• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Tana Mongeau

622 posts in this topic

Posted

This assistant drama is hilarious 

Posted

is that pretty recent?

Posted

What is even more hilarious is the drama between her and iDubbbz.

Posted

Fill us in.

Posted (edited)

tana made a video about idubbbz buying a $200 ticket to come to her meet and greet just to "locks his arm around" her neck when in fact it was just around her shoulder and "yelling", making her say the n word. he didn't yell nor forced her, like how you know you say "cheese" when taking a picture, idubbbz said "niggerr". 

i'm fucking laughing to be honest. she called idubbbz out before for saying the n word on his channel, told him to go kill himself. but now she's triggered and blowing things out of proportion, exaggerating the shit out of everything for the sake of her career (telling exaggerated storytimes on youtube?). she can tell him to go kill himself but once she starts getting hate for her hypocrisy, she's crying all over snapchat and younow, playing the victim card. mind you, tana used the n word in a degrading manner before. she can say she was 13 and dumb all she wants, but she used the word negatively, so she must've known. and it wasn't that she's fucking 5 to not know that the context she used it in was offensive. 

here's tana video:

here's the meet and greet footage: 

dolan dark's video which was removed for "hate speech" so he had to reupload a "friendly version" lol wtf youtube: 

https://youtu.be/tFQBaEb8APA

Edited by MoonSun
added dolan's video just cuz

Posted

can u show where tana told idubbz to kill himself? :alpacaconfused:

Posted (edited)

i'm not gonna go search for the tweet but here is a thumbnail from seth bishop's video when she said it about a month ago. 

IMG_1543.JPG

uhm

Edited by MoonSun

Posted

Wow. I never liked Tana Mongeau in the first place but thanks for the thread, good to know that she is not exactly what she preaches. I wasn't aware of the kind of person she is, but the first impressions I had of her from the 2 videos I watched weren't the best. I don't expect youtubers to have a 100% polished behaviour but her vulgar language really throws me off, her 'humour' is cringey and there are topics that she should rather avoid. Like the latest one, where she discusses social issues and politics... Really? Not to sound pretentious, but I am not interested to hear or form my own opinions based on the chick who makes videos like I FOUGHT A GROWN ASS COUPLE ON THE AIRPORT!!111. Not only because she clearly lacks knowledge and information but also because that's not what her teenage audience, which is probably way more than half of her audience, is interested to hear. They just want freaking tutorials and exaggerated storytime videos. Stick to it.

Posted

tana made a video about idubbbz buying a $200 ticket to come to her meet and greet just to "locks his arm around" her neck when in fact it was just around her shoulder and "yelling", making her say the n word. he didn't yell nor forced her, like how you know you say "cheese" when taking a picture, idubbbz said "niggerr". 

i'm fucking laughing to be honest. she called idubbbz out before for saying the n word on his channel, told him to go kill himself. but now she's triggered and blowing things out of proportion, exaggerating the shit out of everything for the sake of her career (telling exaggerated storytimes on youtube?). she can tell him to go kill himself but once she starts getting hate for her hypocrisy, she's crying all over snapchat and younow, playing the victim card. mind you, tana used the n word in a degrading manner before. she can say she was 13 and dumb all she wants, but she used the word negatively, so she must've known. and it wasn't that she's fucking 5 to not know that the context she used it in was offensive. 

here's tana video:

here's the meet and greet footage: 

dolan dark's video which was removed for "hate speech" so he had to reupload a "friendly version" lol wtf youtube: 

Racial slurs are defined as hate speech in numerous countries and I'm tired of people (in general) making excuses for Idubbbz saying that he does it in a "funny" way. He literally went to her meet-up for the sake of making her uncomfortable so I don't get why you are calling her "triggered". In my opinion it's obvious that most people would be upset by someone throwing around the N-word. 

I find it kinda weird that you call Tana a hypocrite for telling Idubbbz to kill himself (and calling him out) when he, previously, has told numerous people the exact same thing. I don't think using racial slurs or telling someone to kill themselves are justified in any way. And I'm not trying to defend Tana, but I've seen a lot of responses saying "stfu you triggered snowflake!!1!1!!" which is rather annoying because advocating against racism should be common sense? And it should be obvious that, even though she might be playing it up, it genuinely upset her.

I'm not black/American so I really don't have much to say about this other than what Idubbbz did/does is racist and I wish he'd stop normalizing the usage of slurs. On one hand I'm glad someone called him out on it, but on the other hand I don't know if Tana was the right person as it seems like she blew up what actually happened.

Posted

Racial slurs are defined as hate speech in numerous countries and I'm tired of people (in general) making excuses for Idubbbz saying that he does it in a "funny" way. He literally went to her meet-up for the sake of making her uncomfortable so I don't get why you are calling her "triggered". In my opinion it's obvious that most people would be upset by someone throwing around the N-word. 

I find it kinda weird that you call Tana a hypocrite for telling Idubbbz to kill himself (and calling him out) when he, previously, has told numerous people the exact same thing. I don't think using racial slurs or telling someone to kill themselves are justified in any way. And I'm not trying to defend Tana, but I've seen a lot of responses saying "stfu you triggered snowflake!!1!1!!" which is rather annoying because advocating against racism should be common sense? And it should be obvious that, even though she might be playing it up, it genuinely upset her.

