• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General e-Artist thread

310 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Why are my posts hidden lul 

Edited by Roz

Posted

What happened to @kawanocy and @orangesekaii ? They were dating but now they’re not, they stopped doing collabs with each other, and they both unfollowed/blocked each other on Instagram,, maybe they didn’t end it on good terms?

-

pics from when they dated;

B73FCEE2-E30D-46CF-ACD3-CC1643C382D2.thu970DF0EE-F52C-4E13-B986-A46FF6B6C29D.thu

Tbh they were such a cute couple I loved all their collabs, their art works so well together because the styles are super similar. It’s a shame to see two beautiful artists end a beautiful friendship.

Posted

There's this artist on twitter called Itoruna the Platypus. She's fairly talented, but a massive hypocrite. 

She constantly talks shit about Shadman while at the same time, begging for his attention all the time. Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_2.49.51_AM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_2.48.54_AM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_2.47.45_AM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_2.45.40_AM.thu

She drags him for sexualizing underage characters although she does that herself.

(warning NSFW)

https://twitter.com/Itoruna/status/1121622202816667648

https://twitter.com/Itoruna/status/1119378559284461568

Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_2.55.08_AM.thu

Maureen is an 8 year old girl from the Netflix cartoon F is for Family.

She complains about being poor yet goes to Epcot every weekend.Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_3.01.37_AM.thu

Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_3.00.14_AM.thu

Posted (edited)

I found a couple artist on instagram who has a very similar art style. Kyrie.meii stated before that Aoiogata taught her some tricks. I don't hate them for this I just find it quite odd why she's no longer exploring other techniques to create her own style and seems contented with only imitating her boyfriend's art.

PS. Kyrie deleted//archived most of her artworks on her social media accounts. I don't have any idea why she did that kinda looks suspicious.

aoiogata

20190605_202132.png

kyrie.meiidd34lsk-d37ed0e4-b6e9-4399-9ba7-a13f403d170d.png

Edited by Nashi
names

Posted

I found a couple artist on instagram who has a very similar art style. Kyrie.meii stated before that Aoiogata taught her some tricks. I don't hate them for this I just find it quite odd why she's no longer exploring other techniques to create her own style and seems contented with only imitating her boyfriend's art.

PS. Kyrie deleted//archived most of her artworks on her social media accounts. I don't have any idea why she did that kinda looks suspicious.

aoiogata

20190605_202132.png

kyrie.meiidd34lsk-d37ed0e4-b6e9-4399-9ba7-a13f403d170d.png

when i found these 2 artists i thought they were the same person

i guess if her boyfriend doesnt even care then this is the least harmful kind of copying. if they have an agreement then everything is fair game. she's 100% emulating his style but a lot of artists have similar styles. hers are slightly off anyway, like discounts replicas

Posted (edited)

was searching through "artwork vs reference" on pinterest (a whole other can of worms) and just came across this artist Julia Razumova heavily but openly references instagram photos

https://www.instagram.com/bluesssatan/

examples of not sourcing references properly:

she reposts sometimes without stating any reference (even though it is referenced)

1_(2).thumb.JPG.81e440662c44ec3a868aa7a4

sometimes basically saying "referenced but go find it yourself". i guess her reasoning for it is passable

2.thumb.JPG.a04bf4fdd54c20229cf5a3c17932

even when referencing the source, just taggs the instagram account with no direct link to the image used, i dont even see that photo on that users page anymore. not sure if she asks for permission before using the photos but at least she's communication with the original photo owners by tagging them. but tagging is also self serving in a way, i mean you tag a big influencer and if they give you a shout out, then it directs more audience to you

3.thumb.JPG.82054ad3c4d3e25a2f9ecc11ca4f

Edited by anonguestanon
claified point about tagging

Posted

I don't mean to be rude but I feel like rosuuri's art is getting lazier and lazier and she even developed same face and same body syndrome, if you look at this artwork

IMG_20190612_214802.thumb.jpg.f9434ac7b2I mean they are all girls, but they are not all the same age and they all have different personalities. I don't think it makes sense for them to have the same face. 

