• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General e-Artist thread

439 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm unsure if i am able to write this here, but i wanted to apologize sincerely, to everyone here for having been an artist with no integrity at all. I want to apologize because i've been feeling extremely guilty even after stopping my use of artist reference. I have worked hard to really build my visual library+work on my own ideas of poses and concepts now and it has shown alot of improvement. However, i still feel like i have not properly apologized to all of you here- Hence my feelings of guilt.

I wish i knew earlier that heavy artist referencing was bad, so im glad you all have told me properly and explained it such that i finally got it through my thick skull that i was a horrible and disgusting person. Im really really sorry that i have did not handle things properly as it should have been, and that i did not explain things well and made alot of misunderstandings. I want to just tell you all that i've really worked hard to become a better artist and i hope that i am forgiven for the things i did- which of course, cannot be justified. I am still a bad artist for doing that but i am glad to have realized my mistake and really work hard to fix it.

Thank you all for really informing me and showing me the proof. Im glad i listened to your advice and words.

As of now, i have archived all my old works which were referenced and am taking a break off Instagram.

Posted

I'm unsure if i am able to write this here, but i wanted to apologize sincerely, to everyone here for having been an artist with no integrity at all. I want to apologize because i've been feeling extremely guilty even after stopping my use of artist reference. I have worked hard to really build my visual library+work on my own ideas of poses and concepts now and it has shown alot of improvement. However, i still feel like i have not properly apologized to all of you here- Hence my feelings of guilt.

I wish i knew earlier that heavy artist referencing was bad, so im glad you all have told me properly and explained it such that i finally got it through my thick skull that i was a horrible and disgusting person. Im really really sorry that i have did not handle things properly as it should have been, and that i did not explain things well and made alot of misunderstandings. I want to just tell you all that i've really worked hard to become a better artist and i hope that i am forgiven for the things i did- which of course, cannot be justified. I am still a bad artist for doing that but i am glad to have realized my mistake and really work hard to fix it.

Thank you all for really informing me and showing me the proof. Im glad i listened to your advice and words.

As of now, i have archived all my old works which were referenced and am taking a break off Instagram.

There's a difference between referencing and tracing... I mean, many artists use references when practicing and wanting to improve, but you should really be sure if the author of source you're referencing for is ok with being referenced (sorry if it sounds weird my English is bad kek). You can still reference for your art without selling it or anything.. because the base of the drawing is not yours in a sense.

Anyway, it must take a lot of courage for you to come back here and apologize. I saw you took a break on instagram, and if it's for the best, I sure hope you come back feeling better.

Someone discovered you tracing another artist and maybe it's for the best, with all this ''drama'' you learnt a lot.

I hope you come back and do your own art that will blow minds. You sure have a lot of potential.

Have a nice social media break! >^<

Posted (edited)

There's a difference between referencing and tracing... I mean, many artists use references when practicing and wanting to improve, but you should really be sure if the author of source you're referencing for is ok with being referenced (sorry if it sounds weird my English is bad kek). You can still reference for your art without selling it or anything.. because the base of the drawing is not yours in a sense.

Anyway, it must take a lot of courage for you to come back here and apologize. I saw you took a break on instagram, and if it's for the best, I sure hope you come back feeling better.

Someone discovered you tracing another artist and maybe it's for the best, with all this ''drama'' you learnt a lot.

I hope you come back and do your own art that will blow minds. You sure have a lot of potential.

Have a nice social media break! >^<

Thank you so much!

I definitely am glad that i was taught because i never ever knew heavily referencing an artist was bad. I seriously thought that if i changed the character and the pose a little bit, it would be fine, but after learning how bad it was, i immediately put an end to it and im really appreciative that i did that.

I learnt a lot and im very very happy that i did so, so i owe it to all of you for really teaching me when i was never specifically taught since i was young that heavy referencing was bad (people only ever said referencing was good to me- i listened and it went out of hand i guess :( ) I always knew that copying and tracing was bad so when i found out i did something horrible as someone who always had a huge passion for art+only excelled in that area for school and awards, i couldnt believe it because of my love for art. It was truly heartbreaking to learn i was sort of a "criminal" and i thought i didnt deserve being an artist anymore.

Thank you once again and to everyone here!

