• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General e-Artist thread

310 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Updated with screenshots instead of links, but I wish there was a way to put hidden content through phone 

This is a thread to discuss about online artists of any genre/style since most of them don't need or are worthy enough to have an entire thread but can have problematic or just questionable behaviour and skills in the art community or towards their fans or even someone you just want to discuss about. I'll start with the ones I know, and please feel free to add more 

they can be versatile

Screenshot_2016-11-06-09-11-41.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-09-11-10.thumb.png

i really like when manga artists show they are capable of drawing beautifully in different styles 

"professionals" with questionable skills 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-13-00-52.thumb.png

honestly, this look like a begginer starting to level up 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-11-57-21.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-11-59-30.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-00-11.thumb.png

^dat neck 

I find really funny how she can draw only faces with clear anatomical mistakes (disguised by the coloring) and yet managed to release a "how to draw" book and a manga kek 

The copiers

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-03-37.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-03-56.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-04-33.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-04-53.thumb.png

These last 2 ones speaks for itself though very little of his drawing style is actually original, I once confused one of his drawings with one of the Godchild manga original illustrations, even his yaoi hands and coloring style are similar to the Godchild's author style, proportions and anatomy sometimes betray him too 

the lazy 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-08-58.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-05-39.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-07-29.thumb.png

Faces, more faces! 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-12-22.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-12-51.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-10-29.thumb.png

FACES EVERYWHERE 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-13-41.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-13-18.thumb.png

Did I said FACES? 

This guy's skills are really something but he prefers to invest in the same boring repetitive stuff and stupid fan art to gain following. His art consists in basically tacky fan art and women faces 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-14-04.thumb.png

his fan arts looks all the same, what a waste of skill 

all these people could get out of the comfort zone cause their skills are very good to remain in repetitive things and stuff they probably don't even like to attract a fan base, but maybe they are aware of that 

the 3edgy5me 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-17-49.thumb.png

This lady's style is very attractive and well worked with tons of illustrations worthy to see but some of her pieces are of a terrible taste and can be a little problematic/triggering since you can find a lot of fetishization of young lesbians and stuff like suicide or animals (mostly rabbits) being harmed

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-19-49-1.thumb.pScreenshot_2016-11-06-12-16-26.thumb.png

:beardo: 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-20-30.thumb.png

Just.....no 

I'm not against portraying suicide and these stuff and dark art, I actually enjoy dark art a lot but you need to know what and how to show it because what is fine and 3dgy for you can be upsetting and unpleasant to other people (and there are other ways to shock and make people think through your stuff) 

what's ironic is that she had a pet rabbit which originated her artistic name and it died in 2014, she said she only continues to honour her (something like that), right, the poor rabbit would really like to see lesbians as fetishes and it's semelhants portrayed murdered and skinned. 

and this one 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DVkrhrV4gXA :alpacacrush:

I really like this channel because the tips and advices are helpful to everyone in any style and the comment section isn't unpleasant to see since there's no kids whiteknighting and trolling, the only thing I don't really like is how Lisa talks SO FAST and it's a little hard to understand even with subtitles 

To finish: there was some drama surrounding baylee jae when she did a video about art block, it got a lot of responses from other artists and mostly negative because her behaviour was very petty, elitist and unprofessional. I think she deleted it but if I manage to find I'm gonna post it here 

Screenshot_2016-11-06-12-19-49.png

Edited by LostSouls
changed links to screenshots

Posted

quick tip, if you start a thread make sure to screenshot the instagram posts because if the artists decide to delete it it will be gone and it loads a bit faster instead of links

Posted

quick tip, if you start a thread make sure to screenshot the instagram posts because if the artists decide to delete it it will be gone and it loads a bit faster instead of links

thanks for the tip ^ ^ I thought about it but my cellphone is slow and a bit old and wouldn't allow me to upload everything, but I think I'll refresh the main post later w/ the screenshots 

I don't know if it's count but Ilya http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/gallery/

He does the same kind of faces everytime... he has Tumblr too. http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/

I like his backgrounds but it feels strange when you see always the same type of girl on every drawing...........................:beardo:

everything questionable counts (from little to zero knowledge to triggering/problematic and stealing/plagiarizing, harassing and scamming or just someone nice you want to discuss about), his arts are pretty nice but nothing amazing and yet a little repetitive (same girl style as you said). I don't know what's with these people they do always insist in the same thing, hey the magic happens outside the comfort zone 

Posted

A lot of Asia based artists more or less have similar drawing style (Japan, Indonesia, Philippine...etc). It's easy to tell that a lot of them probably use ball jointed dolls as models. I think this is pretty normal that artists to draw faces that look alike. Renaissance artists did that too, but they used real life models (tend to be the same people, unless they are painting their patrons) rather than using dolls or modeling their faces after someone else's art (manga, anime, video games...etc).

It's better to branch out, but it's expected that a lot of people will get stuck in their safe zones. I'm not a good artist, so I do get stuck somewhat involuntarily. It's not necessarily always because the artist is lazy. At the same time, having inflated egos from excessive praises via social media probably won't help the skill development process for some people.

Posted

I love this artist's works but they barely post on instagram :alpacaworry2:

Screenshot_2016-11-06-22-13-13.png

Screenshot_2016-11-06-22-12-37.png

Screenshot_2016-11-06-22-13-08.png

Posted

I feel like a lot of the well known artists on instagram have found their "niche" market. They've become well known for doing one style/subject their probably too scared to branch out anymore, less they start losing followers or customers. I start to find it boring after awhile, always a young pretty girl/boy in the same style and the same colours and same poses over and over again.