IMG_20190612_215126.thumb.jpg.a245f13ed1Someone even commented on it, but she didn't take the criticique and just say she's happy drawing faces that are consistent. In my opinion you shouldn't strive to create same looking shapes unless you're doing narrative work and you have to draw a character over and over again, which she isn't doing so why make things look boring when it could look so much better? 

IMG_20190612_215336.thumb.jpg.9bde928031but on her charms they literally look the same despite some of them all being from different shows 

I know it's a really simplistic artstyle but if you were just to experiment a bit with shapes it could look a bit more appealing if all the characters don't look the same

IMG_20190612_215748.thumb.jpg.d81be3efa1I feel like if you really care about your job you should at least try just a little bit to make the characters look more unique not just by the eyes, but with nose and mouth and face shapes, that can make things look a bit less flat and your character will look more interesting.

That's just an opinion, I'm not saying she has to care about this but it would be better for her art if she did because I think this is rather ridiculous that some artists just decide that they can just put whatever they want without putting thoughts into the character and they just use their way of drawing that's built into their muscle memory and never try anything new because no matter how bad their art is it will still get likes so they get lazy with it. 

Posted

An artist on ig going by spirkitty is receiving criticism for whitening and slimming down her drawing based on the girl she referenced from. spirkitty.thumb.JPG.a4fd10c48e013bb9165a 

Tbh I find this new wave of artists that just trace over ig models with slimmer faces and bigger lips/eyes boring, but spirkittys responses is what interested me the most. I couldn't find anything on all the hate she said she was getting but the basics of it is she claims the faces she references are only for lighting, positioning and nothing else. I don't really believe that as in the above photos basically everything is the same (hair, makeup, facial expression, freckles, clothing) she just whitened and slimmed her. Also says that she creates "new faces but doesn't repeat appearance in the photo" which is ?? Honestly, I feel this wouldn't have even been such a big issue if she wasn't using excuses everywhere. "I don't draw good so i need reference, if I didn't like her I wouldn't use her as a model, I made the mistake of creating what I want, I am sorry that you transfer art to the real problems of society, If you can do it better demonstrate it".

More examples of her drawings beside references.

spirkitty2.thumb.JPG.d7dcfe8f8b3d4a3e0b4spirkitty3.thumb.JPG.fa1cc7f81d6780bda74spirkitty4.thumb.JPG.ce0759a37c0e3a6443d

At what point does it stop being a reference and straight up become a portrait of said reference?  Because in the case of how closely alike all the drawings are to their referenced piece, imo I think it's a bit rude to replace the models more so unique features under the excuse of "I'm not trying to draw the model it's just a ref" when everything else is identical. 

Posted

An artist on ig going by spirkitty is receiving criticism for whitening and slimming down her drawing based on the girl she referenced from. spirkitty.thumb.JPG.a4fd10c48e013bb9165a 

Tbh I find this new wave of artists that just trace over ig models with slimmer faces and bigger lips/eyes boring, but spirkittys responses is what interested me the most. I couldn't find anything on all the hate she said she was getting but the basics of it is she claims the faces she references are only for lighting, positioning and nothing else. I don't really believe that as in the above photos basically everything is the same (hair, makeup, facial expression, freckles, clothing) she just whitened and slimmed her. Also says that she creates "new faces but doesn't repeat appearance in the photo" which is ?? Honestly, I feel this wouldn't have even been such a big issue if she wasn't using excuses everywhere. "I don't draw good so i need reference, if I didn't like her I wouldn't use her as a model, I made the mistake of creating what I want, I am sorry that you transfer art to the real problems of society, If you can do it better demonstrate it".

Hidden Content

Okay but Spirkitty's version looks so off.  Like compared to the actual photo there is something that 100% throws it off. 

They're 100% just copying the whole image basically and changing what they want. But not trying to do a slightly darker skin tone is just bad.  You're an artist drawing people. Not everyone has the same skin and there are tons of tutorials out there. Use them. 