My recent wips have shown a ton of improvement from before i think, i notice things are less forced and more natural which is great!
I've went back to painting and using less artist reference so i'm extremely proud of this

*not sure how to do hidden text thingy,, sorry

Screenshot (2471).png

Edited by Monoyume

Posted

I'm going to say this to you as a person who has openly said my negative opinion about the way you produced art. If you want to be a person that people do not have a negative opinion about and an artist who is not ending up on gossip forums like this because of their fishy ways like heavily referencing off other people's work etc, you have to work on changing this opinion with your actions. If you say that you feel ashamed about the way you used to make art, and you want to change your way, then do it, and the way others will see you and your art will change as well. This won't erase the fact that you have made copied artworks in the past. And you will not find forgiveness for that, since you can't change that people will always dislike it if someone copies off other people's work. Art theft and stuff is a sensitive topic for many. But you can use your emotion and the shame you feel to change the way you take part in the art community in the future. Use the experience and the way people are seeing you now and work with what you have learned. As said I have stated that I view the way you make art in a negative way. But I'm also just a human and I'm an artist, and I have made mistakes in the past. So I'm not going to be a hypocrite, and I'm going to wish you the best to take what you learned and work on yourself. If you change the way you made art and won't copy anymore, there is no reason for me to look at your art and feel negative about it anymore. So I wish you to work on reaching that day people from this forum and all of the others who pointed out what you did wrong will look at your art with positive feelings. You got a lot of followers and the art community - which is suffering from lots of drama recently - needs more positive rolemodels. So, It is up to you to decide what kind of artist you want to be and the future will tell. Good luck!

Posted

I'm going to say this to you as a person who has openly said my negative opinion about the way you produced art. If you want to be a person that people do not have a negative opinion about and an artist who is not ending up on gossip forums like this because of their fishy ways like heavily referencing off other people's work etc, you have to work on changing this opinion with your actions. If you say that you feel ashamed about the way you used to make art, and you want to change your way, then do it, and the way others will see you and your art will change as well. This won't erase the fact that you have made copied artworks in the past. And you will not find forgiveness for that, since you can't change that people will always dislike it if someone copies off other people's work. Art theft and stuff is a sensitive topic for many. But you can use your emotion and the shame you feel to change the way you take part in the art community in the future. Use the experience and the way people are seeing you now and work with what you have learned. As said I have stated that I view the way you make art in a negative way. But I'm also just a human and I'm an artist, and I have made mistakes in the past. So I'm not going to be a hypocrite, and I'm going to wish you the best to take what you learned and work on yourself. If you change the way you made art and won't copy anymore, there is no reason for me to look at your art and feel negative about it anymore. So I wish you to work on reaching that day people from this forum and all of the others who pointed out what you did wrong will look at your art with positive feelings. You got a lot of followers and the art community - which is suffering from lots of drama recently - needs more positive rolemodels. So, It is up to you to decide what kind of artist you want to be and the future will tell. Good luck!

Again, thank you very much! I definitely do agree with you and do have a negative opinion of my past self as well. Gladly, i have stopped!

I feel that its definitely bad that i didnt know beforehand that it was wrong, but learning from my mistakes is what defines me as an artist now. I do not and never will forgive myself, but i know that i have put in lots of effort into not heavily referencing anymore and will come back with more original works.

From experience, i also learnt that although i dont mean to come off negatively, it doesnt mean people wont see my work that way- which is important to understand from this point on.

The apology was to inform you guys that yes, i have changed and put in efforts to change the way i do art (because its my passion and i cant imagine losing my integrity over something that i love). This has been an important lesson for me, and im sure for some of my followers who have always thought heavy referencing was fine- it is not. I want to become a positive rolemodel and will do my best as well to become one that is admirable from now on!

I respect all of you, and i hope others here that have been very fishy with the way they do art/ they act will also change and understand that it is not a bad thing to own up to mistakes and learn from them. I'm also glad that many of my followers have started to respect me for learning and admitting to my mistakes, and continuing to support me.

I'll continue working hard!

Posted

hey i don't know if this is the right thread to discuss this but have you heard of the hyojin situation?

Posted

hey i don't know if this is the right thread to discuss this but have you heard of the hyojin situation?

