• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Emily Mei / emilythemermaid

1160 posts in this topic

Posted

Why is her eyelid nowhere to be found in the video screenshots?
But in selfies her double eyelid is so prominent!?

Because it's hidden behind the eyeliner and she's facing straight forward. I honestly don't think the make up looks nice, especially the eye make up seems really unflattering.

Posted

im really disappointed that she has changed her look so much. she was so so so SO beautiful and genuine before. now she just looks like she popped out of a kpop factory. she had REAL beauty - the kind where people would have gotten surgery to look like her original face. srsly wtf?

Posted

im really disappointed that she has changed her look so much. she was so so so SO beautiful and genuine before. now she just looks like she popped out of a kpop factory. she had REAL beauty - the kind where people would have gotten surgery to look like her original face. srsly wtf?

totally agree. i feel like she has some kind of identity crisis with her edits because sometimes she edits to look more korean but other times she goes more extreme with the nose shoop to look almost eurasian (like the pic i attached where she has a super thin, prominent nose) if that makes any sense.

if she was more consistent and stuck to one style (and was more open about it instead of lying) i personally wouldn't have a problem with her editing, it looks nice overall in my opinion. I just really don't know why she tries so hard to deny it because denying shoops is just scummy tbh. 

I get insecurity over having a round, wider face and it's something i relate to  - but asian people in general like myself just have wider temples and there are many models like liu wen and xiao wen ju who are proud of having a face shape similar to hers and still look gorgeous and unique. it's an ethnic feature that she tries so unbelievably hard to erase and idk that just rubs me the wrong way.

i always thought she looked so pretty and more feminine and softer in her candids + unedited photos than the ones she puts up on ig. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 7.36.32 PM.png

Posted

Idk I think that ultimately she's just very very average in many ways. It's one of the things people who see her irl comment on. And maybe she's very aware and that's why she feels the need to play up like a clown with editing, flexing her riches, playing 'K-idol' and social climbing, because without all that, what has she actually got? A shitty personality

Truth!!!

Posted

Idk I think that ultimately she's just very very average in many ways. It's one of the things people who see her irl comment on. And maybe she's very aware and that's why she feels the need to play up like a clown with editing, flexing her riches, playing 'K-idol' and social climbing, because without all that, what has she actually got? A shitty personality

I feel that part of the reason why she seems so average in unedited photos is because of her edited images. She provided this unrealistic expectation to people looking at her edited face. When expectation exceeds reality too much, it is not alarming that people get "disappointed" and rated her as lower than they usually would. If she kept her real, unedited face on her social media, I feel that people, at least not everyone, will not consider her as just average. This is evident with some people here (including me) thinking her real face is actually quite attractive.

Posted

her photoshop/edits are really inconsistent.

Posted

hmm

7B5C0974-4DC5-40BE-9E01-71934E7D7461.jpeg

Posted

HAHAHAAH Thank you so much for bringing this up. We literally need to start calling out these social climbers ASAP. Randy and Porky (aka Mark) have literally been doing what Emily has been doing  ---> Social Climbing, using their friends as food to grow their social media. Just joined after Googling Emily Ghoul and this popped up on the first page. I LOVE IT.

Please lets put these guys on blast some more.

LOL can this be any more TRUE! Emily was totally with Got 7 when that fiasco happened. She trying to hide and play all innocent. 

Really hate how she tries to be relate-able while wearing all these design clothes and playing the woah is me I'm a nerd. 

Wait a fucking tool.

wait kiirsten? isn’t she her “bestfriend”

Posted (edited)

So I'm really new to here and just be here wondering if Kiirsten and Emily still friends? I just found out that they don't follow each other anymore.

Edited by justwondering

Posted

wait kiirsten? isn’t she her “bestfriend”

I think her and kiirstin friend-broke up...as emily has a habit of doing w all her "friends". they are no longer following each other on instagram.  Christina liu was her best friend too at one point.  i wonder why/how amber is still friends w her??? pretty sure amber is as super chill and genuine, as she appears to be.

Posted

I think her and kiirstin friend-broke up...as emily has a habit of doing w all her "friends". they are no longer following each other on instagram.  Christina liu was her best friend too at one point.  i wonder why/how amber is still friends w her??? pretty sure amber is as super chill and genuine, as she appears to be.

right??? like i just feel that amber just see the good in everyone even tho that person might be using her. she really have to pick better friends in my opinion. quality is still bettwr than quantity

Posted

I feel like since Amber is one of her most famous friends, Emily takes "more care" of their relationship bc if something goes bad she will loose important connections (with Amber and Ambers friends)

(no really, I always have had the feeling that Emiliy is the kind of friend who is always bragging about stuff and only calling you and being extra-nice when she needs something from you, which is doable the first times but then you get tired of her very quickly)

Posted

totally agree. i feel like she has some kind of identity crisis with her edits because sometimes she edits to look more korean but other times she goes more extreme with the nose shoop to look almost eurasian (like the pic i attached where she has a super thin, prominent nose) if that makes any sense.

if she was more consistent and stuck to one style (and was more open about it instead of lying) i personally wouldn't have a problem with her editing, it looks nice overall in my opinion. I just really don't know why she tries so hard to deny it because denying shoops is just scummy tbh. 

I get insecurity over having a round, wider face and it's something i relate to  - but asian people in general like myself just have wider temples and there are many models like liu wen and xiao wen ju who are proud of having a face shape similar to hers and still look gorgeous and unique. it's an ethnic feature that she tries so unbelievably hard to erase and idk that just rubs me the wrong way.

i always thought she looked so pretty and more feminine and softer in her candids + unedited photos than the ones she puts up on ig. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 7.36.32 PM.png

Is this even the same person? Doesnt look Asian at all in the second pic.

Posted

didn't recognize her for a second. looks like a whole new person yikes

Screen Shot 2019-06-22 at 4.23.26 PM.png