• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Blackpink vs Twice

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I like both of the groups equally, but their fanbases on the other hand. That's another issue. I'm apart of one of the most problematic kpop fandoms out there and that is the ARMY's; but I don't delude myself into saying we're never problematic, because we are. Koreaboos, I'm talking to you.
BP's like to say that their group is better than all the other seasoned groups because they got into the TOP 100 of Canada. I'm not saying Canada isn't great, but U.S. is where the fame and money is at. That's why so many KPOP artists try to break in through to America. Is that really something to brag about to Once? Especially, when you still get heat for being "A Modern Day Copy of 2ne1"? Did you guys not think that through?

How is it that Twice is able to get less heat for "The Modern Day Copy of Girls Generation"? How is it that even though they're mainly stationary in Korea, they're still well known internationally and respected, even though a lot of people don't like the cute/adorable shtick? I don't see a lot of Once's taking jabs at other girl fandoms, even in the Blackpink videos. 

To be quite honest, this simply reminds me of 2ne1 vs SNSD (Girls Generation) but more dumb. For the simple reason, BlackPink is new and their fanbase shouldn't be like that already. I feel like every other fandom, including the men, over a time became worse. I've witnessed, ever since YG announce their debut. People stan them hard after seeing their visuals and then stanned even harder once Boombayah and Whistle came out and started attack other phandoms.

I like BlackPink, don't get me wrong. But, their fans are on some other ish. How do you get to a point in such a short amount of time to diss every talent out there and say BlackPink has the real talent, they're going to be the face of KPOP and make everybody like it. Show me the receipts.

All I know, from what I've heard from other fans and saw for myself who the faces of Kpop are: BigBang, 2ne1, Exo, 4Minute, GirlsGen, Shinee, Super Junior, BTS, CL, GTOP, PSY (That Gangnam Style stunt) and NCT. (As far as my knowledge.) The only reason why I said NCT, do you know how many people have latched onto 7th Sense? An effin lot!

Posted

Oohhh, I didn't know this topic had been made!

I've been a k-pop fan for a relatively long time (circa-2011) and have been somewhat involved with the fandom ever since, so I can openly tell you that fanwars like these are really common. Blackpink vs Twice was bound to happen since both groups were incredibly hyped up from the get-go and SM hasn't brought out a girl group this year, leaving the two other big companies (YG and JYP) to spar off with their rookies.

Personally, I don't have a particular interest in either group, but I'd say that you shouldn't take things to seriously in terms of fan wars. Both groups debuted from big companies, which means they are more likely to attract band-wagon stans (think of those annoying EXO/BTS stans who start drama for no good reason) who are new to k-pop/girl groups and thus don't understand how things work. Most older fans will explain that it takes years to built up achievements and a legacy as a k-pop group, so although both Blackpink and Twice have had successes this year, neither are on the level of legendary girl groups such as SNSD, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, KARA, etc. and thus the fans should be focused on promoting their group so that they can achieve more in the future rather than starting fanwars.

Really, its like you said in your post - you're an army. You know why some people in your fandom get called crazy/delusional/whatever. Its the same for both Blackpink's and Twice's fandoms. I know lots of nice fans of either group, but I've also witnessed some crazy ones. Its not the fandom as a whole that causes trouble, its the loud minority. The same always happened with 2NE1 stans when I was more active in that fandom - you'd see people dragging down others to big-up 2NE1, but you just learned to ignore it.

On stan Twitter, I'm friends with both Twice and Blackpink stans and I see Twice and Blackpink fans who are friends all the time. Your views come from your experiences, and overall I've seen more crazy Onces, whereas you've seen more crazy Blackpink stans. Who's crazier? Nobody should care, because really, we should be ignoring the crazies and focusing on the nice stans. :)

Posted (edited)

Edited by explojin

Posted

I like both Twice and BlackPink but I think Twice will beat them in being more famous. They both are really popular but Twice is really on another level. Just look at the views on their videos. All of their Music Videos have over 100 million views on youtube which shows their popularity. I mean that is like twice the population of Korea (no pun intended). I think they are more famous in Asia while BlackPink is a bit more overseas. Most people I see on instagram mostly talk about Blackpink so it seems that they are more the western style. I actually don't know who will be on the top but if BlackPink keeps on making western-ish styled songs and keeps on going with the "2NE1" vibe then they might be able to break into the American Market and be bigger than Twice but I bet that would never happen since we all know how hard it is to get into the American Music Industry but once you make it you make big cash. I wish both of the groups the best and lots of wealth. They already seem like the next 2NE1 and SNSD. The next top Girl Groups.

Posted

its kind of like a generational shift, blackpink vs twice is a new version of what was snsd vs 2ne1. the two groups shouldn't be compared, one is more girly and cute which is appealing to guys and girls and the other has the girl-crush concept which will appeal more to girls than guys generally. one appeals more to a korean audience, the other an international one. i'm not saying twice is lacking international popularity which they obviously aren't but they really seem to be right now korea's next national girl group. but i digress.

YG fans have always been those fans that are wildt, but from my experience (i've also been a kpop fan since 2011) these fans are kind of getting worse in a way. bringing down other groups to make yours look better is the norm, trying to be edgy, its all recent fan behaviour. don't get me wrong i've seen a lot of onces act this way too, they are both insecure fans that feel threatened when a group is successful or steadily growing. who knows, maybe twice's popularity is just a bubble that will soon burst and some unexpected nugu group will dethrone them (cough WJSN)