• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General e-Artist thread

310 posts in this topic

Posted

WOW, I thought this would be a thread to get to know artists but there is so much TEA in here *-*

If photos would be considered e-art for the sake of the thread, I think I might still have somewhere the screenshots of this guy who literally used third party photos to get money.

Posted

Anyone here remembers Yunomi-P? She is the artist of very popular Vocaloid MVs such as Let’s be Friends, Cendrillon and magnet. She got caught plagiarising a majority of her illustrations (which were used commercially) and has been officially “retired” as of Summer 2010. Here are some evidence of her plagiarism: 

69030CAF-790B-47B2-8E00-2884EA8D8D96.thu69DE4478-EB78-40D6-9708-79B662598D5C.thu4232B5BD-66B6-41C5-9B24-621E205E49A3.thuF2B64434-4EE8-47A1-A5AE-1B58B001BF4D.thu

The biggest issue with Yunomi’s plagiarism is not the actual tracing of photos in general but it’s the tracing of photos that don’t belong to her and the tracing of other album covers another artist has drawn. Regardless of her plagiarism, I really loved her art style and wonder if anyone here knows if she’s drawing again (under a different pen name). It’s a shame what happened to her and I don’t want to defend her but I can’t help admiring some of her older works still lol

Posted

Anyone here remembers Yunomi-P? She is the artist of very popular Vocaloid MVs such as Let’s be Friends, Cendrillon and magnet. She got caught plagiarising a majority of her illustrations (which were used commercially) and has been officially “retired” as of Summer 2010. Here are some evidence of her plagiarism: 

69030CAF-790B-47B2-8E00-2884EA8D8D96.thu69DE4478-EB78-40D6-9708-79B662598D5C.thu4232B5BD-66B6-41C5-9B24-621E205E49A3.thuF2B64434-4EE8-47A1-A5AE-1B58B001BF4D.thu

The biggest issue with Yunomi’s plagiarism is not the actual tracing of photos in general but it’s the tracing of photos that don’t belong to her and the tracing of other album covers another artist has drawn. Regardless of her plagiarism, I really loved her art style and wonder if anyone here knows if she’s drawing again (under a different pen name). It’s a shame what happened to her and I don’t want to defend her but I can’t help admiring some of her older works still lol

a ladle ? omg lol 

Posted

I was thinking about her a few weeks ago. I wasn't that into her art at the time but I wonder what her art looks like now that it's been almost 9 years. 

Posted

well i think it's good that she acknowledged it. i don't really think there's been any instance of bullying in her thread though.

sorry I didn't mean to come off that way maybe the "lol" was a bit unnecessary 

Posted

sorry I didn't mean to come off that way maybe the "lol" was a bit unnecessary 

i was referring to her sentence in the story lol

Posted

Screenshot_20190516-090542.thumb.jpg.215

Yes, I get that. Life can be busy and we won't always have time to come up with poses or drawings from scratch. Referencing off other people's work to get faster or get some experience is what many artists do all the time. I do it all the time too. But I keep it in my sketch book. When I redraw someone else's art to get better at some poses I don't post it online nor do I sell it as commission. It's just not ok. The problem isn't that you take inspiration from other people's art, the problem is 1. that you heavily reference them to a point that people can't even tell apart if you traced or not and 2. that you reference other people's work for paid commission. It's just not right. Everyone, heck every single artist needs time to work on their own art at their own pace. But tracing off other's work to speed up the process isn't the way to go. It's ugly.

lol she replied to you on her story

Screenshot_20190516-153949.thumb.jpg.7ce

> I never denied I was referencing, even when i was asked

angry.thumb.png.5847fa921ac35e1f423f3a88

Posted

IMG_20190519_130440_138.jpg

IMG_20190519_131804_255.jpg

IMG_20190519_132816_068.jpg

> I never denied I was referencing, even when i was asked

angry.thumb.png.5847fa921ac35e1f423f3a88

this work was not referenced, it is the angle and pose i i have been most used to drawing and i was in my comfort zone drawing it in class. My visual library is very small i admit, leading to it looking very similar (because trust me, i used to stare at anmis work for hours on end, studying her works a lot, it was a bad thing to do because i now ended up with a smaller visual library.) I would like to clarify that i did not trace either, but only heavily referenced. My observation skills are quite high, which is why im able to replicate the pose so accurately, and i regret that. My apology is up ^ 

Screenshot_20190502-220933.thumb.jpg.1cfScreenshot_20190502-221219.thumb.jpg.947Screenshot_20190502-221123.thumb.jpg.0b0

If it's embarrassing to say why you say it? Please don't use a picture like that then. 

