• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General e-Artist thread

553 posts in this topic

Posted

On a sidenote: she is only 14 so i don't know if discussing her is against the forum rules (not sure since she is part of this thread and doesn't have a thread on her own, so what do you peeps think?) anyway it's very obvious she traces over photos and her editing is really sloppy. some parts of her 'drawings' don't even cover over the original photography so some parts of the source is looking through. her dtiys looks like an entirely different pic because she has to rely on photos she can draw over. so unless she finds a photo to trace she can't create things based on a guideline. she will never be able to make her own art if she continues like this, but only cheap edits of someone else's exiting creations.

Posted

Wow, don’t understand why someone would deceive others like that. Also, her entry to etcetera’s dtiys doesn’t resemble the image she should have drawn at all? 

F2000E4E-4AD0-41F1-957D-C6E9A8CA040F.thu

at this point it's not even a DTIYS it's just a random person holding a baseball bat that seems to look like the one on the right 

Posted (edited)

She posted IG-stories of her drawing process but honestly, i’m pretty sure she’s just gradually upping the opacity of the photograph while “drawing”. you don’t see her drawing details, they just suddenly appear. Also, her bat girl drawing has also lots of weird cuts from not blending the original image. hope etcetera considers this when choosing winners

F80AEFD1-06B7-40B0-BD0F-5342269EFCC7.thu

Edited by overripeavocado

Posted

She posted IG-stories of her drawing process but honestly, i’m pretty sure she’s just gradually upping the opacity of the photograph while “drawing”. you don’t see her drawing details, they just suddenly appear. Also, her bat girl drawing has also lots of weird cuts from not blending the original image. hope etcetera considers this when choosing winners

omg yes, you're right! I looked at the Daenerys drawing process video in her highlights and it's super obvious in that one :alpacafedup: 

I really don't understand why she's doing this... is she actually that desperate for clout that she just tries to skip the whole process of learning how to draw? How about working hard like the rest of us instead? smh Well, I guess she's pretty young, so hopefully she'll realize soon that what she's doing is kinda shitty.

Posted

I'm new to this site, so go easy on me please. I made an account to stand in for someone else, I'm not looking for critiques about this rant, I just want to bring issues to light.

I've seen quite a few people complain about this artist on instagram/twitter named blushed_peach/baby.angel.kitten

A friend of mine told me about all of this and it's pretty crazy. 

Shes extremely problematic, from lying about her body type and height to being open about kinks, as well as encouraging/endorsing minors into kinks. She is a minor herself at 17. 

She is Danish, so when confronted with the fact she isn't allowed to be into kinks, she just says the legal age of consent there is 15. Um. No. That's just for consensual "vanilla" sex. Ask anyone in the kink community, it doesn't matter what your age of consent in your country is. You MUST be 18 to engage in kinks. 

Unfortunately, I cannot provide proof of this, as the confrontations were through tellonym, she deleted it because too many people were calling her out and she was too much of a snake to admit to it all. 

She also goes through boys so quickly. She was with a boy for like 3 months, constantly bragging about how much sex they were having and how kinky they were. They broke up and she claimed to be devastated, then not even a week later, she slept with her co worker, who was 21. I don't have screenshots of this, as it was all admitted over instagram stories apparently, and my source was unable to provide any. 

Now she's dating a 22 year old and doing the same stuff she bragged about before. Is it just me who finds this disgusting? She is showing all of this to an audience of minors. 

I'm all for people doing what they want, but the fact She is 17 and going from guy to guy, those guys being quite a bit older than her, is a bit disturbing. 

She constantly draws herself, and its very obvious she's obsessed with herself. Her art is quite cute, but it's a bit gross how much of a narcissist she is. This will be shown with all the proof I've compiled from ex followers. Also, she rips off sleepygrim, it's more than inspiration in my opinion, you can especially see it on her toyhou.se,  since her instagram and twitter are private. 

She also lies so much about her body type and height, and she has upset a lot of plus sized followers She used to have. Again, people tried to confront her about this on tellonym, but she refused to acknowledge it. 

