• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

General e-Artist thread

802 posts in this topic

Posted

New topic: Have you guys seen these Instagram accounts posting art and then they credit like this:

Artist: ???

It annoys me a lot, if you don't know the artist why did you even post it? The point of posting their art is sharing it to give artist attention and how am I gonna find the artist now when you give no credit? Just why?? 

That's pretty much the most fucking annoying thing to me.  

Like if you can't even find the artist how do you know they'd be okay with reposting? 

Also like reposting can hurt artists so much like if even one person reposts it without credit and the artist was using it for their profoilo? You just fucked the artist over big time when they're trying to find a job. The People checking them out aren't going to go through the steps to verify if it's a repost or not they're just going to go 'well someone else posted it we can't say it's yours then." 

Posted

Does anyone know if you can report reposter accounts on instagram? Sometimes I see someone who posts other people's art and then have the nerve to ask for money to feature someone, or they state stuff like "if it's yours and you want it taken down you have to ask me"

They're clearly stealing other people's property and I want them to be taken down... :alpacaworry:

Posted

ah yes, those accounts with thousands of followers who just go

"credit to the artist"

Posted

There are entire accounts dedicated to reposting fanart for a specific franchise/series, and oftentimes without credit because they probably take the majority of their pictures off google images first and then anything else off their timelines. They're no different than content farms except they don't put any of their own work into it, and accrue massive amounts of followers that the ACTUAL ARTISTS deserve to get in their place.

They get all the attention and engagement by piggybacking off the labor of the artists who get left with scraps in comparison. All because they have an endless supply of pictures to repost all day-- we aren't machines, so it's impossible to post so many in one day like they do without falling to cheap methods like tracing all your stuff.

It is the worst feeling too to be told by people in your circles that if you didn't want it to be reposted, that you shouldn't post it in the first place. I think it's totally backwards thinking.

Sorry for the rant, I get so cheesed off thinking about it.

Posted

So many times im glad that the artist put a watermark or even a scribble of their @ because otherwise id never know it was theirs when its reposted without credit sonewhere. Like some forums i used people credit other users for finding art but not the original artist for drawing it tsk tsk tsk

Posted

So many times im glad that the artist put a watermark or even a scribble of their @ because otherwise id never know it was theirs when its reposted without credit sonewhere. Like some forums i used people credit other users for finding art but not the original artist for drawing it tsk tsk tsk

but then some reposting accounts crop out the signature at the bottom at that pisses me off. ive seen it a bunch of times and notified the artists, and i still dont get it

Posted

On topic of reposters, drawing flavor of the month shit is the worst because you know some guy is just gonna take your drawing and repost it on instagram. 

Worse offender I've seen currently is Fire Emblem, at least they screenshot the name of the artist and include it in the picture slides but not even 10% of people are going check out the OG artists when it's easier for them to just follow the one who actively reposts fanart on their platform.

Posted

Which/whose comic did they copy?

I don’t know how to link but Tiffany Wengs Risd acceptance portfolio video people posted links in the comments to all the shit she stole and got accepted to risd for including a comic. 

Posted

I don’t know how to link but Tiffany Wengs Risd acceptance portfolio video people posted links in the comments to all the shit she stole and got accepted to risd for including a comic. 

i think they're asking about someone, not tiffany weng (wasn't even aware of her copying until now)

of the comments i saw on that video that called her out/defended her though, she used some material that was clearly referenced, but i wouldn't necessarily call that copying. for example that fish wrapped in newspaper, she used it as a reference with other drawings of fish.
her work called "shiney boyz" is also a famous photo around pinterest (or something very similar), but i'd still call that a reference because she still has to apply her own skill to translate that onto paper. it'd be a different story if she was a photographer, copied the concept, and tried to pass it off as her own though

comics are kind of iffy for an art portfolio, but her other work is great (especially her master copies)... like you can clearly see that her fundamental skills are there 

Posted

It's the angry racist artist, back at it again ranting about ginger-erasure because of Ariel being cast as a black girl in the movie, except now she's reposting other people's art to shit on it.

jarepost.thumb.PNG.d07157b24cbac32f153f8

Now I think she's legitimately doing this shit for attention, notice how if you look at her profile she unprivated all of her older art and selfies.

Posted (edited)

It's the angry racist artist, back at it again ranting about ginger-erasure because of Ariel being cast as a black girl in the movie, except now she's reposting other people's art to shit on it.