Like you don't need to tell everyone on your art account that your boyfriend is mean in arguments and he has bad temper, in my opinion it's a bit rude to do that because like you're kind of putting stuff out there that maybe he could not be comfortable with.

L

The QNA was asked by people, and i just answered. Didnt brag. They asked, i replied. All the answers were collaborated on me and my boyfriend, i asked him he if he was comfortable and he consented to all posts before i uploaded

Posted

IMG_20190519_130440_138.jpg

IMG_20190519_131804_255.jpg

IMG_20190519_132816_068.jpg

this work was not referenced, it is the angle and pose i i have been most used to drawing and i was in my comfort zone drawing it in class. My visual library is very small i admit, leading to it looking very similar (because trust me, i used to stare at anmis work for hours on end, studying her works a lot, it was a bad thing to do because i now ended up with a smaller visual library.) I would like to clarify that i did not trace either, but only heavily referenced. My observation skills are quite high, which is why im able to replicate the pose so accurately, and i regret that. My apology is up ^ 

The QNA was asked by people, and i just answered. Didnt brag. They asked, i replied. All the answers were collaborated on me and my boyfriend, i asked him he if he was comfortable and he consented to all posts before i uploaded

i am glad you finally made a proper statement and acknowledged your mistakes. i don't doubt that some of the side-by-side comparisons were a result of being too subconciously attached to anmi's style and i hope you'll improve from now on.

i'd like to suggest that you refrain from sharing any aspects of your personal life that may be tmi or explicit though, i understand that you may be very open about it but....i don't think anyone needs to publicly know if you had sexual intercourse with your boyfriend. if you ever get questions like that again i suggest just replying privately if you really want to answer instead of posting it public to people who may or may not be comfortable with such things in the future. 

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

i am glad you finally made a proper statement and acknowledged your mistakes. i don't doubt that some of the side-by-side comparisons were a result of being too subconciously attached to anmi's style and i hope you'll improve from now on.

i'd like to suggest that you refrain from sharing any aspects of your personal life that may be tmi or explicit though, i understand that you may be very open about it but....i don't think anyone needs to publicly know if you had sexual intercourse with your boyfriend. if you ever get questions like that again i suggest just replying privately if you really want to answer instead of posting it public to people who may or may not be comfortable with such things in the future. 

I do too. The sharing was from quite a long time ago, and i have not shared any other info since then. Its actually been about a few months back that i decided that i wanted to keep my relationship more private. I hope you guys understand and could possibly even remove those assumptions about my relationship there since i did not just "meet him on osu, then met in real life and had sex". It meant i became friends with him there, then we met in real life and slowly progressed our friendship before becoming lovers. I understand where you're coming from though, since i also have stopped being so public from quite a while back already. I asked him if he wanted me to delete the highlight a long time ago, but he said no, so i kept it up. Sorry. 

This is one of my newer sketches recently done without reference at all. My problem before was that i used to be too uptight with my work looking like other artists works that i admired. This is more fluid and less uptight i think, its not perfect but i know its an improvement from before when my works felt less like "my work"

IMG_20190516_200233_795.jpg

Edited by Monoyume

Posted (edited)

BIG YIKES and cringe at her bf q&a lol it looks like her very first relationship to me (don’t know why else she would talk about such private topics) and just wants to brag about having sex when it’s really just cringy and uncomfortable?? 

One thing that made me a bit uncomfortable is that she met her boyfriend on osu and he was like was older than her and she developed feelings for him? Then they met and "had sex"? 

Screenshot_20190511_151149.thumb.png.21b

Despite her being 17 and him being 19? I don't know about when they met or what year but if it was they met when she was 16 and he was 18 that's a bit creepy.

Screenshot_20190511_151602.thumb.png.91d

Also why does did she answer that by saying something kind of embarrassing? Is he okay with this? 

His reply wasn't embarrassing at all but then she mentioned he sounds like a monster when he burps? But maybe it's okay for him?

May i kindly and respectfully ask those who have posted assumptions of me to please remove them as they are false? No, this is not my first relationship and we did not just meet and have sex immediately. Continually, all posts and QNA were consented to and answered WITH my boyfriend. People asked me so i replied and didnt brag at all (please search up the meaning of bragging if you do not understand what it is- because my answer was just a simple yes). It is also disrespectful to us as a couple for you to discuss our relationship is such a mocking and assuming way when you do not know us 100%. We are also more private now so please respect our decision and give me a reply. Thank you very much and i hope you all can respect us. (im not asking you to take down the parts discussing my art, that part is fine and you can leave it up.)

if you can't see your art when it's overlayed with another's work it's cause both line up super closely 

and if you didn't do anything why would you take it down? 