She claims she's "so thicc and squishy uwu" but you'll see in my screenshots, she's anything but. Here's a tip: don't claim to be something you're not. It's very annoying. Also, she preaches people shouldn't do this, that it makes her angry when people lie about themselves, when it's all she does. Also, her height. She used to say she was 5"6, but now, magically, she's 5"3? I'm sorry, but how does that work? (The images will differ, but I've been told she talks about how she's 5"3 on her instagram at least once a week)

Also, she has a "daddy kink" because she has "daddy issues". She literally turns it into a personality trait. She immortalised her daddy issues, as well as her body type, which was a complete lie, just to seem like some cutesy "thicc" soft girl online. She has also upset a lot of people who go through trauma because of how she wears her daddy issues like a badge or something.

She tries so hard to be something she isn't and it is quite irritating. Sorry for my rant, but she has upset a lot of people and I think it's time she realised she isn't that special or unique, and she really needs a reality check. 

Her art is quite cute, but she really needs to learn what the definition of a private life is. 

I have censored out names of users as they are minors. 

IMG_20190724_202253_398.jpg

IMG_20190724_202749_455.jpg

IMG_20190724_202928_488.jpg

IMG_20190724_203846_032.jpg

IMG_20190724_204532_331.jpg

IMG_20190724_204820_224.jpg

IMG_20190724_202351_964.jpg

IMG_20190724_202529_449.jpg

IMG_20190724_203534_393.jpg

IMG_20190724_203238_943.jpg

IMG_20190724_203935_528.jpg

IMG_20190724_204051_705.jpg

IMG_20190724_204209_549.jpg

IMG_20190724_204359_157.jpg

IMG_20190724_204441_155.jpg

IMG_20190724_204621_953.jpg

IMG_20190724_204720_587.jpg

IMG_20190724_204747_920.jpg

IMG_20190724_204911_490.jpg

Posted

Wow, don’t understand why someone would deceive others like that. Also, her entry to etcetera’s dtiys doesn’t resemble the image she should have drawn at all? 

F2000E4E-4AD0-41F1-957D-C6E9A8CA040F.thu

I can't find her account anywhere, is it just me?

Posted

Can I say that I can not even watch Happy D artist and her lazy repetitive alien baby faces anymore. ALSO why does nobody talk about Lioana Buckner and her tracing!

Posted

That girl deleted her account and all of her posts on her old one. Even if she is extremely guilty of art theft, she's only 14 years old and didn't even have 300 followers. It's not like we all didn't do stupid things at that age to feel special, she was probably doing it for attention. She shouldn't have been harped on so hard for it.

Posted

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice here, since i want to start anew and leave this mistake behind and really become an original artist, is it okay to archive all my posts (even the apology, but leave it on my story highlights), and start posting my new, original works?
Of course, i wont deny my heavy referencing in the past and will use it as an example of something that artists should not do.
Or should i just remake a new account to really start anew (without reposting the apology onto my account there)? I'm quite unsure how to move on from after my break and hope i can get some insightful answers one what is morally right to do.
I was thinking i should just remake another account since i don't deserve the followers i have, but seeing how many old accounts i have moved on from since i wasnt happy with my accounts in the past, im unsure whether i should move on to another new one again.

What do you think people will think/feel?

Posted (edited)

I was wondering if I could ask for some advice here, since i want to start anew and leave this mistake behind and really become an original artist, is it okay to archive all my posts (even the apology, but leave it on my story highlights), and start posting my new, original works?
Of course, i wont deny my heavy referencing in the past and will use it as an example of something that artists should not do.
Or should i just remake a new account to really start anew (without reposting the apology onto my account there)? I'm quite unsure how to move on from after my break and hope i can get some insightful answers one what is morally right to do.
I was thinking i should just remake another account since i don't deserve the followers i have, but seeing how many old accounts i have moved on from since i wasnt happy with my accounts in the past, im unsure whether i should move on to another new one again.

Honestly, I would suggest moving accounts. You’re always going to have those people who aren’t going to let it go or let you forget, and all that’s going to do is remind you of your old self, in turn, preventing you from moving forward. While it’s clear your supporters do love you, some won’t forget. As long as you’re under the name you are now people are going to correlate you and Anmi. Even if you aren’t referencing, the first thought that will probably come to people’s mind is “Did they copy off Anmi?” All in all, do what you think is best. That’s just my personal opinion. Good luck on whatever you decide to do. You show so much potential and I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I’m excited to see where you go. Good luck again. 