Posted

I honestly doubt spirkitty changed the model’s appearance with any ulterior motives but rather did it because many artists only use conventionally beautiful models as references and subconsciously modified the model’s features to fit society’s beauty standards. Also, this whole concept of body positivity is mainly present in Western countries, which is why she may not understand everyone’s criticism. I do think artists should start drawing more diverse people but I think it’s a combination between a lack of exposure to the concept of political correctness and her poor English skills.

Posted

I honestly doubt spirkitty changed the model’s appearance with any ulterior motives but rather did it because many artists only use conventionally beautiful models as references and subconsciously modified the model’s features to fit society’s beauty standards. Also, this whole concept of body positivity is mainly present in Western countries, which is why she may not understand everyone’s criticism. I do think artists should start drawing more diverse people but I think it’s a combination between a lack of exposure to the concept of political correctness and her poor English skills.

I agree that she probably didn't do it with an malicious intent and the drawing is likely a result of her being less educated on diversity topics and her general art style but my main issue is how she doesn't even seem to try to understand the criticism. She's made paragraphs replying to the comments and most of them are variants of "sorry i offended you" or "it's only a reference so i can change what i want" even bad English doesn't excuse that. Honestly, if she just said sorry and that she'll learn from it then that would be the end of it but she keeps playing victim and pushing out excuses. 

Posted (edited)

I don't mean to be rude but I feel like rosuuri's art is getting lazier and lazier and she even developed same face and same body syndrome, if you look at this artwork

IMG_20190612_214802.thumb.jpg.f9434ac7b2I mean they are all girls, but they are not all the same age and they all have different personalities. I don't think it makes sense for them to have the same face. 

IMG_20190612_215126.thumb.jpg.a245f13ed1Someone even commented on it, but she didn't take the criticique and just say she's happy drawing faces that are consistent. In my opinion you shouldn't strive to create same looking shapes unless you're doing narrative work and you have to draw a character over and over again, which she isn't doing so why make things look boring when it could look so much better? 

IMG_20190612_215336.thumb.jpg.9bde928031but on her charms they literally look the same despite some of them all being from different shows 

I know it's a really simplistic artstyle but if you were just to experiment a bit with shapes it could look a bit more appealing if all the characters don't look the same

IMG_20190612_215748.thumb.jpg.d81be3efa1I feel like if you really care about your job you should at least try just a little bit to make the characters look more unique not just by the eyes, but with nose and mouth and face shapes, that can make things look a bit less flat and your character will look more interesting.

That's just an opinion, I'm not saying she has to care about this but it would be better for her art if she did because I think this is rather ridiculous that some artists just decide that they can just put whatever they want without putting thoughts into the character and they just use their way of drawing that's built into their muscle memory and never try anything new because no matter how bad their art is it will still get likes so they get lazy with it. 

I just made this account to comment and I have been following rosuuri art for years So with what you said I agree with and I feel like a lot of artists went down this path as well even youtubers.... 

IMG_20190614_041255.thumb.jpg.62db7fd3e4is this her new style? The eye gap is really big. 

Edited by SpillingTea

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

i always find her art in shoutout pages. this is actually the first time i've seen her whitewashed the shit out of someone, she drew a few woc in the past and they're always the right skintone, so i kinda believe her when she said that it's not intentional and she's just using the photo for reference of a different face. but at the same time it's too similar for her to just past it off as "only referencing lighting/positioning"

anyway i don't know if she wants to pursue art as a career or not, but if she does,

"I want people to understand that they are guests on my page. I also want them to behave like guests. I do not need to give advice about what I draw."

good luck getting a job with that attitude lol

Edited by serotonin deficiency

Posted

Hate to bring back an old topic but I honestly don’t think her finished headshot commissions look too bad for $17. Think she just didn’t choose a good commission example in her previous post

3FD85444-8970-45E1-90AE-436BF153B709.thu

Posted (edited)

What the fuck is this shit??

2B221B88-3494-48E7-A9A3-50E665C43AE5.png

Also attached a ss of this same artist being a total eDgEloRD on discord (took from a user on lolcow)

9ED6D257-98C6-4E5B-BF00-BD84786568F5.png

Edited by cheesecake