No, what happened?

Posted (edited)

No, what happened?

so to make things short, she and a few other commentary youtubers (imalexx, bluesdank, king ani to name a few) helps this other e-artist (chey) orchestrate a false rape allegation towards slazo. he make a video debunking it so obviously it all blow up on their face. people start demanding them to at the very least apologize for it but they all either backtrack or stay silent completely. hyojin, however, keep pushing the narative instead until turkey tom made, now deleted, 2 videos on her (and the whole situation). on that video he also includes a discord conversation from her ex-roommate that allegedly she abused her roommate dog and is a serial cheater or something, again, still allegedly. to put the cherry on top, a leak discord show her using multiples racial slurs in blatantly racist rage (which has now been clarified to be a copypasta of lt corbis, still doesn't make it right tbh).

so anyway, all those people who are demanding for apology started harassing her and made a meme out of the alleged dog abuse until yesterday she tweeted something in reference of elton john about killing herself as her final act then the news came out that she attempted suicide. fortunately she survived, and i think is currently still in hospital.

Edited by serotonin deficiency

Posted (edited)

just found this artist through etcetera.art on instagram and was amazed how realistically she draws... but when i looked at her side by side comparisons, i got the feeling she sometimes just blurs the original photo and paints over some parts. there are also some very clear “cuts” on her painting which i suspect are from cutting and not blending the original photograph correctly. thoughts?

AF71D8B5-C2AB-4D9D-8220-0E86A6F9A3B4.thuthe coat matches 100% just from the looks of it and is blended very weirdly in some parts.

DA52FA2B-7428-4222-9B5A-5389BF8A97D5.thu

here you can see some very weird “cuts” (hair, chin....)

i don’t want to accuse this artist of tracing/stealing/faking but it looks a bit weird to me.

Edit: also why are the earrings warped in this painting?? and 4 earrings instead of two?

F45BE7B7-FF2F-4FD2-BFB3-71826E88E19D.thu

Edited by overripeavocado

Posted

just found this artist through etcetera.art on instagram and was amazed how realistically she draws... but when i looked at her side by side comparisons, i got the feeling she sometimes just blurs the original photo and paints over some parts. there are also some very clear “cuts” on her painting which i suspect are from cutting and not blending the original photograph correctly. thoughts?

AF71D8B5-C2AB-4D9D-8220-0E86A6F9A3B4.thuthe coat matches 100% just from the looks of it and is blended very weirdly in some parts.

i don’t want to accuse this artist of tracing/stealing/faking but it looks a bit weird to me.

Edit: also why are the earrings warped in this painting?? and 4 earrings instead of two?

She definitely traces. The umbrella matches up 100% with the reference and the coat drawing fits the original too line for line. Parts of the hair you can even see the areas she forgot to blend away. 

ezgif.com-gif-maker_(1).thumb.gif.1f5213

ezgif.com-gif-maker_(2).thumb.gif.16a188

No clue as to why she would trace as her igtv speedpaint looked really good.

Posted (edited)

this is her old art account which could show her actual art she drew herself. how can she improve in just two months like that? def suspicious 

DC187CA7-0DFD-4525-98C1-7F3DEC2176D2.thu

Edited by overripeavocado

Posted

She doesn't only trace, for a huge part it looks like she just uses the blur tool a little bit and brushes over it. The fact that she can't fully capture the face perfectly on the last one, yet is able to 'perfect' the hairstrands to the point where they are the same? nahh. Same with the earrings, seems like a copy+paste, blur/draw mistake. 
The first one's texture in the coat matches up perfectly. Same with the hair.
This girl's a fake.

Posted

I also lighted up the weird parts of that weirdly cutted image a bit:

1.thumb.png.d9d5089fd85f2e5a2a13c4a3e4c5

It becomes very obvious that some parts are directly taken from the original image and aren't even drawn over.

the reason why there are weird cuts is probably because she shifted parts with the transformation tool so it wouldn't line up perfectly with the original image.

Posted

Wow, don’t understand why someone would deceive others like that. Also, her entry to etcetera’s dtiys doesn’t resemble the image she should have drawn at all? 

F2000E4E-4AD0-41F1-957D-C6E9A8CA040F.thu