I'm not black/American so I really don't have much to say about this other than what Idubbbz did/does is racist and I wish he'd stop normalizing the usage of slurs. On one hand I'm glad someone called him out on it, but on the other hand I don't know if Tana was the right person as it seems like she blew up what actually happened.

i don't know if my post made it seem that way, but i'm not defending idubbbz. though it is his humor and comedy, i still don't find saying the n word funny and i cringe everytime anyone say it. i NEVER said it was ok for idubbbz yet a problem because it's tana. there are debates whether or not saying the n word in idubbbz situation (comedy) can be consider satire and not as a racial slur, but i'm not black, i cannot decide whether or not people should or shouldn't get offended over it. it's still a word i'd rather not use or hear. 

i honestly doubt tana is advocating for anything here, and i hope i'm wrong. sure idubbbz was weird af for coming to her fanmeet and said that word, but i think he's doing it for a video he's making on her after she told him to go kill himself a month prior. she brought his attention upon her channel then i think and now he's doing his reasearch for a video (maybe a content cop). we're discussing tana here aren't we? that's why i'm talking about HER and why SHE'S a hypocrite. trying not to derail here and discuss idubbbz, maybe he needs a different thread.

on the topic of tana, i don't feel sorry to think that her storytime about this situation was exaggerated as hell after seeing the video of the meet up that it was no where near as "terrifying" with idubbbz "locking his arm around her neck" like she stated nor was he "yelling", "forcing" her to say the n word. yes she's a hypocrite, yes i think most of her storytimes are bs and blown out of proportion, just like this one. and she is TRIGGERED, not because of the n word, but because she's afraid idubbbz is going to make a video on her and cause her to lose subscribers (like leafy) and sends millions of hate towards her channel (she said this on younow).  

Posted

She said that she didn't know what the N word meant when she was younger, but she said "YOU FUCKING N*****"

The clip of her saying that was from before she apologized and said that she didn't know. But she used it in a way that does offend people. How does someone use a word like that with the hard R in that context, then try to blame ignorance? She knew the effect of that word when she said it before, but she's trying to say that she's ignorant because she was younger when she said it.

she also said that Mac Miller said it, so she thought it was ok, when Mac Miller said in an interview that he doesn't think that he should say it or rap it in songs he makes.

This is from HiphopDX. I'll put the link... http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.18791/title.mac-miller-gives-his-take-on-eminem-yelawolf-use-of-the-n-word

Miller added that Yelawolf’s style appealed to him because he crossed lines between genres, and later co-signed earlier statements made by the Shady Records rapper about white rappers’ use of the N-word. ” I agree with Yelawolf: I don’t think any white rapper should be using [the N-word]. Whether you’re a rapper or a cashier [that rule applies]. I nd it ridiculous that it’s even up for debate. I wasn’t raised to ever use that word, so I don’t see any circumstance where that would be appropriate.”

So if she did say it when she was 13 or 14, that would be 4 or 5 years ago, right? That would have been around the time that this interview with Mac came out, also when he was more popular.

(Not really sure if she was actually 13-14 in those videos, because some people are saying that it was maybe 2 years ago when she said that? I don't really know if she's actually telling the truth or not. If someone can confirm her age in those videos, then that would be great! Thanks!)

I think she's a problem. Not only does she seem to exagerate things to a huge extent in story times, but she also seems to do it IRL. I liked her content, but I'm pretty sure it's getting to the point of her using small encounters and making it into story times that are blowing it out of proportion. Plus, seeming to blame ignorance when she used that slur, even though she used it in a hurtful way in a hurtful context.

Posted

i don't know if my post made it seem that way, but i'm not defending idubbbz. though it is his humor and comedy, i still don't find saying the n word funny and i cringe everytime anyone say it. i NEVER said it was ok for idubbbz yet a problem because it's tana. there are debates whether or not saying the n word in idubbbz situation (comedy) can be consider satire and not as a racial slur, but i'm not black, i cannot decide whether or not people should or shouldn't get offended over it. it's still a word i'd rather not use or hear. 

Ah, I hope it didn't seem like I thought you were defending him. I should probably have been more clear about the fact that I meant it's mainly his fans who make excuses for him. But thank you for clarifying what you meant! :alpacacrush: 

Posted

I'm not sure where she addressed that her using the N word when she was 13 was wrong, but I think she is lying about that. She is naturally brunette, and in the video proof of her saying the N word, she was blonde. When she started YouTube, she had blonde hair. I would say she got it anywhere from turning 15 to turning 16. She said it took her 4 years to realise what the N word meant (at least what I heard). So say she was 15 in the video below, she would have realised the meaning of it when she was 19, but she is only 18. These might be her extensions, but I honestly don't know anything about hair products, colours etc. I asked a friend of mine, who stans Tana, if 15 was when she got blonde hair and if I was correct. She said I was an somewhere in her videos she says that as well. Opinions or things I missed out on?

Posted

Its not using the racial slur that bothers me, its the hypocrisy behind her use of it, lying, then caling out idubbz, then crying about it.

Its her stupid exaggerating storytime persona bleeding over into her real self making this ten times more overdramatic and wah wah poor me I'm the victim than it actually is. 

Posted

Ok like... Everyone makes mistakes and has done stupid shit in their lifetime. But instead of making excuses and pretending you didn't know any better, I think it'd be best to just apologize and admit that you were being stupid?  Like trying to say you didn't know what you were doing encourages comments like "oh, don't feel bad!! It's not like you knew" and kinda... Brushes it off a bit, if that makes sense? I have white friends who said the n-word before in middle school but they acknowledge it as a mistake and I respect that they don't try to add excuses to make their own image better.