• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Alida Simone

1522 posts in this topic

Posted

tbh i really don't think it's right to judge how someone acts when they're grieving. it's obvious her look/connection to the culture she likes is something of a coping mechanism to her, and while certain aspects of it probably aren't healthy, people rarely act rationally during times like this. not posting this to try to like, scold anyone else bc i don't think anyone's really been too bad about it but just saying.

Posted

0CA9A60C-3D76-4620-96AE-B63E3C8222B0.thu

Spirit Animals is a bastardization of a collection of traditions among some Native American tribes. The use of spirit animal in popular culture infantilizes and patronizes a long standing indigenous belief system and contributes to the religious and cultural oppression of indigenous peoples.

Claiming spirit animals is not only cultural appropriation but it also normalizes the idea that all tribes hold the same belief systems that can be commodified. This objectifies an extremely diverse and deep culture into dream catchers and clay pots sold by non-native people to road-trippers and tourists that romanticize a return to a “traditional” Native American culture. But what can you expect from someone who said “fuck culture” to inuit people when she was called out for criticizing seal hunt only to start eating hamburgers again in a year.

Posted

0CA9A60C-3D76-4620-96AE-B63E3C8222B0.thu

Spirit Animals is a bastardization of a collection of traditions among some Native American tribes. The use of spirit animal in popular culture infantilizes and patronizes a long standing indigenous belief system and contributes to the religious and cultural oppression of indigenous peoples.

Claiming spirit animals is not only cultural appropriation but it also normalizes the idea that all tribes hold the same belief systems that can be commodified. This objectifies an extremely diverse and deep culture into dream catchers and clay pots sold by non-native people to road-trippers and tourists that romanticize a return to a “traditional” Native American culture. But what can you expect from someone who said “fuck culture” to inuit people when she was called out for criticizing seal hunt only to start eating hamburgers again in a year.

Are those the real crystals she’s talking about? She’ll probably come up with the excuse that one of her boyfriends is Native. Her whole business was already sus to begin with since the original hot glued flower bikinis were plagiarized from the YSL haute couture floral wedding dress and Zahia Dehar’s lingerie line. I’m sure she’ll have no problem profiting off of other people’s culture.

Posted

She reads this thread religiously so she obviously has read my post about her knock off spirit animals but ofc she doesn’t care and has decided to pursue profiting off sacred practices anyways. She repeatedly makes anti-native statements and gets away with it like she has gotten away with her racism all this time yet her fans think she’s some angel uwu

F66C0F07-D035-4BD5-AB68-C52599C7B836.jpeg

Posted

You can typically tell when a Crystal is real or just dyed glass by testing out the hardness.

using the hardness test makes it easy to determine if a Crystal is genuine.

usually they cost a lot and come in bigger sizes than the ones Simone uses.

They're knock offs of holistic and conscious culture as well as witchcraft, they make beads based on chakras and the stones and crystals energies and have to be made when one isn’t in a negative tone as it can soil and taint the bracelet. The same when harvesting sage.

Rose Quarts is a Crystal That is rather pricey as well for its universal use and is promise of love, romance, protection, etc.

Shes not only stealing from Native Culture but also Buddhism, Haitian Lore and Voodoo, as well as many other cultures known heavily for Naturalism/witchcraft. 

If she just gave credit where credit was due like many other sites that sell these items, she would be in the clear.

Posted

Looks like someone has been downvoting since they signed up for this site.

E30B1AAA-DC99-488E-9BCB-2684BB145221.png

Posted

Been lurking this thread but I HAD to sign up to comment on how ridiculous her makeup tutorial is. What’s with the extremely high pitched fake voice? Anyone who’s ever seen one of her livestreams knows that’s not what her real voice sounds like. It’s sooooo cringey i actually had to click out after half a minute. I get the whole daddy’s little girl aesthetic but the way she does it is not even cute, it’s just straight up embarrassing lmfaoooo omg 

Posted

:-(

BE7D9D7C-7C6C-4B54-AA20-A30F185D5230.jpeg

Posted

:-(

BE7D9D7C-7C6C-4B54-AA20-A30F185D5230.jpeg

I genuinely feel bad for her because I can relate 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Dollparts

Posted

She's still racist. Yesterday she made an Instagram live showing off her new grill, and for at least the first 3 minutes she's snapping her fingers and saying "bitchhhhh" while moving that hand up and down, as she was trynna act what she considers "ghetto" 

Disgusted yet not surprised

Screenshot_2018-12-18-12-21-12-617_com.instagram.android.png

Screenshot_2018-12-18-12-23-36-770_com.instagram.android.png

I don’t think Equating the word “Ghetto” to a specific race is very proper to do. 

She wasn’t being racist at all just wanted to act like she was tough and sassy.

Equating negative traits to a race is awful.

Posted

her recent stories are very weird...lol

Posted

what about when everyone donated to her dying mother and she never kept anyone updated?

Posted

what about when everyone donated to her dying mother and she never kept anyone updated?

Her last update about it was in 14. November 

7C9F188C-55E2-4CF0-97D6-B55CACFA4B94.jpeg

223FFA05-7A2F-4349-BA67-4FAA106A31F4.jpeg

C9DFE0CF-F883-42B5-9B80-71F598B505B6.jpeg

Posted

She makes a lot of money from shout outs on her story. She charges $15 for one. She made about $180 in one sitting today from 12 people. She’s got some good game I’ll say that.