• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Ginger Bronson/Kayla Day Aaron

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Ginger Bronson is a "musician" from Los Angeles, California. She seems to have quite a social media following, particularly on Tumblr. I've seen several of her posts and I'm not gonna lie, I thought she was legit. Did some digging around and if you google her name, an lolcow thread of her is one of the first things. I don't agree with some things said on there but it made me realize that "Ginger" is a total phony. Her real name is Kayla Day Aaron and she's about 26. I get having a musical Internet persona like Lana Del Rey, but the lies are so blatant. Her "art" is horrible and she's just a rich white girl from the valley who glamorizes a working class life, abuse, and etc. She seems to be somewhat influential as I've seen similar "artists" pop up on Tumblr since "Ginger" decided to leech onto the Lolita babygirl druggie daddy aesthetic.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gingerbronson
Tumblr: http://gingerbronson.tumblr.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gingerbronson/
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/gingerbronson
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxpe2OwaJipaztRDooSyITw

1457140548418.jpg

Thoughts?

Posted

im pretty active on tumblr and ive never heard of her ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but anyway....

the whole "Lana-Lolita-DaddyFuckMe" thing is getting pretty dated to me...im honestly ready for the next trend

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)

I just opened her tweeter to see what was the problem and i didn't expect that the problem would jump out at my throat like that so soon.

7c1bc5663cc1ce91df302fbdbd858173.png

Her latest tweet. I swear to god.

fa1e0c95029087713265aaa270b8d014.png

All her tweets are like this. The english grammar hanged itself in her case urg. It's so not professional. I don't care if someone tell me ''Yeah but she doesn't need to have perfect grammar'', i don't care, i don't want to read a 26 yrs old writing like a toddler.

Her instagram is not better;

cf2e252d1aaf733f3d72418b7244cba4.png

c891c897db5e6b92e9e66d122edd7a72.png

And the cherry on the cake;

e7ac9d1aed9a371b02843216ab602f2c.png

Please someone sell some decency to that girl, i want to bleach my eyes out.

On her tumblr, i found that gold mine;

63d99889d9be23c1f4b42eb8cc056764.png

Ur freakin' 26, stop acting 14.
It's a cringe festival.

Edited by Superboy

Posted (edited)

Her "poetry" is BAD. It's obvious she's trying to be the next Lana Del Rey, with the whole vintage troubled starlet act. I guess what Ginger doesn't know is that you can't sit around your computer all day writing awful poetry for 14 year old girls who think they're edgy, you actually HAVE TO get your name out there- booking shows, sending your music to publications etc. I think it's weird that she lives in LA and hasn't had any pictures of her performing at small gigs or DIY venues.

Also, she totally sends herself asks. Going through her blog gives me secondhand embarrassment.

0.png

Apparently this is her walking for Saint Laurent. According to her it is and since she's from LA, the designer Hedi Slimane booked a lot of rich grungey valley kids for this collection.tumblr_inline_o47o3eOMSL1r93esy_500.jpg

Edited by Dream Girl
Adding more info!

Posted

she used to be halfbunny or bedbones on tumblr and  wrote poetry that was pretty popular. i actually really liked her poetry and have one thing she wrote screenshotted on my phone because it was important to me at the time, lol. this was all during the time she walked for saint laurent. i followed her since the bedbones days and watched her personas slowly change, the last time i remember she had this "punkrock/nasty/druggie" personality and i just couldn't take it anymore so i unfollowed. now....this....happened. its all very strange to say the least and yes i read thorough the lolcow threads in shock O.o i almost bought one of her zines! i'm not sure how i feel about everything now. she might sound like an idiot as ginger but everything she does has always been extremely calculated to fit her aesthetic/persona. plus the music and videos she made were so bad it seriously seemed like a parody..

Posted

Ugh, another one..

Posted

ouch, nearly cut myself on the edge. 

Her tweets with the bad grammar remind me of My Immortal lmao. 

Posted

1477702937572.png1476690652257.png

I found these on her lolcow thread and LMAO. Kayla, you're from CLAREMONT (which according to CNN is one of the best places to live in America) stop acting like you're tough sh*t. She's so inauthentic, she'll never make it. Kayla should go back to her grunge aesthetic from a few years ago because at least it felt more real, I guess. That look actually did something for her I mean walking for Saint Laurent is huge! I felt like she was more popular then too. And now this aesthetic just has her taking sh*tty selfies with the flash on.

I've seen others finding "inspiration"  from her "art" on Tumblr if anybody is familiar with girleens or Honey Gentry/Kate Epps

Posted (edited)

she seems to jump on whatever tumblr "aesthetic" is popular at the time. like when the big thing was "grunge" she played the part now, it's the whole "babygirl" thing... so unoriginal.

Edited by cleopathetic

Posted (edited)

1477702937572.png

Ok. :beardo:
Whatever. 9_9

Edited by Superboy

Posted

It's so sad when i see rich people trying to romantize a hard life. I mean... You're supposed to have anything during you entire life, WHY you want so hard to be poor? It's difficult, it's really a unfair life and holy shit, i'm so angry! If these people only knew how it feels like to live in a abusive family, to have a hard life and fight to survive everyday, they would NEVER want it! This is not a trend, this is not good, this is something that needs to end!

Posted

On top of everything, she also appropriates black hip-hop and East LA Latinx culture. 

Also this was found on her lolcow thread: ¬¬

1470274690558.png

Posted (edited)

Edited by Inactive
Deleted

Posted

oh great, another "russian" wannabe...you will never be one of us!