• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Johanna's Youtube

15 posts in this topic

Posted

I figured this deserved its own topic considering that it seems that doing makeup tutorials on YT is going to be a thing from now on. 

So about a year ago Johanna decided to do two small mini tutorials on brow care:

Then about 2 months ago she did a smokey eye tutorial. 

From what I recall of the video she didn't show her face fully (like straight up in the beginning she covers the bottom of her face so there you go) just brief glimpses and a lot of eyebrow waggling.

Now enter her most recent tutorial featuring Farg's fade proof lip pencils:

Basic run-down of the video in terms of how much she shows her face here:

- favors her preferred angle at 3/4s pose, appears a bit awkward due to this, perhaps b/c of the nose pulling and sucking in her cheeks while smiling. Just a guess.

- i feel there must be some editing to the jawline as it looks kinda wobbly in areas, and her chin skews to the side at certain moments (specifically area above the chin moves inward, which makes bottom of the chin look more pronounced). It's possible some of this is just facial muscle movements. But I've said this before and I'll say it again: Johanna is very careful with what she posts online, which includes what she incorporates into her videos. Meaning if she edits her videos (which I think we've confirmed a few times already) then she's very careful to make sure there aren't any obvious slip-ups. 

- Uses her Thickening/Lengthening mascara, but since she's wearing falsies, all we have to go off of is the several coats it took to get her bottom lashes to look like that. so i still don't know how this looks in terms of before/after eyelashes. Spoilering my comments on this since it doesn't pertain to the video:

(seriously why is Johanna so bad at this? like she even said it herself that makeup commercials for mascara featured falsies in the advertising so how do you know what the mascara actually looks like by itself. and like, if you're marketing a product that claims to be thickening/lengthening, wouldn't it make sense to show a side-by-side comparison illustrating how it works instead of just the final product?)

at some point I'll put the thing into photoshop and look at the individual frames to see if there's anything really telling. but imo this argument is over. Johanna sho0p's and filters her content online, which shapes how people perceive her. 

tl;dr it's a great example of the myth of photographic truth. end of story.

Posted

I'd say she's leveled up her editing if the shots used weren't so obviously posed (hold still, Jo, it'll make it easier to edit your nose and jawline). 

One thing that bugs me is that the camera unfocuses repeatedly throughout the video. And apparently she's playing this off as intentional?

blur001.thumb.PNG.1a40e2883693edbfca6165

blur002.thumb.PNG.b38de7137901d1ea8c2eca

Lol is she trolling or is this an actual thing.

Posted

I've seen a few people on youtube who do make up tutorials who do this- I think it's so annoying and distracting. I get wanting an aesthetic but I think it just looks bad. 

Posted

I honestly believe that "aesthetic" in her case is just a poor excuse, we all know she does that so people cant see her real  face...also is so cringy that she is in the same angle during the video but I guess is to hide the real shape of her face... probably she is doing that thing with ther nose as well...

Posted

I'm sorry but what is that? Is her face dirty? I don't get it.

8g0EzoV.jpg

Posted

I'm sorry but what is that? Is her face dirty? I don't get it.

8g0EzoV.jpg

*Lispy voice* Aesthetic.

Posted

:alpacaconfused: Her newest video shows how she does her freckles, she sprays her face with hair root cover up. No wonder it looks dirty. Also it can't be good for her skin

Posted

oh dear god those eyebrows are horrendous

Posted

So Jo uploaded a new youtube video and for some reason.. ahem, she didnt link it on her twitter/insta/etc. Just on her insta story. so in case she ever deletes it, i have it saved..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zT4YHpJUjXk

Posted

So Jo uploaded a new youtube video and for some reason.. ahem, she didnt link it on her twitter/insta/etc. Just on her insta story. so in case she ever deletes it, i have it saved..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zT4YHpJUjXk

The only thing I could notice in this video was the permanent forehead wrinkle expression throughout the entire video. She's going to have some very deep lines if she keeps doing that.

Posted (edited)

I found that video so...cringy, like , can you stop making faces? like...you dont need to be funny ...when you dont know how to...people follow you for your looks, not for your tumblr personality (?)

Edited by Glanni Glaepur

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6BjHBFgMM

Another no talking all practiced and posed faces video that doesn't give insight to her actual looks.

This makes me think of the differences between an INFLUENCER and a MODEL.  A model poses and looks good.  An influencer at least TRIES to pretend to be authentic.

Johanna is a model, not an influencer.  She cares more about hanging her jaw off it's hinges and using one camera angle to make her nonexistent cheekbones show to convince everybody but herself that she's some bony faced goddess.  No.  Her cheeks are squishy and pinchable and it's too bad that she doesn't like it.  But to be an influencer you have to talk to the camera more often and not from such extreme angles with a tense face.  Be authentic or just model. 

She wants to be an influencer but is lacking in the personality aspect of her online persona.

Off topic:  There should be a thread for her photography.  Contrary to popular belief, a dslr and bokeh and depth of field don't make a good photo and having aesthetic and everything out of focus is a cop out to hide it.  She spends money on cameras and lenses but never improves.  Hell she barely even posts photography.