It seems like shes just upset she got caught tracing. I'd instantly block her. 

I thought i had addressed it properly that i did not trace and only heavily referenced)  (which i admit i did not address maturely and professionally at the time, i let my emotions handle the situation). I took it down because i thought it was already dealt with and came accross clearly and i did not want to leave drama up on my page. i have recently explained and given an apology listed up ^^^^ and kept it on my page and in my story highlights however. 

Wanted to add this too (drawn by monoyume):

1.thumb.png.fcab55434b5f0207e96c0b737e14

2.thumb.png.6748837d806db1b4537dad32c7db

But if an artist does make super professional poses in one pic and doesn't even know how an arm works in the next pic that's also a really big red flag they probably trace off other people whenever their anatomy knowledge is suddenly changing from art noob to art pro back and forth. (or that they frankenstein their traced artline off several sources)

That is not how i interpreted the anatomy, especially in the arms. I knew it had to be fixed but since i had already finished my lineart, i decided to fix it when i was done with overall shading and paint over it again (which i very recently did) 

I'm not a big fan of the chubby faces but that's just my opinion maybe she liked it? 

Hidden Content

At the time, i didnt notice the faces looked that chubby because i was still not good at anatomy yet. However, your lines over my work were inaccurate in how i interpreted the anatomy. im not that dumb and i do study anatomy and realism in school as well and am still learning and progressing, not everyone is perfect in all the time. im still growing and learning. I recently unarchived 2 of my realism schoolwork that i had to do which you can check out on my page. My anatomy isnt perfect but its still improving slowly. Also those two works were 2 of my older works that were still very badly done so ofc the anatomy isnt good at the time.

These are some of the works ive done either in school or just for personal practice recently. Its not perfect but its a good try.

Screenshot_20190520-160558.png

DSC_0583.JPG

Edited by Monoyume

Posted

My friend discovered some nice thing on Instagram.

Here's an artist she found on the explorer thing; Shachimuu

She's selling commissions, like many artists, but the price looks kinda odd to me.

Screenshot_20190523-182807_Instagram.jpg

Every artist put their own prices depending on their feel but... as an artist who opened commissions, I often decide of my prices depending on the amount of work it takes me to do the drawing... The artist's style looks pretty simple. It's kinda odd that she would ask 17$ for a headshot that looks sketched and done in 10 minutes or less?

Screenshot_20190523-182820_Instagram.jpg

Her style is quite simple too. It's cute, but simple.

Someone commented about the price issue and the artist replied.

61303599_438454603368539_633518358602658

I mean... it looks like the artist spent less than 10 minutes on this. 17$ ? Hm :doge:

So, what do you think of it? Is it a nice price to ask for a headshot?

(I personally think she asks that much because she has a lot of followers and that people will easily buy her stuff. As a struggling and unknown artist, asking 17$ for that kind of drawing is unthinkable--)

Posted

My friend discovered some nice thing on Instagram.

Here's an artist she found on the explorer thing; Shachimuu

She's selling commissions, like many artists, but the price looks kinda odd to me.

Hidden Content

Someone commented about the price issue and the artist replied.

Hidden Content

So, what do you think of it? Is it a nice price to ask for a headshot?

(I personally think she asks that much because she has a lot of followers and that people will easily buy her stuff. As a struggling and unknown artist, asking 17$ for that kind of drawing is unthinkable--)

I just saw this happening and I wanted to add she was also selling 3 second doodles for 5$ IMG_20190524_113159.thumb.jpg.7c374ca101also Sasucchi95 is getting involved too

IMG_20190524_113254.thumb.jpg.6c410f6e8ecan you don't 

Posted

Not saying their art is worth $17 for that sketch, but also, I wish people stopped acting like artists owe them something in this sense. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Buying art is a luxury and it's a product of someone learning and practicing a long time to be able to produce that sketch (even if it is in 10min now). The ridiculously low prices give people unrealistic expectations of how much time and effort art takes. I know it's simple and I don't think she's a good artist, personally, but if people want her art, then they should pay her price. If they don't wanna, they do not have to. No one is holding a gun to their head.

Art isn't supposed to be affordable to everyone.

Posted

I just saw this happening and I wanted to add she was also selling 3 second doodles for 5$ IMG_20190524_113159.thumb.jpg.7c374ca101also Sasucchi95 is getting involved too

IMG_20190524_113254.thumb.jpg.6c410f6e8ecan you don't 

the thing is that art is not supposed to be affordable and if she offers 5 sec sketches for $5 then let her be. i’m sure there are people who would pay for that. it’s the same thing as people paying $200 for nike shoes when they’re in fact worth $5. don’t think it’s fair to undervalue someone’s art when $17 is not even that much.