Edited by Aaeronias

Posted

I'd say you could try both. You don't need to abandon your current acc asap but you can still make an alt and go hiatus on your old acc, try out how you feel about it. If making a new acc works for you and you feel good about using it, not missing your old acc, stick to the new one. I honestly think making a cut can often feel very refreshing, so that might be a good solution. If it just doesn't feel right or you are just used to your old acc you can still use it. Just be aware that a lot of people are watching that acc and not everyone is your friend, some might wait for you to slip up again. You'd need to grow a backbone and you must think about how you want to present if you don't just want to hide what you did wrong in the past. I think most important is to find a healthy balance of accepting your past self and carrying on but not have it take over your future steps. I would suggest you to start over with a fresh acc, but it's up to you if you want to stick to the old one, since some people might see making a new one as running away and covering up. So you might want to take a break and think about how you want to do it and what you think is best. Maybe ask some irl friends for advices, talk to others. Get some general opinions, not just from this forums. You might see the solution that works best for you clear if you gather a lot of different opinions.

Posted

Honestly, I would suggest moving accounts. You’re always going to have those people who aren’t going to let it go or let you forget, and all that’s going to do is remind you of your old self, in turn, preventing you from moving forward. While it’s clear your supporters do love you, some won’t forget. As long as you’re under the name you are now people are going to correlate you and Anmi. Even if you aren’t referencing, the first thought that will probably come to people’s mind is “Did they copy off Anmi?” All in all, do what you think is best. That’s just my personal opinion. Good luck on whatever you decide to do. You show so much potential and I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I’m excited to see where you go. Good luck again. 

I'd say you could try both. You don't need to abandon your current acc asap but you can still make an alt and go hiatus on your old acc, try out how you feel about it. If making a new acc works for you and you feel good about using it, not missing your old acc, stick to the new one. I honestly think making a cut can often feel very refreshing, so that might be a good solution. If it just doesn't feel right or you are just used to your old acc you can still use it. Just be aware that a lot of people are watching that acc and not everyone is your friend, some might wait for you to slip up again. You'd need to grow a backbone and you must think about how you want to present if you don't just want to hide what you did wrong in the past. I think most important is to find a healthy balance of accepting your past self and carrying on but not have it take over your future steps. I would suggest you to start over with a fresh acc, but it's up to you if you want to stick to the old one, since some people might see making a new one as running away and covering up. So you might want to take a break and think about how you want to do it and what you think is best. Maybe ask some irl friends for advices, talk to others. Get some general opinions, not just from this forums. You might see the solution that works best for you clear if you gather a lot of different opinions.

Im extremely grateful for your insightful answers! I definitely wont be taking too big of a name change (if possible, none at all) as im very attached to the name i have and cannot let go of it. In this case its definitely best to grow a backbone and accept that there are some who will remember. I'll definitely consult more people on their opinions as well and maybe make a poll on instagram itself to know what supporters think (its only right to involve the people who supported me for years).

From the break i've had recently, it has felt more refreshing but im definitely lost and want to get a clear mind on what to do when i come back. I'll think about it more and ask more people, thank you all so much, it has helped me in my decision :D

Posted

Im extremely grateful for your insightful answers! I definitely wont be taking too big of a name change (if possible, none at all) as im very attached to the name i have and cannot let go of it. In this case its definitely best to grow a backbone and accept that there are some who will remember. I'll definitely consult more people on their opinions as well and maybe make a poll on instagram itself to know what supporters think (its only right to involve the people who supported me for years).
From the break i've had recently, it has felt more refreshing but im definitely lost and want to get a clear mind on what to do when i come back. I'll think about it more and ask more people, thank you all so much, it has helped me in my decision :D

Sounds great! I'm sure you'll also feel better about it once you've made a few more new artworks. Build up a new image with new art. You've already showed some really neat new sketches, keep working on them and fill your IG acc with them. And things will get better for sure.

Posted

I saw this on my explore page and I wanted to know other people's thoughts.

