• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Taylor and Friends

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone,

So I thought it would be interesting to have a thread dedicated to Taylor's relationships with other YouTubers/jvloggers. It has been sprinkled around various other threads how some YouTubers/jvolggers have thrown shade at Taylor or may dislike her -- well this thread could be a great place to consolidate that type of gossip, speculation, and discussion. 

Some things that have been mentioned in other threads:

1) Rachel giggled and dedicated a few seconds to compliment Taylor in her latest vid. Seems suspect and a user suggested Sharla may have mentioned Taylor being down these past few weeks....

2) Miranda has been spotted commenting on Taylor's videos with heartfelt responses. :drool: 

3) What the deal with Sharla and Taylor? Is she a mooch of Hotel TayTay?

4) Mimei has been rather cold towards Taylor. She even neglected to pose on camera in one of the recent vids. 

Other observations:

5) Any tea on how Simon and Martina reacted to Taylor? It seemed as if Taylor barely interacted with people at their Halloween party. 

Feel free to add :) 

-BB

Posted

I love when Chris from AbroadingJapan and Duncan throw shade at her, she's like a running joke in the male jvlogger community :haiplz: 

It seems like the girls are kind of indiferent/annoyed when Tay is around, except for Sharla, who's vip @ TayHotel (maybe that makes Tay feel like she's Paris Hilton)

Posted (edited)

Sharla is definitely a mooch we all know that. xD

But i dont know about Mimei and her, they have videos together a lot..seem like they are okay.. but when they went to beach with kim dao sharla and the other girl i think she didnt want to go because shes done with them maybe lol...i always felt mimei love kim most

Taylor thinks money can buy friendship but no they just use you ms taylor jenner lol,maybe she knows that ppl use her but she use them for camera too? Why not? 

I never heard about her friends in Canada too :alpacaconfused:

Oh btw what chris and duncan said? 

Edited by Dooom

Posted

They make fun of her pronunciation in japanese, her "veganism", the way she films her vlogs, how she nows jack shit about Japan xD

Posted

I'm subbed to abroadinjapan but lately havent been watching. could you tell us what he said exactly? same with duncan too. I follow PDR-san, but it would be nice to bring the "proofs" to this new thread ^^ 

Posted

I'm subbed to abroadinjapan but lately havent been watching. could you tell us what he said exactly? same with duncan too. I follow PDR-san, but it would be nice to bring the "proofs" to this new thread ^^ 

Can I just say that neither of them made direct references to Taylor. Only Mimei arguably did, where she talked about 1) how much a blender cost (800 bucks) and Taylor's blender features quite heavily in her cooking videos 2) she was going to buy a drone and go shopping for Louis Vitton handbags 3) "wouldn't it be nice to just buy a new camera" not long after that vlog where Taylor broke her camera and got a new one immediately and 4) drawing attention to the pronunciation of Tokyu Hands. #4 is also arguable, because realistically so many people get it wrong that it was an interesting thing to point out. Yes Taylor gets it wrong, but when you're saying it fast it'll sound like Tokyo Hands sometimes.

Chris made fun of 'bland' daily vloggers in general (someone made a comment that he should vlog his life, use a drone, and do some time lapses). This is a general trend where people rip off Casey, not just Taylor. Chris also made fun of health vloggers, where he filmed himself drinking some green juice (or some random health drink) and being generally obnoxious and sanctimonious about health. Chris made fun of these 2 stereotypes separately, and even if he put these 2 stereotypes together it'd still be a reach to say he made fun of Taylor.

Duncan talked about people who live 20+ years in Japan and don't learn Japanese because they "can get by with just English". Taylor has been in Japan for 2 years, and while her Japanese skills are terrible she still seemingly makes efforts and realises that her Japanese sucks.