Posted

I feel so weird updating here because, unlike how she thinks she's the apple of our eye, her thread is deader than a tree in Winter.

You can guess what it is: lots of shallow depth of field (girl can't bring herself to change that goddamn FSTOP), sickening vanity, and a shitty faded filter that every super unique individual person on youtube does.

PS is she trying to be Gina S?  I know she's up her ass on Twitter.  Next, Jo's prolly gonna get fake boobs too.

Posted

I feel so weird updating here because, unlike how she thinks she's the apple of our eye, her thread is deader than a tree in Winter.

You can guess what it is: lots of shallow depth of field (girl can't bring herself to change that goddamn FSTOP), sickening vanity, and a shitty faded filter that every super unique individual person on youtube does.

PS is she trying to be Gina S?  I know she's up her ass on Twitter.  Next, Jo's prolly gonna get fake boobs too.

I’m not quite sure since both of them have that clean/minimalist aesthetic. It’s also just a really common style that everyone and their mom likes. That said I wouldn’t mind seeing someone drawing comparisons in their videos to see how similar they are. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jo got cosmetic surgery since she’s been pretty upfront about wanting implants for a long time now. I’m not necessarily against her wanting them, but I sort of question it just because she has pretty nice tits to begin with. Like, why would you want to run the risk of all sorts of health complications from implants when you’re already blessed lol.

RE: her vlog - I was always under the impression that Johanna was at home by herself most of the time since she apparently doesn’t have a job and her IG stories are pretty scant on a social life outside of PR events, but the video really hits the reality home in a pretty depressing way considering it’s titled “My Mornings”. She wakes up alone, takes Chico for a walk, has breakfast, does her skincare routine, and watches Modern Family. Really wouldn’t be surprised if she adopted Chico in part to keep her own mental health in check.

If she reads this she’s probably going to shitpost about it in the next couple weeks like making that assessment based on her social media output doesn’t mean anything because everyone is entitled to a private life and no one has to upload their life online. That’s fair. She doesn’t post all that much even when she’s at PR events. But honestly, I’ve been following for a couple years, and all the stuff she posts makes her seem like a homebody.

Like, I can’t imagine anyone with a healthy social life or satisfying hobbies/skills feeling guilty over playing video games in the middle of the day. Especially considering how little she actually posts and feels the >need< to be generating content constantly. If you feel guilty over having that sort of routine, you’re not doing what you feel you should be better spending your time on. But that’s just my 2 cents on the matter. 

Posted

I’m not quite sure since both of them have that clean/minimalist aesthetic. It’s also just a really common style that everyone and their mom likes. That said I wouldn’t mind seeing someone drawing comparisons in their videos to see how similar they are. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jo got cosmetic surgery since she’s been pretty upfront about wanting implants for a long time now. I’m not necessarily against her wanting them, but I sort of question it just because she has pretty nice tits to begin with. Like, why would you want to run the risk of all sorts of health complications from implants when you’re already blessed lol.

RE: her vlog - I was always under the impression that Johanna was at home by herself most of the time since she apparently doesn’t have a job and her IG stories are pretty scant on a social life outside of PR events, but the video really hits the reality home in a pretty depressing way considering it’s titled “My Mornings”. She wakes up alone, takes Chico for a walk, has breakfast, does her skincare routine, and watches Modern Family. Really wouldn’t be surprised if she adopted Chico in part to keep her own mental health in check.

If she reads this she’s probably going to shitpost about it in the next couple weeks like making that assessment based on her social media output doesn’t mean anything because everyone is entitled to a private life and no one has to upload their life online. That’s fair. She doesn’t post all that much even when she’s at PR events. But honestly, I’ve been following for a couple years, and all the stuff she posts makes her seem like a homebody.

Like, I can’t imagine anyone with a healthy social life or satisfying hobbies/skills feeling guilty over playing video games in the middle of the day. Especially considering how little she actually posts and feels the >need< to be generating content constantly. If you feel guilty over having that sort of routine, you’re not doing what you feel you should be better spending your time on. But that’s just my 2 cents on the matter. 

A swedish hikikomori.

Remember when she used to take photos of herself being outside instead of in front of a fake backdrop and under artificial lighting?

Her self photography has devolved into 'same pose different makeup'.  She uploaded today and surprise surprise her hair was tightly tied back and head was slightly tilted, a half-stoned expression on her face and drowning in a half-saturated pink hazy filter.

The psycho body wash photos were more interesting, funnily enough.  She constantly whines about people 'sleeping' on her posts (which shows what an ego she has) but does the same shit in different diapers.

Do a mix of indoor AND outdoor photos.  Crazy AND wearable makeup.  Candid photos AND posed photos.  Have a goddamn mix and quit worrying about the look of your full instagram layout.  Variety is the spice of life, not nasty ass pink salt, which is what her feed makes me think of.

That's what I'll call her filter - pink salt.