work with them because a relationship with her will be beneficial when it comes to exposure. 

If you have connections she will be very nice to you. If you are a good cosplayer she will be nice to you. 

If you are however a community nobody she will barely bother communicating. She will borrow your stuff without credit and return it broken or dirtied. She doesn't even bother washing her used cosplays which to me shows just how little respect she has to her fellow cosplayers. 

I rate 1/10 don't recommend.