Now I think she's legitimately doing this shit for attention, notice how if you look at her profile she unprivated all of her older art and selfies.

i honestly don't think jordana gets it lol

all of her arguments are the same no matter what anyone else says... those characters she turned white all have historical/cultural significance, not because they were originally written like that, but because it reflects their respective ethnic culture accurately. they have to be that ethnicity in order for their stories to make sense and develop. could a white person have existed in those places during the times those stories took place? absolutely. but those traditions belong to the natives of that area. you wouldn't tell the story of a waitress in 1920s new orleans and have them be white. you wouldn't tell the story of an indian princess and have her be white. you wouldn't tell the story of a polynesian family that's seemingly cut off from outside influence and have them be white. you wouldn't tell the story of a female soldier in ancient china and have them be white. none of that makes any sense lol

her argument is that in the original written fairy tale, the author described ariel as being white with long hair. does she need to be white and have long hair in order for her story to develop? no. its also not like disney is the only company that's depicted mermaids in their movies... her representation of white mermaids with long hair already exist literally everywhere else. disney just so happens to be the company that's actively seeking out a black woman as a mermaid for one of their stories. 

Edited by yams

Posted (edited)

Why hasn't her insta been banned yet? I'm sure a fuckton of people reported that account.

i honestly don't think jordana gets it lol

all of her arguments are the same no matter what anyone else says... those characters she turned white all have historical/cultural significance, not because they were originally written like that, but because it reflects their respective ethnic culture accurately. they have to be that ethnicity in order for their stories to make sense and develop. could a white person have existed in those places during the times those stories took place? absolutely. but those traditions belong to the natives of that area. you wouldn't tell the story of a waitress in 1920s new orleans and have them be white. you wouldn't tell the story of an indian princess and have her be white. you wouldn't tell the story of a polynesian family that's seemingly cut off from outside influence and have them be white. you wouldn't tell the story of a female soldier in ancient china and have them be white. none of that makes any sense lol

her argument is that in the original written fairy tale, the author described ariel as being white with long hair. does she need to be white and have long hair in order for her story to develop? no. its also not like disney is the only company that's depicted mermaids in their movies... her representation of white mermaids with long hair already exist literally everywhere else. disney just so happens to be the company that's actively seeking out a black woman as a mermaid for one of their stories. 

Hell, disney doesn't even always follow the original story, look at frozen in comparison to the snow queen. 

And if she thinks thats bad then she's gonna hate HBO's happily ever after collection lol.  

Edited by maroontalk

Posted

She's digging herself a grave so deep if she kept going she'd hit the mantle. Tia has the exact same appearance she's shitting on Ariel/racebend Disney art for having. Tia is already black and she's all 'yasss queen I stan amazing POC women' but if it's Ariel being cast as black suddenly it's 'POC are bad bc they stole my white ginger princess and called me funny names'? Also lmao at #woke and the disabled comments, she deleted a huge chunk on her other posts too but kept the really racist ones. 

lolk.thumb.PNG.f98e9b9cd3ce9aa6dec5350e9

There are more ginger characters, ginger girls, that she could have as representation, but she cherry picked the few non-white characters who's race DO matter to their stories and whitewashed them. Anna, Giselle, Jessie, Merida, even Anastasia and she gets her redemption to become a good person but she doesn't care about any of them.

I hope the remake for Little Mermaid comes out and does so successfully at the box office that they start casting black women at the Disney parks to be Ariel. She's already mad that an Ariel with tan skin and auburn hair was at one of the parks, please Disney do this to piss people like her off lol.

Posted

i mean if shes talking about keeping the stories accurate, why are all the disney movies in english despite taking place in different countries/time periods? why isn't the little mermaid speaking danish like it was originally written?? tHaTs ErAsUrE!!! 

sis is only "woke" when it benefits her "argument"

gimme a break 🙄

Posted

i mean if shes talking about keeping the stories accurate, why are all the disney movies in english despite taking place in different countries/time periods? why isn't the little mermaid speaking danish like it was originally written?? tHaTs ErAsUrE!!! 

sis is only "woke" when it benefits her "argument"

gimme a break 🙄

Not to be that girl, but Disney films are dubbed in most languages. If you're watching the English version, they'll speak English. If you're watching the French version, they'll speak french. sorrybye.