This girl on instagram (@ a.blendcie https://www.instagram.com/a.blendcie/?hl=en ) posted a 'Draw this again challenge'

a1.thumb.JPG.5e9f70153504a15026c753ab2ce

and if you scroll through the comments, you can see people saying things like "2018 <3", "I like the 2018 better" etc..

Personally I agree, the 2019 one looks lazier, the shading is very simple and doesn't add much dept. The animal ears also look strangely placed.

The eyes/face on the new one are also, not very, err? One eye is bigger than the other, which is not something you are supposed to do, the 2018 has a way more appealing face, not only because of the art style but because of the proportions and placing.

The only thing I think is better in the 2019 one is the fact that she looks a bit less stiff (but then again the stiffness goes well with the 2018 one, but if she managed to make her art overall less stiff that's good).

A couple of hours ago she posted this, with the caption "This has happened to me twice and it’s kind of discouraging tbh. I also see it happen to other ppl and it’s just like :/ why.???!?? Sorry I’m not great at making comics, I just wanted to get this off my chest"
a2.thumb.JPG.9ddafc1f909759cf7de04acd94c "

Personally I found this post a little, strange? There are multiple things that rub me the wrong way with her post, like how she made the old art way lazier and way less appealing here than the original post, as if she thinks there is a huge improvement between her old and new art and people are just saying this to be hateful. She also draws the people who are criticizing her art as people who are not very attractive? They look like old and mean women (wrinkles, their expressions, etc..), makes it seem like they are bullying her. This post overall makes it seem like people are saying they prefer the old art just because they are bullies (with the old art here being way less appealing than the newer one and the women who look like old harsh critics who just seem hateful).

If you look at the comments on this post, it's full of people saying things like "don't listen to them", "what's with people trying to put other people down", "that's so hurtful", "if you don't have anything nice to say just don't say it", etc..and a lot of "I prefer your new art style the colors are more vivid and it's way more original, it's your own unique art style!" etc..

Maybe I'm the only one who sees a problem with this. I'd just like a few opinions.

Posted

I saw this on my explore page and I wanted to know other people's thoughts.

This girl on instagram (@ a.blendcie https://www.instagram.com/a.blendcie/?hl=en ) posted a 'Draw this again challenge'

a1.thumb.JPG.5e9f70153504a15026c753ab2ce

and if you scroll through the comments, you can see people saying things like "2018 <3", "I like the 2018 better" etc..

Personally I agree, the 2019 one looks lazier, the shading is very simple and doesn't add much dept. The animal ears also look strangely placed.

The eyes/face on the new one are also, not very, err? One eye is bigger than the other, which is not something you are supposed to do, the 2018 has a way more appealing face, not only because of the art style but because of the proportions and placing.

The only thing I think is better in the 2019 one is the fact that she looks a bit less stiff (but then again the stiffness goes well with the 2018 one, but if she managed to make her art overall less stiff that's good).

A couple of hours ago she posted this, with the caption "This has happened to me twice and it’s kind of discouraging tbh. I also see it happen to other ppl and it’s just like :/ why.???!?? Sorry I’m not great at making comics, I just wanted to get this off my chest"
a2.thumb.JPG.9ddafc1f909759cf7de04acd94c "

Personally I found this post a little, strange? There are multiple things that rub me the wrong way with her post, like how she made the old art way lazier and way less appealing here than the original post, as if she thinks there is a huge improvement between her old and new art and people are just saying this to be hateful. She also draws the people who are criticizing her art as people who are not very attractive? They look like old and mean women (wrinkles, their expressions, etc..), makes it seem like they are bullying her. This post overall makes it seem like people are saying they prefer the old art just because they are bullies (with the old art here being way less appealing than the newer one and the women who look like old harsh critics who just seem hateful).

If you look at the comments on this post, it's full of people saying things like "don't listen to them", "what's with people trying to put other people down", "that's so hurtful", "if you don't have anything nice to say just don't say it", etc..and a lot of "I prefer your new art style the colors are more vivid and it's way more original, it's your own unique art style!" etc..

Maybe I'm the only one who sees a problem with this. I'd just like a few opinions.

Sounds like she can't handle criticism lol. Don't post your art online if you can't handle the fact that people will critique it and it won't always be positive