Some of those artists are crazy talented and clearly work hard it's a shame you don't see them do more variation. @Soymilk I'm not surprised the artist doesn't post often, artwork like that tends to take a long time. 

That actually leads me to a new question, how do these artists keep up and do work so quickly? are they at the point where they can support themselves on there art so they can do it everyday all day? A lot of my friends are artists/designers and they say it's really diffucult keeping up on instagram they try to have something finished and new quite often but then you see artists posting really good artwork every two days sometimes everyday.

I've become pretty cynical of "famous" e-artists, awhile back there was a pretty well known artist that was outed as doing digital artwork and then printing it out and placing pens/pencils around to look like they drew it. There was pretty good evidence about it too, like the progress shots they put up would be on different sized papers, or the proportion of the art wouldn't match all the progress pics, I wish I could remember the artists name I'll look around and see if I can find it again. But since then I've always been weary of those artworks with pens and brushes "artfully" spread around it lol.

Posted

Without going into too much detail as I have already made a whole thread about her (https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/2693-demonrikachi-instagram-artist/ if you want to read in full detail about what sort of person Mika is) I want to discuss the instagram artist, Demon Rikachi. (https://www.instagram.com/demon.rikachi/

A sum up of what the thread was about. She has been avoiding doing trades and commissions for people who have already paid for their work whilst using excuses like 'I'm busy' when she posts daily. When people asked questions about it, she insulted them in German and assumed nobody could understand what she was saying. She's a nasty piece of work and I feel horrible for people who have paid for art from her or traded with her and got nothing back. 

Below are just two screenshots of the sorts of things she has been saying behind her fans backs. The first comment says 'look at this little pussy, I hope the wars give you ebola, aids and that you get siphilis haha feel free to post screenshots who cares xD Pistacye.sp00k xD they think we are now afraid and that makes us somehow sorry. Idontgiveafuck go kill urself xD cheap RTL whore who has no hobbies' 

I urge you all to take a look at the thread I made of her already for the full details of what is happening as this is really brief and doesn't  even nearly cover what has happened 

stoeln.thumb.jpg.98a7df79df206624c863aa757ac76960 (1).jpg

Screenshot_20161030-234045.thumb.jpg.d3cde3bad2ea63230fc089c4ea77f83e.jpg

Posted

I don't know if it's count but Ilya http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/gallery/

He does the same kind of faces everytime... he has Tumblr too. http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/

I like his backgrounds but it feels strange when you see always the same type of girl on every drawing...........................:beardo:

Kr0npr1nz is well known in the artist community for having a somewhat shady approach to his art.... He really heavily references official stuff in a lot of his fanart and reffed stock/model photos for many of his "studies" without crediting until it was pointed out by a lot of people last year and he was forced to respond to/rectify these issues. I'm not sure about other people but it kinda left a bitter taste in my mouth. 

I'm on mobile right now so I'm not really sure how well posting images would go, but if you google "kr0npr1nz plagiarism" you'll see the issue that I'm talking about ;;;;

Posted

i'm probably the only one but I find Sakimichan's art super boring, she has skills and all but it looks like her art pretty much lost all creativity in the recent years, she doesn't even draw full body people anymore, i'm not a big fan of the style itself but at least a few years ago she used to draw girls with animals and stuff, not it's the same fanservice-y half bodies drawings.

Posted

i'm probably the only one but I find Sakimichan's art super boring, she has skills and all but it looks like her art pretty much lost all creativity in the recent years, she doesn't even draw full body people anymore, i'm not a big fan of the style itself but at least a few years ago she used to draw girls with animals and stuff, not it's the same fanservice-y half bodies drawings.

I FEEL YOU and honestly it only makes me salty bc she makes like $27k a month doing the same basic face/pose/everything with a different haircut attached. . . . I'm an artist too so ik how it feels to be afraid of going out of your comfort zone but you could at least stand to draw more than one type of face lol

Posted

remember when he was getting drug up & down on social media for tracing & profiting off of "redraws"? :P
i think the tracing accusations were a reach but if anything i was so tired of seeing other artists being "heavily inspired" by his works. 
- examples: guweiz & koyorin .

Posted

you're def not the only one lol

i've always found her art really stiff and everything looks exactly. the. same. and like chat said its frustrating as an artist to see her being so supported for literally the same thing over and over only with purple hair or something. idk what men she's seen in her life but not every guy has a strong jawline and straight nose and is super muscle-y. just like how not every girl has big eyes, small nose, small waist, and a big chest

Posted

So I couldn't find the artist I was thinking of however I remembered there was some accusations against this artist: Kaoru Hasegawa

2016-11-07_19.00.07.thumb.png.6d64436e1e

Kaoru has been accused of using a companys copyrighted ball jointed doll photo's for tracing as well as other copyrighted photo's (non stock photo's)

tumblr_inline_oex4lrYv7p1tek9tv_1280.thutumblr_odff5rFjeZ1uj8kvvo2_540.thumb.jpg

Personally I don't find artists using reference photo's wrong its a pretty normal practice in the art world, however if they are selling these artworks they should make sure the references their using aren't copyrighted. He would've been better off  just buying his own dolls and posing them for photo's to use heaps of comic book artists do this.