Posted

Can I just say that neither of them made direct references to Taylor. Only Mimei arguably did, where she talked about 1) how much a blender cost (800 bucks) and Taylor's blender features quite heavily in her cooking videos 2) she was going to buy a drone and go shopping for Louis Vitton handbags 3) "wouldn't it be nice to just buy a new camera" not long after that vlog where Taylor broke her camera and got a new one immediately and 4) drawing attention to the pronunciation of Tokyu Hands. #4 is also arguable, because realistically so many people get it wrong that it was an interesting thing to point out. Yes Taylor gets it wrong, but when you're saying it fast it'll sound like Tokyo Hands sometimes.

Chris made fun of 'bland' daily vloggers in general (someone made a comment that he should vlog his life, use a drone, and do some time lapses). This is a general trend where people rip off Casey, not just Taylor. Chris also made fun of health vloggers, where he filmed himself drinking some green juice (or some random health drink) and being generally obnoxious and sanctimonious about health. Chris made fun of these 2 stereotypes separately, and even if he put these 2 stereotypes together it'd still be a reach to say he made fun of Taylor.

Duncan talked about people who live 20+ years in Japan and don't learn Japanese because they "can get by with just English". Taylor has been in Japan for 2 years, and while her Japanese skills are terrible she still seemingly makes efforts and realises that her Japanese sucks.

I feel the same way.  I always felt it was a bit of a fetched when anyone said that Duncan or Abroadinjapan would make those kind of jabs to openly.  It just doesn't feel like what they would do.  

Personally , number 4 is a bit more plausible for me because Tokyu Hands is actually "Tokyuu Hands" and one u and two u actually makes a lot of difference because of the original Kanji.  

And "tokyuu" should be pronounced correctly because it makes a big difference on the meaning. Not that it would change if you say "Tokyo Hands"  or "Tokyu Hands"  or "Tokyuu hands"  to the taxi driver because everyone knows the place. 

But again, it's very grey because we don't know what's up between them.  We can only speculate, but I fully agree on the fact that even if Duncan and Chris has poked fun of characteristics that are a parent on Taylor's channel, they obviously didn't target her. Specifically at least.  

Posted

This is probably a silly question but i'm new to all the taylor 'friends' stuff, and i was cursious if any of the 'clique'/group knew each other before moving to japan or not? It brings up an interesting idea that if they all didn't know each other would they be friends at all

Posted

Agreed, while some of these things can apply to Taylor, I really don't think these people are directly trying to make fun of her.

Posted

Yeah to all the above, I noticed Taylor doesn't interact at all with Rachel & Jun or Simon & Martina, among others. I wonder what they think about her, lol. Except Sharla, and maybe Kim, the others don't seem to mind her that much. 

Posted

Taylor has been mentioning Simon and Martina in her videos and leaving comments to them but I don't think they care one bit about her. Sure they are a nice couple but Taylor just might not be that interesting.

Posted

I really don't think Sharla is a mooch. I think she is just an honest person who sees friendship as give and take and doing things together. I expect it is Taylor who pushes Sharla to stay over and now Sharla is just used to it when she is in town. I am sure Sharla would return the favor if Taylor needed it. If anything I think Taylor is mooching off of Sharla to get videos for her channel.

Posted

Taylor has been mentioning Simon and Martina in her videos and leaving comments to them but I don't think they care one bit about her. Sure they are a nice couple but Taylor just might not be that interesting.

LMAO seriously? I think she wants to poach some of S&M's followers but they are like super indifferent about her. KEK 

i guess she must've not made an impression at the Halloween party. 

Posted

I hope it's okay to link this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-dV2wN8lNg&t=0s

Mimei posted a video earlier where Duncan mentions that a certain advent calendar was purchased with "Taylor's dad's credit card"

Posted

I hope it's okay to link this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-dV2wN8lNg&t=0s

Mimei posted a video earlier where Duncan mentions that a certain advent calendar was purchased with "Taylor's dad's credit card"

Taylor's dad is Santa Claus!! Santa moonlights off season at a car dealership in Canada. Chocolate Advent calendars, porches, and fluffy socks for everyone!!